Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Sanctuary city builds walls to keep out homeless Americans

Started by Frood, February 07, 2018, 09:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
I've heard Seattle had more homeless people than most cities..

I'll guess a lot of them are employed too.

Thats sad. I think NY has the most.

The ones I met while there were not employed, but the one I talked with seemed rather smart. He seemed to like his lifestyle.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

The ones I met while there were not employed, but the one I talked with seemed rather smart. He seemed to like his lifestyle.

He liked not having a roof over his head?

ac_wot

We had a similar situation in Calgary about eleven years ago when oil and gas development was booming..

A lack of pipelines, excessive regulations, a carbon tax and rising income and corporate taxes killed the boom..

The government did  that to help homeless people.

:laugh:

Blazor

ac_wot

We had a similar situation in Calgary about eleven years ago when oil and gas development was booming..

A lack of pipelines, excessive regulations, a carbon tax and rising income and corporate taxes killed the boom..

lol

I dont know where he slept. But he had plenty of food, and was able to ask others for beer and got some. Said he been doing it for years.

Anonymous

ac_wot

lol

I dont know where he slept. But he had plenty of food, and was able to ask others for beer and got some. Said he been doing it for years.

The city  of Victoria on Vancouver island has a lot of young, able bodied beggars..

I don't know if they are homeless or not, but they seem happy in their career choice..

Tourist cities like Victoria attract panhandling.

cc

Many if not most have a severe mental illness and end up on the street. Some even figure they want that.

Most have failed to be the norm of society for reasons of mental illness and some because they are simply are not cut out for work and for supporting themselves
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Many if not most have a severe mental illness and end up on the street. Some even figure they want that.

Most have failed to be the norm of society for reasons of mental illness and some because they are simply are not cut out for work and for supporting themselves

That is true in my city and I see it when I volunteer for the Salvation Army..

But, when I was in Victoria I met some beggars and again I don't know if they were homeless who seemed not to be mentally ill and were doing it by choice.

Blazor

cc

Illegal drugs plays a major role for some.

Or a combination of some or all the above (drugs,  severe mental illness, inability to work, unwillingness to work)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Do y'all have homeless shelters there?

Of course we do  Blazor....what city with a population of one and a quarter million doesn't.

Blazor

Of course we do  Blazor....what city with a population of one and a quarter million doesn't.

Well I didnt know! lol

How come they dont go to a shelter? Or maybe its like CC said, they dont go, because of drugs or alcohol. Shelters here dont allow that either if you're under that influence.

Anonymous

Well I didnt know! lol

How come they dont go to a shelter? Or maybe its like CC said, they dont go, because of drugs or alcohol. Shelters here dont allow that either if you're under that influence.

If they are sober, they do go to shelters, but they have to be out by seven am I believe..

They hang out on the streets all day and return to the shelters at night..

They can get meals at a number of open kitchens, but since most are Christian ministries I don't think they will be eligible to hire students this coming summer because they have different values than Justin Trudeau.

ac_wot

Blazor

If they are sober, they do go to shelters, but they have to be out by seven am I believe..

They can get meals at a number of open kitchens, but since most are Christian ministries I don't think they will be eligible to hire students this coming summer because they have different values than Justin Trudeau.

ac_wot

Strange, no wonder they hang out under bridges cause of the rain. They dont feed them at the shelter? The shelter here feeds them and helps them out in many ways, but they have to sit through church service there to get fed.

Frood

ac_wot

Strange, no wonder they hang out under bridges cause of the rain. They dont feed them at the shelter? The shelter here feeds them and helps them out in many ways, but they have to sit through church service there to get fed.

Sounds like torture
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Sounds like torture

My friend that lived there a while hated it lol. But at least he had a hot and a cot.

realgrimm

Hey look they're building it with space age chain link too ,cuz homeless cant cut or hop fences I forgot.. Looks like it might actually make it safer to live there if theres less ways in