Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

What do you think of this.....?????

Started by Obvious Li, July 07, 2013, 08:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Cursive writing is still in use in our schools, I think.

It looks good on formal papers and it is much faster to write.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Cursive writing is still in use in our schools, I think.

You think? You are not really sure then?

Odinson

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Odinson"Cursive writing is still in use in our schools, I think.

You think? You are not really sure then?

My relative kids can read my old school handwriting from my schoolbooks.

My old teachers didn´t accept shitty handwriting.

I don´t have the actual statistics. I guess they still teach it at schools.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"[/b]

that is what struck me of some of the callers who defended the choice to not teach it..as they felt it was no longer required......too me it seems we have lost some thing if people cannot sign their own names, read a hand written document etc......what happens when the power goes out.....

I see this going on in the US as well and I always wonder how will future generations read The Declaration of Independence, or The Bill of Rights, or the US Constitution and it's amendments in their original form. But then I stop and realize that they won't have to; they will just let their elected leaders tell them what it says. Millions of people are already doing it so what's a few million more?   :x

People are freaking stupid and I swear they are getting stupider with every generation. Thankfully all my children with obvious exception of my 11 month old can write and read cursive and when it comes time for her to learn, I will make sure she knows how.

Ms Renee, I made sure both of my children can read and write cursive too..

You raised a valid point about future leaders counting on an ignorant population..

I have never paid much attention to what happens in political circles, but now I think that may have been a mistake.

Oh you bet they are.

For many, especially for those on the far left and the far right, an ignorant voter is their key to their political survival. Keeping people stupid and in the dark is a big part of the business of politics.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I see this going on in the US as well and I always wonder how will future generations read The Declaration of Independence, or The Bill of Rights, or the US Constitution and it's amendments in their original form. But then I stop and realize that they won't have to; they will just let their elected leaders tell them what it says. Millions of people are already doing it so what's a few million more?   :x

People are freaking stupid and I swear they are getting stupider with every generation. Thankfully all my children with obvious exception of my 11 month old can write and read cursive and when it comes time for her to learn, I will make sure she knows how.

I never paid attention to politics, but maybe I should.

Ms Renee, I made sure both of my children can read and write cursive too..

You raised a valid point about future leaders counting on an ignorant population..

I have never paid much attention to what happens in political circles, but now I think that may have been a mistake.

Oh you bet they are.

For many, especially for those on the far left and the far right, an ignorant voter is their key to their political survival. Keeping people stupid and in the dark is a big part of the business of politics.

Big Wave Dave

Quote from: "Obvious Li"I was listening to the Roy Green show whilst driving home today from another town and they were discussing the topic of cursive writing and the fact that very few schools teach it at all any more (Calgary) and some teach it briefly in grades three or four.....the topic came to light when a parent was helping his 14 year old son fill out his passport application which  the kid was required to sign.......as it happens he could not sign his own name...nor could he read the words that his parents filled in on the application....his parents were stunned to find out that most of today``s children can no longer read or write they english language if it is cursively written out....they are only taught to print or too read individual printed words...i was in disbelief that this topic was real.....but it went on for an hour and many many teachers, other parents, teachers assistants etc. all phoned in confirming this new ``progressive`` bent in our educational system......it seems that school boards have determined that todays students do all their assignments on a computer and talk back and forth by message so there is no need to teach or learn how to read a cursively written sentence or word.....one nursing instructor phoned in and said she failed her whole class as they could not read or write a written sentence and were unable to perform even the most rudimentary tasks if there were no computer device available for them to print on.....she was flabbergasted...as am i........can the system be this bad ÉÉÉÉÉÉ......how can anyone read historical documents or journals if they are not taught to read and write cursive words at an early age..................a lot of the parents that called in stated they had put their kids in private school where cursive was taught or taught it to them at home......

This another reason why I am glad I got out of Canada. Fat ugly women who think they are all that is the main reason, but there others. My love of surfing was second. Stupid overbearing government, feminism, cold weather, high taxes, handouts to Indians and political correctness are all reasons why I would never live anywhere in Canada again.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Big Wave Dave"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"I was listening to the Roy Green show whilst driving home today from another town and they were discussing the topic of cursive writing and the fact that very few schools teach it at all any more (Calgary) and some teach it briefly in grades three or four.....the topic came to light when a parent was helping his 14 year old son fill out his passport application which  the kid was required to sign.......as it happens he could not sign his own name...nor could he read the words that his parents filled in on the application....his parents were stunned to find out that most of today``s children can no longer read or write they english language if it is cursively written out....they are only taught to print or too read individual printed words...i was in disbelief that this topic was real.....but it went on for an hour and many many teachers, other parents, teachers assistants etc. all phoned in confirming this new ``progressive`` bent in our educational system......it seems that school boards have determined that todays students do all their assignments on a computer and talk back and forth by message so there is no need to teach or learn how to read a cursively written sentence or word.....one nursing instructor phoned in and said she failed her whole class as they could not read or write a written sentence and were unable to perform even the most rudimentary tasks if there were no computer device available for them to print on.....she was flabbergasted...as am i........can the system be this bad ÉÉÉÉÉÉ......how can anyone read historical documents or journals if they are not taught to read and write cursive words at an early age..................a lot of the parents that called in stated they had put their kids in private school where cursive was taught or taught it to them at home......

This another reason why I am glad I got out of Canada. Fat ugly women who think they are all that is the main reason, but there others. My love of surfing was second. Stupid overbearing government, feminism, cold weather, high taxes, handouts to Indians and political correctness are all reasons why I would never live anywhere in Canada again.

I could not imagine living anywhere else Big Wave Dave..

My husband has been to all corners of the globe on his job and I lived overseas with him for a year..

I also have family in Taiwan too..

We don't know of any place in the world where an electrician and a secretary along with their two children can live so well.