Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Body cam of our police officers

Started by Zetsu, January 31, 2018, 10:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"I probably overstated the "unrewarding" remark.

I think it is more accurate to say that the degree of respect and gratitude that you used to feel decades ago isn't as profound...instead you get more of Freuds idiocy thrown at you. I believe that modern cops have to be very much more senstitive to political correctness than we ever were...it didn't exist back then. And I have never accepted that feminising the police force was a positive move.

Many decades ago there were more peace officers about and not a legion of grubby thieving narcissists with Napoleon complexes. Cops had a better idea on how to deal with people often ignoring the fine letter of the law in order to get a more positive outcome in the long run. There was no militarization of cop shops. Regulations and codes were fewer. Cops didn't shoot your dog because it was behaving like a faithful dog should on its own property. Cops didn't make retarded demands to disarm their populations then get judges to render 'no legal responsibility to protect' outcomes when taken to court because they failed to live up to a bargain. There were still plenty of dirty cops though. But they often got taken care of quietly internally.

I don't doubt that there are plenty of modern cops who do their jobs and go home to play with their kids.

It's the job that's become the problem and by sticking with it, rationalizing it, hero worshipping it, giving it undue accolades, and pretending that it doesn't more or less boil down to an Orwellian street gang, any moral authority it might have had on any level has been rendered non-existent.

I also get that people need to believe that they are safe and will cling to anything they're brainwashed with in government schools to maintain that allusion from reciting silly oaths and incantations towards pieces of dyed fabrics to idolizing their on the street prison wardens in blue as their pocket books are systematically emptied for ad hoc legislated and applied crimes with no victims.

I don't expect you to agree with any of this though. Unlikely you'd bite the hands you fed off.
Blahhhhhh...

Wazzzup

So DD what is the answer to it?  Get rid of the cops all together?  More bodycams?  What do you think would make things better?

Frood

Quote from: "Wazzzup"So DD what is the answer to it?  Get rid of the cops all together?  More bodycams?  What do you think would make things better?

Allow private security to compete with the State ones. With competition comes the need for reputation for better customer service.

Remove regulations and codes which enable cops to do their employer's nasty bidding.

Return Western law back to its former glory. Get rid of the more recent income taxes as well as the property, estate, and death taxes. Innocence before guilt always. A right to a jury of one's peers and for that jury to nullify anything it finds unjust on the books as pertaining to the incident without regard to instructions by the Judge (aka State).

That's a start.

Remove unelected police. Sheriffs have the consent of those who elect them and for those who didn't, they are free to leave or employ another security service on their behalf who are bonded to deliver similarly.  

Bodycams are great though. Every single person on this planet should have one. If AI manages to fake them one day, I'm still sure there will be a gold standard of authenticity for some competitor.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Frood

Coming from a feeble minded old fool, I appreciate it.  ac_smile
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Again, you would not say that to me mano e mano.

Frood

:oeudC: How is that biologically even possible?
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

@Dinky

DD You're asking, if not demanding quite a lot for a person that have never contribute any to the peace and safety of the society.  I mean you don't want the civilians to be disarmed, but complain about how the law enforcement personal are somehow over equipped, and you do know that registered firearms kills more innocent people than unregistered guns.

And also complain, but more like whining about how law abiding citizens and police are allied together b/c of integrity.  While being a police is the 2nd most demanding job in the world right after a soldier's job, especially ones that are deployed overseas... still you have the guts to demand or boss the people that are keeping criminals away from your house on how to run their organization.  

Though I'll have to admit there's one thing I could agree on is legalizing bounty hunters or a privatized armed security, might be able to help reduce the crime rate, but at the same time I think deducting the income and budget of the police force is one of the worst ideas, leading to nothing but more corruption.  No one or any sane person is going to risk themselves on a pay that is hardly higher than someone that is just sitting safely in a office typing in front of a computer.  Bottomline is DD, if you were in Bricktop's shoes, you'd be long dead with shit in your pants, this is a fact.
Permanently off his rocker

Frood

Righteo. You're not a liberty lover and you need minders to personally function. Fair enough. You're not a rarity in this modern day. It's just a shame that you insist on spreading that infection on the unwilling.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Righteo. You're not a liberty lover and you need minders to personally function. Fair enough. You're not a rarity in this modern day. It's just a shame that you insist on spreading that infection on the unwilling.

Well, if you don't like the police that much, you could try moving to places like Mexico where the police are corrupt and are willing to work for the highest bidder, but then you gotta watch your back, who know will pick pocket or attack you while you're alone in the night.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Righteo. You're not a liberty lover and you need minders to personally function. Fair enough. You're not a rarity in this modern day. It's just a shame that you insist on spreading that infection on the unwilling.

DD if you want to be free like some wild animal for the sake of so called liberty, no one is preventing you to move to places like Mexico or Africa, where there's no cops to stop you from doing what ever you want, as long as you pay them money, just like privatized police.  

There's a good reason why the commonwealth, all developed and civilized nation in the world have invested a lot of money and means to run a functioning police force, it's only trolls like you believe otherwise.

Frood

Quote from: "Zetsu"

Well, if you don't like the police that much, you could try moving to places like Mexico where the police are corrupt and are willing to work for the highest bidder, but then you gotta watch your back, who know will pick pocket or attack you while you're alone in the night.

Love it or leave it?  ac_toofunny

But who will build the roads?

There will be anarchy!

(You're welcome to use any of those)
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Love it or leave it?  ac_toofunny

But who will build the roads?

There will be anarchy!

(You're welcome to use any of those)

Everyone will be fine whether with or without your type, trust me on this.

Anonymous

DD if you want to be free like some wild animal for the sake of so called liberty, no one is preventing you to move to places like Mexico or Africa, where there's no cops to stop you from doing what ever you want, as long as you pay them money, just like privatized police.  

There's a good reason why the commonwealth, all developed and civilized nation in the world have invested a lot of money and means to run a functioning police force, it's only trolls like you believe otherwise.

That reminds me of the year we lived in Kazakhstan.

Blazor

Hmm now that you've mentioned it lol, I remember my brother too once wasn't able to get hired for a job due to his vision, he also practices Judo and Kungfu and was also a into arts like drawing, assembling and painting Gundam models.  :001_tongue:

Damn, I could be his twin lol. I dont do the models though. Is he a Lord of the Rings fan as well lol? I saw a bumper sticker I liked this morning, "Gandalf for president"  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.