The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I think Mel has bugged out!!!

Started by Bricktop, March 10, 2018, 06:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "kiebers"According to his deleted posts the only illegal weapon he owns is the knife. He was approved for the pistol.

Also, he has stated on the knife, that he wouldnt keep it assembled I believe, but if it was me, I prolly wouldnt of turned it back into a comb  :laugh:

I think he did say those things so that it looked like he was being legal on a forum.

Laws don't change a lot between countries, oddly. Especially British Commonwealth nations. Certain objects are banned. It doesn't matter that they are "dismantled". For example, if a revolver was declared a banned object, pulling it apart and storing it in different drawers does not protect you from prosecution.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Laws don't change a lot between countries, oddly. Especially British Commonwealth nations. Certain objects are banned. It doesn't matter that they are "dismantled". For example, if a revolver was declared a banned object, pulling it apart and storing it in different drawers does not protect you from prosecution.

I see what you're saying.

I miss my flick-comb when I was kid, as well as the hair to comb  :laugh:

Lol, I usually shave it, thin on top, but thicker on the rest of my head.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"According to his deleted posts the only illegal weapon he owns is the knife. He was approved for the pistol.

And in other threads he has said he has a restricted PAL.

Anonymous

What is that drama queen Mel crying about now? He needs a good shit kicking. I would be glad to give him one.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"

And we can believe ANYTHING he says???

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

And we can believe ANYTHING he says???

He might, you never know. I only have non restricted because they won't issue one to me because of my rap sheet.

Bricktop

OK. He MIGHT. I accept that. I am just curious as to how he would procure one.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"OK. He MIGHT. I accept that. I am just curious as to how he would procure one.

Same as anyone else. Pass the course, fill out the forms, and pay the fee. It goes to New Brunswick I believe where it's processed and background checks done.

Bricktop

But handguns require special circumstances.

Driving a truck is not one of them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"But handguns require special circumstances.

Driving a truck is not one of them.

You mean for storage and transporting them to a range?

Bricktop

My reading is that handgun ownership is heavily regulated in Canada. You need a special licence to own one.

You then need another licence to carry them.

One of you Canucks can correct me if I'm wrong...but you simply don't go out to the shop and buy a revolver without a permit, and these permits are based on strict circumstances such as security officers, sports shooting and farmers or people working in dangerous environments caused by bears.

Driving a truck does not seem to comply with the requirements needed to qualify for a handgun permit.

Mel's possession of both a revolver and a flick knife, by my reading, are unlawful.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"My reading is that handgun ownership is heavily regulated in Canada. You need a special licence to own one.

You then need another licence to carry them.

One of you Canucks can correct me if I'm wrong...but you simply don't go out to the shop and buy a revolver without a permit, and these permits are based on strict circumstances such as security officers, sports shooting and farmers or people working in dangerous environments caused by bears.

Driving a truck does not seem to comply with the requirements needed to qualify for a handgun permit.

Mel's possession of both a revolver and a flick knife, by my reading, are unlawful.

I don't know what he posted, but the handguns are probably legal.

The hardest after taking the CFS course is getting your restricted PAL. I never bothered because I know with my criminal record, I would be rejected. Once you are approved for your restricted PAL it's simple.  The seller will have to call the Chief Firearms Officer and initiate the transfer.

Once the transfer is completed, You will have to wait until the CFO sends the registration to yourself and the seller, at that time they (the CFO) will also issue a Short Term Authorization to Transport (STATT), this will allow you to transport the firearm from the store to your house. You can now take your gun home.

After you have the STATT, you can get a Long Term Authorization to Transport (LTATT) - A long term ATT covers you for multiple trips to a range or gun club.

It sounds like a lot, but once you have a restricted PAL, the rest is a formality.

cc

True. He could be legal for transport to  ranges.

Note: I said "could be" .. not "is" nor "should be"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"The hardest after taking the CFS course is getting your restricted PAL. I never bothered because I know with my criminal record, I would be rejected. Once you are approved for your restricted PAL it's simple.  The seller will have to call the Chief Firearms Officer and initiate the transfer.

Once the transfer is completed, You will have to wait until the CFO sends the registration to yourself and the seller, at that time they (the CFO) will also issue a Short Term Authorization to Transport (STATT), this will allow you to transport the firearm from the store to your house. You can now take your gun home.

After you have the STATT, you can get a Long Term Authorization to Transport (LTATT) - A long term ATT covers you for multiple trips to a range or gun club.

It sounds like a lot, but once you have a restricted PAL, the rest is a formality.

As of Sept. 2, 2015, most ATT's are 'automatic.'  They simplified this process, thankfully.

The way it works now, is that a restricted endorsement automatically gives you the 'authority to transport' to your home, to every shooting club in the country, to ports of entry, to gunsmiths, and to buyers/sellers.

I know how it used to be...  Every move had to be 'approved.'  

Since all moves were always approved anyhow, as long as one has the restricted endorsement, the ATT is now automatic.

Once the CFO approves the transfer, the seller gives it to you, and there's nothing more that you have to do.

Angry White Male

"Country" should read "Province."  I cannot edit.