The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Cold, hard truth from Putin.

Started by Bricktop, March 12, 2018, 09:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

I've said this a few times.

Firstly, we adopt the Swiss system of plebiscites for decisions that have a significant impact on society, such as tax, defence, and social policy.

Second, political aspirants MUST provide a detailed budget plan before the election. If elected they must not deviate from that plan without apporval by the plebiscite.

Thirdly, it is forbidden to influence or attempt to influence an elected member in how they intend to vote on parliamentary decisions and bills. This includes political parties forcing its members into voting along party lines or risk being removed from the party.

Other measures will include recall elections if an elected member fails to perform his duty correctly, or has acted in a way which discredits the Parliament or nation. Ministers must be approved by the plebisicte, and nominated during the election process, as well as the budget.

Lately, I'm becomng more and more enamored with abandoning the adversarial form of "democracy" we are burdened with. Parliament should be scrapped altogether. Once a government is elected, they simply get on with the job, rather than engage in the childish and embarrassing ritual of parliamentary debate.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I've said this a few times.

Firstly, we adopt the Swiss system of plebiscites for decisions that have a significant impact on society, such as tax, defence, and social policy.

Second, political aspirants MUST provide a detailed budget plan before the election. If elected they must not deviate from that plan without apporval by the plebiscite.

Thirdly, it is forbidden to influence or attempt to influence an elected member in how they intend to vote on parliamentary decisions and bills. This includes political parties forcing its members into voting along party lines or risk being removed from the party.

Other measures will include recall elections if an elected member fails to perform his duty correctly, or has acted in a way which discredits the Parliament or nation. Ministers must be approved by the plebisicte, and nominated during the election process, as well as the budget.

Lately, I'm becomng more and more enamored with abandoning the adversarial form of "democracy" we are burdened with. Parliament should be scrapped altogether. Once a government is elected, they simply get on with the job, rather than engage in the childish and embarrassing ritual of parliamentary debate.

Some interesting democratic reform proposals Bricktop..

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Some I have heard before and some for the first time.

Bricktop

Something has to change.

This current system is failing us.

We can and must do better.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I've said this a few times.

I like most of them. Justine would be gone if these were the law of the land.

Wazzzup

I would definitely like to see more direct democracy, instead of representative democracy.

Although I don't always trust the public, I trust them more than I do politicians (at least most of the time.)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I would definitely like to see more direct democracy, instead of representative democracy.

Although I don't always trust the public, I trust them more than I do politicians (at least most of the time.)

Big money progtards would use their wealth to buy the result they want. In my province, the government made modest cuts to get to a balanced budget. Everywhere you look you see billboards calling the tiny cuts draconian. Same with the media and social media. Big money progtards control the public.