Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Bricktop.

Started by Bricktop, March 15, 2018, 12:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

I got nearly two more pages out of being infirm for a few days!!!

No, not my time...but I do confess to some nervousness in the first few days.

The figurines will be donated to the Little Sisters Of The Shire, aka Habits, Hobbits and Titbits. They care for retired hobbits and balrogs.

Blazor

Way to go on the pages, I was starting to wonder if you were scamming for sympathy posts! lol

I dont blame ya, I woulda been nervous too.

Right on on the figurines lol. Tis a nice set.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Tis indeed. I wish I had the stand, though....:(

Blazor

Oh man, that would of made it super awesome, I remember you posting a pic of it.

Speaking of which, Tolkien Reading Day is this coming Monday, think its time for my 4th round, been craving it lol.

@realAzhyaAryola

Wow, first lighting hits your house then you have a health setback. Take it easy, man.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Blazor"Oh man, that would of made it super awesome, I remember you posting a pic of it.

Speaking of which, Tolkien Reading Day is this coming Monday, think its time for my 4th round, been craving it lol.

Tolkien said: Not all those who wander are lost.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

Thanks, Azhya...it's been a hell of a month all round. A burst water pipe in our front garden added to the mayhem, but it caused no damage and was just a nuisance.

If I am honest, it's worn me out a bit. Feeling jaded and fatigued...although some of that is because of the meds.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blazor"Oh man, that would of made it super awesome, I remember you posting a pic of it.

I often think of the massive influence Tolkien has had on the world of popular fiction in all its forms.

Without Tolkien, there would be no Star Wars, no Game of Thrones, no Asimov and so many others.

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

Tolkien said: Not all those who wander are lost.

"All that is gold does not glitter"

One of my favorite quotes!  :thumbup:

I have a compass with that on it. And its also one of the quotes I thought of putting on my Jeep, but I've seen others with that quote on their spare tire cover, so I might do a different quote.

I have so many favorites quotes from those books/movies.

Like...

"The world is not in your books and maps, its out there!"

"It's the job thats never started as takes longest to finish"

"You can only come to the morning through the shadows"

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future"

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us"

"Its a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and you dont keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to"

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"

"Sneaking? Sneaking? Fat hobbit is always so polite. SmÈagol shows them secret ways that nobody else could find, and they say sneak. Sneak? Very nice friend. Oh, yes, my precious. Very nice, very nice."

:laugh:

And SOOOO many more. I even made a Middle Earth calendar with quotes last year, and I just finished this years, was so late, but was so busy.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"

I often think of the massive influence Tolkien has had on the world of popular fiction in all its forms.

Without Tolkien, there would be no Star Wars, no Game of Thrones, no Asimov and so many others.

Im a Tolkien nerd lol. Its influenced me in a lot of ways. Hell I was making up some business cards last night before the place closed down. What do you think of Gandalf Graphics.... a project is never late. Or Middle Earth Design lol?

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blazor"

"Sneaking? Sneaking? Fat hobbit is always so polite. SmÈagol shows them secret ways that nobody else could find, and they say sneak. Sneak? Very nice friend. Oh, yes, my precious. Very nice, very nice."

Frodo - "So where have you been, Smeagol?"

Gollum - "SNEAKIN'"!!!!

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Blazor"

Frodo - "So where have you been, Smeagol?"

Gollum - "SNEAKIN'"!!!!

Hahaha, yup! I can do Gollum's/Smeagol's voice REAL good. When me and the lady go hiking I say "up up up the stairs we go, and then.... a tunnel" lol.

Bricktop

Does it drive her nuts!!!

I often do the "Sneakin'" response when the chief asks me where I've been!!

And "It's ours, it is, and we wants it" when I ask for something. That gets the rolleyes!!

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"Does it drive her nuts!!!

I often do the "Sneakin'" response when the chief asks me where I've been!!

And "It's ours, it is, and we wants it" when I ask for something. That gets the rolleyes!!

:roll:

I love it!!!

Nah it makes her laugh lol, sometimes she asks me to do it when we're going up a stair like path lol.

I'll have to start doing that when I go to the bathroom, I get that "where ya going", Im going right down the hall to the bathroom! I'll have to go "sneaking" lol.

Bricktop

It's fun being a nerd, sometimes!!!