Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Another shooting in an American school

Started by Bricktop, February 14, 2018, 05:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: "kiebers"He was a 30 year veteran of the Broward County Sheriff's department. In 2015 he responded to a call in a cafeteria, grabbed his gun, pursued 4 and apprehended 2 so not just a public relations operative. You don't get issued a weapon without having some kind of proficiency with it.

He had a sworn duty to protect. He didn't. When children are being killed...you can't wait, you have to act. No different than what a parent would do for their own child in other situations. Sorry I can't give him a pass on this.

I guess I look at it as, if I were to see a child about to get hit by a car and I knew I would be hit and maimed or killed if I pushed it out of the way, I know I would do my best to save the child and take my chances knowing I did the best I could. School shooting would be no different.

Then why did he hold back this time?

I do not give him a pass...or fail...and none of you have the right either. I think my point, poorly made, obviously, is that its easy to be armchair warriors. Unless and until you have been in a similar situation, you have no right or reason to be critical.

The deputy is not the problem. The government is the problem, allowing nutjobs and criminals to LEGALLY buy firearms more powerful than those issued to police officers.

I wasn't there, and I don't know the circumstances. Neither do you. But I guarantee you this. The majority of you in a similar situation would probably do what he did...with the addition of pissing your pants...when you realise that the chances of you taking down a maniac with an AR15 are slim to none, and then he will simply resume his killing spree. And I don't know about the US, who seem to think everybody should be a hero, just like in the movies, but here the patrol officers are trained to respond and contain until the correct response team arrives. They are neither equipped nor trained to deal with situations such as that.

Given that most Americans are educated by your TV shows...ever wonder why SWAT teams turn up to an armed offender with heavy firepower, shields, gas, snipers and ballistic helmets?

And you expect ONE man with a pistol to do what THEY are trained to do.

Maybe you, or I, would have acted differently. Frankly, I doubt that most of you would even put yourself in that potential situation. You drive trucks and trains, work in an office, or sell insurance. You have no right to judge.

The American government has created the environment that leads to cops saying "I can't do anything, I might get killed".

Walking into a situation where you may well be killed may make for good TV. But until you've been in that situation and put YOUR life on the line, you don't know what you're talking about.

I feel sorry for the guy...because the government creates these scenarios, and American movie mentality demands everyone has to be a hero.

And in addition...would there be the same hysteria if the cop was a female??

cc

Wait Wait

Nikolas Cruz will 'get into a school and just shoot the place up,' FBI caller reportedly said

In the Jan. 5 tip received by the FBI on Nikolas Cruz, a female caller claimed that the 19-year-old school shooter was "so outraged" she feared he would "get into a school and just shoot the place up," according to call transcripts viewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The call was placed by a person close to Cruz through the FBI's Public Access Line (PAL) tip line last month to report concerns of his erratic behavior and disturbing social media posts. The bureau admitted to receiving the call from the unidentified woman.

The woman told the operator that she knew Cruz was "going to explode" and wanted a "clear conscience" if he "just starts shooting places up," The Journal reported.

In the call, she reportedly said she'd previously flagged authorities to concerning Instagram posts in which Cruz allegedly claimed to want to kill himself. The woman said she didn't know the status of that investigation but since then, Cruz had allegedly "switched it to he wants to kill people," she told the operator, according to The Journal. She reportedly gave authorities his social media usernames.

"It's alarming to see these pictures and to know what he's capable of doing and what could happen," the caller said. "He's [been] thrown out of all these schools because he would pick up a chair and just throw it at somebody, a teacher or a student, because he didn't like the way they were talking to him."

"Something is gonna happen," she said. "Because he's, he doesn't have the mental capacity. He can't, he's so outraged if someone talks to him about certain things."

The woman also told of Cruz's alleged interest in hunting knives and how he would cut up animals, including frogs and birds, according to the outlet.

One time, "he brought the bird into the house," she said on the call, and reportedly started dissecting it on his mother's counter. When his mother probed him about it, he allegedly said, 'I want to see what's inside,'" The Journal reported.

[Screw you Obamba's "Protect Demoncrat Politicians Only" FBI  - T needs to clean house - Not slowly drain it, but FLUSH the bad wood  down the toilet]
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

And its all the fault of a cop with a pistol.

Ain't judging easy...

cc

No. It's the fault of govt at many levels  .. from bottom right up to top levels, FBI

As to the cop part of it in isolation, even his union leader (protector) said he HAD TO act

As evidenced so many times in the past, many civilians with a gun who found themselves in that exact situation would have acted.

This whole thing is a chain of abject failure top to bottom

kiebers

Quote from: "Bricktop"And its all the fault of a cop with a pistol.

Ain't judging easy...

You already judged the FBI, and rightly so. But you are defending what he did. Strange. You're standing there at a school with a gun and there is an active shooter inside. No way you can convince me you would not go in regardless of weaponry. We may be on the outs but I know you well enough to know that.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Wazzzup

This cop could usher in a new standard for the way people in dangerous jobs behave

When firefighters see a burning a building with people in it just say, "nah its too hot in there, I might get hurt, let 'em burn"

Soldiers too "what? you want me to go into battle?  No way those guys have guns, count me out"

And lets not even talk about about the secret service or the bomb squad.  Forgetaboutit

Yep become a cop and then when its time to stop a bad guy just say, "naw hell with that, let those kids die, I don't feel like getting hurt."

If you aren't willing to do what a dangerous profession requires. don't sign up for it.

this cop is a cowardly disgrace and I hope people tell him that everywhere he goes till the day he dies.

cc

[I won't take a CNN report to the bank, BUT it is not in  Fake News Inc.'s blood to not be very certain on a report that does not fit its agenda.]

