Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Ontario sheds record number of jobs due to big minimum wage increases

Started by Anonymous, February 09, 2018, 03:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"One man's pay rise is another man's sacking.

Most servers in my province don't even want an increase in the minimum wage....it means less take home pay.

I have lived in places with no tipping culture, but a higher minimum wage than Saskatchewan. Are they better off than servers at a Keg here. Hell no. And it seems Canada is moving in that direction with mandated high minimum wages. Good for the taxman, but not so good for waitresses.

Bricktop

Australia.

Where the only tipping people want is for a horse race.

Angry White Male

The only reason we tip here, is due to our close proximity to the US, where it is the norm.

I get both sides of the argument, but I don't know...  Most people work hard, and do not receive tips.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Most servers in my province don't even want an increase in the minimum wage....it means less take home pay.

I have lived in places with no tipping culture, but a higher minimum wage than Saskatchewan. Are they better off than servers at a Keg here. Hell no. And it seems Canada is moving in that direction with mandated high minimum wages. Good for the taxman, but not so good for waitresses.

It's for the government, not waitresses.

Wazzzup

Tipping culture has its downside, but on the plus side I nearly always get fantastic service when I go to a decent restaurant where the staff rely on tips.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

It's for the government, not waitresses.

I believe that.