News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

The madness goes on...give teachers guns.

Started by Bricktop, February 21, 2018, 07:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"Guns are not bad, people are.

the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Tell that to the 17 good kids gunned down. Or the 54 concert goers.

Did anyone tell the 84 people killed by a truck  in Nice Islam is bad? What about the 23 people killed by a bomb at the concert in Manchester?

Frood

Quote from: "cc"How many separate gun threads do you  need on the main board to express YOUR single view?

3?

6?

10?

50?

He's gone mental.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Did anyone tell the 84 people killed by a truck  in Nice Islam is bad? What about the 23 people killed by a bomb at the concert in Manchester?

:thumbup:

Blazor

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Is anyone else feeling the urge to purchase a gun after reading all these gun related threads?  ac_dunno

">

">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Blazor"I've heard of this before. I dont know how I feel about it. Giving a teacher a gun, nah. If a teacher had taken a gun safety course, taken a concealed weapons course and gotten their permit, AND if they went through a more special rigorous course considering the profession, only then would I maybe considerate it.
 Agreed they should have training first, not just a gun in drawer they never shot before.

But no need anyway.  Like i said want to get rid of mass school shootings--One entrance, metal detectors and an armed security guard that's all it takes.  No need to arm teachers, no need to take away constitutional rights.

Similar to the way my sons school was set up and it seems to work good.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

realgrimm

https://78.media.tumblr.com/1e99b0ec8379801eb33541d5af5eff33/tumblr_p4jb6qFhIF1ris16so1_1280.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Blazor"I've heard of this before. I dont know how I feel about it. Giving a teacher a gun, nah. If a teacher had taken a gun safety course, taken a concealed weapons course and gotten their permit, AND if they went through a more special rigorous course considering the profession, only then would I maybe considerate it.
 Agreed they should have training first, not just a gun in drawer they never shot before.

But no need anyway.  Like i said want to get rid of mass school shootings--One entrance, metal detectors and an armed security guard that's all it takes.  No need to arm teachers, no need to take away constitutional rights.

Similar to the way my sons school was set up and it seems to work good.

Everyone enters and leaves through one entrance and it has a metal detector?

What about a security guard at the entrance?

Wazzzup

You just beat me to it.

Anonymous

You just beat me to it.

Didn't European cities make changes similar to the ones you mentioned..

Blocking access to public promenades by vehicles with physical barriers for example?

Bricktop

I'm having a seniors moment. I'm not getting your point. ac_unsure

realgrimm

https://78.media.tumblr.com/6b60df2a5c7ceda110c831c6a6b2b867/tumblr_p4jeoliXbM1ris16so1_1280.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"https://78.media.tumblr.com/6b60df2a5c7ceda110c831c6a6b2b867/tumblr_p4jeoliXbM1ris16so1_1280.jpg">

:laugh:

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"

You just beat me to it.

Blocking access to public promenades by vehicles with physical barriers for example?

It is a solution we poked some fun at.  Because their poor immigration polices led to having to implement these measures.  But yes, sometimes you have to resort to such methods.

I don't like the idea of metal detectors and armed security in schools.  But if you want to stop school shootings that's what it will take.  Gun bans will have little to no effect.

Anonymous

You just beat me to it.

It is a solution we poked some fun at.  Because their poor immigration polices led to having to implement these measures.  But yes, sometimes you have to resort to such methods.

I don't like the idea of metal detectors and armed security in schools.  But if you want to stop school shootings that's what it will take.  Gun bans will have little to no effect.

I do remember those opinions.

Bricktop

You just beat me to it.

So why did it in Australia?

Since 1996...NO mass shootings.