Quote(CNN)When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

With direction from the Broward deputies who were outside, Coral Springs police soon entered the building where the shooter was. New Broward County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene, and two of those deputies and an officer from Sunrise, Florida, joined the Coral Springs police as they went into the building.

Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. It's unclear whether the shooter was still in the building when they arrived.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html">CNN Report Continued ...................

Wazzzup

Quote from: "cc"[I won't take a CNN report to the bank, BUT it is not in  Fake News Inc.'s blood to not be very certain on a report that does not fit its agenda.]

Quote(CNN)When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

With direction from the Broward deputies who were outside, Coral Springs police soon entered the building where the shooter was. New Broward County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene, and two of those deputies and an officer from Sunrise, Florida, joined the Coral Springs police as they went into the building.

Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. It's unclear whether the shooter was still in the building when they arrived.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html">CNN Report Continued ...................
 Just when you thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous it does.

This is like murphys law- every way law enforcment could have possibly failed it did.

Bricktop

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Bricktop"And its all the fault of a cop with a pistol.

Ain't judging easy...

You already judged the FBI, and rightly so. But you are defending what he did. Strange. You're standing there at a school with a gun and there is an active shooter inside. No way you can convince me you would not go in regardless of weaponry. We may be on the outs but I know you well enough to know that.

What I would do in the situation is not what you would do. Or Shen Li. Or anyone else.

Its possible that you may have had to work with people who for a variety of reasons, such as PTSD, psychological stress or a change of values in their life have lost their courage. That is different from cowardice.

I am NOT defending what he did...because, I repeat, I was not there and don't have first hand knowledge of the situation. I am telling people to take the same attitude. I've worked with a LOT of cops who walked the walk, but when the heat was on, they went missing. I did not judge any single one of them a coward. Just someone in the wrong job. They have kids, family, a life...if someone put value on that over the lives of others, its on them.

That they should leave the force is indisuptable. That they should be called "coward" by people who've never heard a gunshot up close is unacceptable.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"maybe a .357...

OK...  When were you last on active duty?

.357?

Maybe?  Were you ever a cop?  Have you served in actual law enforcement in the last, say, 30 fucking years?

Angry White Male

Bricktop just now removes his service Webley 455 from his drawer, and realizes that he 'isn't in the game anymore'...

A tear rolls down his cheek...

Blazor

Im not gonna defend the cop, but one thing that I thought about, maybe the resource officer didnt want to shoot the kid, because, well... he was a kid. Prolly a kid he had seen countless times while he went to school there not even a year ago. Perhaps he even had a kid/grandkid the same age. Maybe even had a mental struggle, with to shoot or not to shoot. Personally, I would have a hard time deciding to shoot a kid, but if I saw other kids being shot, I would take some kind of course of action, maybe getting the sneak on him somehow. Hard to say as I wasnt there nor know the logistics. Even if the kid had an AR15, it would have to be reloaded at some point. Did we ever get a report on how many clips he had? Another thing Im curious about, since this kid had been in fights, was he bullied or something when he attended there. Maybe thats why he went postal, he got tired of taking so much shit from his fellow classmates, and the fighting wasnt getting him anywhere. Bullying in schools can get real bad, to force a young mind to go suicidal or something. I honestly have no idea, just throwing some ideas out there that I have thought about, I like to look at both sides of the coin.

On another note, kids are taking pistols to school now, I guess for defense. There were 3 incidents this week alone, in local schools in my area, where kids were found with pistols in their backpacks. My son told me.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"This cop could usher in a new standard for the way people in dangerous jobs behave

When firefighters see a burning a building with people in it just say, "nah its too hot in there, I might get hurt, let 'em burn"

Soldiers too "what? you want me to go into battle?  No way those guys have guns, count me out"

And lets not even talk about about the secret service or the bomb squad.  Forgetaboutit

Yep become a cop and then when its time to stop a bad guy just say, "naw hell with that, let those kids die, I don't feel like getting hurt."

If you aren't willing to do what a dangerous profession requires. don't sign up for it.

this cop is a cowardly disgrace and I hope people tell him that everywhere he goes till the day he dies.

I was really surprised too that the policeman did not go in.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Blazor", I would take some kind of course of action, maybe getting the sneak on him somehow. Hard to say as I wasnt there nor know the logistics. Even if the kid had an AR15, it would have to be reloaded at some point.
 That's what I was thinking.  the cop knew the layout of the school.  He should be a better shot than the kid, as he should have had training.  He could have used clues as to where the shooter was.--like where the unjured and dead were, where the kids were running from, listening to the direction of the shots as they are fired.  

The cop would have had the element of surprise, as the shooter was hunting for student targets.  Try and sneak up on him and get a shot around a corner.

And yeah, If I were that cop I would have pissed myself and shit myself and puked too.  But I would also know that if I didn't go in there and try and stop it I could never live with myself.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Blazor", I would take some kind of course of action, maybe getting the sneak on him somehow. Hard to say as I wasnt there nor know the logistics. Even if the kid had an AR15, it would have to be reloaded at some point.
 That's what I was thinking.  the cop knew the layout of the school.  He should be a better shot than the kid, as he should have had training.  He could have used clues as to where the shooter was.--like where the unjured and dead were, where the kids were running from, listening to the direction of the shots as they are fired.  

The cop would have had the element of surprise, as the shooter was hunting for student targets.  Try and sneak up on him and get a shot around a corner.

And yeah, If I were that cop I would have pissed myself and shit myself and puked too.  But I would also know that if I didn't go in there and try and stop it I could never live with myself.

Pretty much every word you wrote is speculative. Reloading an AR15 takes a second...drop out a mag, throw another in there...

A better shot? A "better shot" with a pistol is still vastly outgunned by a semi auto military rifle.

You weren't there. You are not familiar with the situation. You've no validity to make judgments.