Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Cold, hard truth from Putin.

Started by Bricktop, March 12, 2018, 09:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

">

This is why "democracy" will go no further.

Other nations see it for what it is. A massive scam on the people of so called "democratic" nations who think the right to vote means we control our governments.

Anonymous

Google, youtube, Twitter,  FB, and so on control  minds. Like the Chinese government, those billionaire progs use their creations to guide correct opinion.

Anonymous

Democracy was not designed for the information age. It needs reform, but I do not have any great ideas about how to change it.

Anonymous

As I have said before, my family was very political in Taiwan..

But, once Taiwan democratized, my late father lost interest in Taiwanese politics over time..

He felt the same way about politics here too.

Frood

Video doesn't play without a facebook log in. :(n

Edit. Nm found it on youtube.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "seoulbro"Democracy was not designed for the information age.

:thumbup: Well said !!!!!!!

Frood

Civil liberties aren't compatible in a Democracy because nothing is sacred or off the table when a majority or perceived majority are allowed to vote each others lives and choices down.

The information age is merely accelerating the breakdown of limited democracy and fueling authoritarian policies.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Can't disagree.

The more we know, the more they try to control.

Aryan

(((Western democracy)))  what a hilarious myth.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/224/721/011.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Can't disagree.

The more we know, the more they try to control.

Can you suggest any changes?

Aryan

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Me, I'd do a better job!

How would you reform democracy?

Taiwan has the same malaise as the West.

Aryan

Where in England?  I'd enforce policies which put native Brits before immigrants.  

The council for example often puts rehousing foreigners before people who have been born and bred here, which is wrong.

Immigrants would not be able to claim benefits of any sort, only when they have paid into the system for 5 years.  

Minimum wage would be increased to around £9 or £10 an hour so that people on benefits have more of an incentive to work.

The borders would be closed to immigrants for at least 2 years while the current mess is sorted out, as we have literally hundreds of thousands of illegals here which need rounding up and deporting.

All immigrants who commit crime here would be deported to their native countries immediately, not imprisoned at the expense of the taxpayer.

Oh and we would stick 2 fingers up at the EU and leave without giving them a penny.....

I think I'm gonna be adding to and editing this post quite a lot.   ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Where in England?  I'd enforce policies which put native Brits before immigrants.  

The council for example often puts rehousing foreigners before people who have been born and bred here, which is wrong.

Immigrants would not be able to claim benefits of any sort, only when they have paid into the system for 5 years.  

Minimum wage would be increased to around £9 or £10 an hour so that people on benefits have more of an incentive to work.

The borders would be closed to immigrants for at least 2 years while the current mess is sorted out, as we have literally hundreds of thousands of illegals here which need rounding up and deporting.

All immigrants who commit crime here would be deported to their native countries immediately, not imprisoned at the expense of the taxpayer.

Oh and we would stick 2 fingers up at the EU and leave without giving them a penny.....

I think I'm gonna be adding to and editing this post quite a lot.   ac_biggrin

But, that's policy reform, not democratic reform.

Bricktop

I've said this a few times.

Firstly, we adopt the Swiss system of plebiscites for decisions that have a significant impact on society, such as tax, defence, and social policy.

Second, political aspirants MUST provide a detailed budget plan before the election. If elected they must not deviate from that plan without apporval by the plebiscite.

Thirdly, it is forbidden to influence or attempt to influence an elected member in how they intend to vote on parliamentary decisions and bills. This includes political parties forcing its members into voting along party lines or risk being removed from the party.

Other measures will include recall elections if an elected member fails to perform his duty correctly, or has acted in a way which discredits the Parliament or nation. Ministers must be approved by the plebisicte, and nominated during the election process, as well as the budget.

Lately, I'm becomng more and more enamored with abandoning the adversarial form of "democracy" we are burdened with. Parliament should be scrapped altogether. Once a government is elected, they simply get on with the job, rather than engage in the childish and embarrassing ritual of parliamentary debate.