News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Homero is such a fucking doofus trollllllll....

Started by Obvious Li, July 24, 2013, 07:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

an exchange between Homy and Spartucus about the flood relief in alberta and flood insurance.....Homy just couldn't stay out of it....he had to butt in with his 2 cents worth which as always is complete bullshit....he doesn't have a fucking clue what is going on out there.........i quote from the thread...

"Top

Re: Lower Mainland, take note of AB disaster !!

Unread postby Romero » Today, 09:32

Spartacus wrote:Government assistance is almost useless in disasters!! They run out of money as well!!

Romero wrote:You don't know what you're talking about, and it's your province. All levels of government have provided excellent assistance.

The Alberta government has approved $1 billion for the first phase of emergency recovery and reconstruction funding for southern Alberta residents.

http://globalnews.ca/news/667282/alberta-government-approves-1-evacuation-order-lifted-for-many-calgarians/">http://globalnews.ca/news/667282/albert ... algarians/">http://globalnews.ca/news/667282/alberta-government-approves-1-evacuation-order-lifted-for-many-calgarians/

Romero

Re: Lower Mainland, take note of AB disaster !!

Unread postby Spartacus » Today, 09:42

No, you don't know what your talking about, a $ Billion is a drop in the bucket and furthermore this money is not going into the pockets of the home owners who need it, it is going towards providing shelter and clean up stuff!! The homeowners have not received a dime yet to fix their homes.

Obvious Li

ho just has to argue for the sake of seeing his name in print........too bad there are usually only two sides to an issue..or he would take more..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

I have no problem with Romero personally, but he is wrong. We have two people on this forum who have been affected by the Alberta floods. Ask them how much taxpayer money they have received so far.

Romero

Quote from: "Obvious Li"ho just has to argue for the sake of seeing his name in print........too bad there are usually only two sides to an issue..or he would take more..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a discussion forum. You want to tell me that you never argue?

Spartacus was wrong. Qualified residents were eligible for $1,250 per adult and $500 per child within days, $1 billion in initial funding for recovery and reconstruction was approved, and about a week later qualified homeowners, renters and small businesses were eligible for up to $10,000. Tens of thousands have taken advantage so far.

QuoteCalgary flood victims eligible for up to $10K

July 2, 2013

Calgarians whose property was damaged or destroyed during the flood last month can now apply for up to $10,000 in initial disaster recovery funding.

Applications for the provincial assistance are being accepted at the Red and White Club at McMahon Stadium and at the Roderick Mah Centre for Continuous Learning at Mount Royal University.

Homeowners, renters and small business owners are eligible to apply.

Applicants are asked to bring government-issued photo ID, a 2013 property tax assessment, a list of damaged property and the approximate square footage of their home or business.

About 35,000 Albertans have already picked up preloaded debit cards for immediate needs.

People who were forced out of their homes for seven or more days are eligible for that provincial assistance —$1,250 for adults and $500 for children.

Alberta Premier Alison Redford announced last Monday that a preliminary $1 billion in spending has been approved to support immediate flood recovery and reconstruction efforts.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2013/07/02/calgary-assistance-disaster-w.html">//http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2013/07/02/calgary-assistance-disaster-w.html

That's not nothing.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"ho just has to argue for the sake of seeing his name in print........too bad there are usually only two sides to an issue..or he would take more..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spartacus was wrong. Qualified residents were eligible for $1,250 per adult and $500 per child within days, $1 billion in initial funding for recovery and reconstruction was approved, and about a week later qualified homeowners, renters and small businesses were eligible for up to $10,000. Tens of thousands have taken advantage so far.

July 2, 2013

Calgarians whose property was damaged or destroyed during the flood last month can now apply for up to $10,000 in initial disaster recovery funding.

Applications for the provincial assistance are being accepted at the Red and White Club at McMahon Stadium and at the Roderick Mah Centre for Continuous Learning at Mount Royal University.

Applicants are asked to bring government-issued photo ID, a 2013 property tax assessment, a list of damaged property and the approximate square footage of their home or business.

About 35,000 Albertans have already picked up preloaded debit cards for immediate needs.

People who were forced out of their homes for seven or more days are eligible for that provincial assistance —$1,250 for adults and $500 for children.

Alberta Premier Alison Redford announced last Monday that a preliminary $1 billion in spending has been approved to support immediate flood recovery and reconstruction efforts.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2013/07/02/calgary-assistance-disaster-w.html">//http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2013/07/02/calgary-assistance-disaster-w.html

That's not nothing.[/quote]

tell that to someone who HAD a 1mm $ house paid for and now has nada.....it is a nice gesture but that is all it is...a political gesture from that cunt Redford.....wait until the rebuilding starts and the funding stops...then the whining will get louder by the week......personally i don't believe that government should pay for people to live in unsafe areas with a nice view....to me it a case of "sorry about your luck" now lets move on.....when you re-build build on high ground.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"

July 2, 2013

That's not nothing.

i never argue.....i merely point out the correct answer or point of view.....i am always right.......it is a gift.

Romero

I was correct that Albertans have been receiving government assistance.  :)

Anonymous

Our home received roughly $40,000 dollars in damage and we consider ourselves lucky..

We are ineligible for pre-loaded debit cards because we stayed at my mother-in-law's house..

We have been advised we might be eligible for some rebuilding assistance, but it is just a drop in the bucket..

Pinay has suffered damages of over 7 figures on her acreage..

Even if she is eligible for the maximum rebuilding amount which she isn't what good will it do?

My younger brother lives in Manitoba and he told me there are people that still haven't recovered from flooding there several years ago..

I think Obvious Li is right, this is only a political gesture.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"I was correct that Albertans have been receiving government assistance.  :)

almost everyone in the country is receiving some kind of government assistance.....not quite enough to rebuild in the bow flats in downtown calgary however.....one good thing to note...there will be some winners out of all of this upheaval.....my son manages a Home Depot in Calgary and they canèt keep up....he has already won several trips for increased store sales and will get a massive bonus this year as his store sales will be up more than 50%.........oh to own a hydrovac truck in alberta (wow)

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"Our home received roughly $40,000 dollars in damage and we consider ourselves lucky..

We are ineligible for pre-loaded debit cards because we stayed at my mother-in-law's house..

We have been advised we might be eligible for some rebuilding assistance, but it is just a drop in the bucket..

Even if she is eligible for the maximum rebuilding amount which she isn't what good will it do?

My younger brother lives in Manitoba and he told me there are people that still haven't recovered from flooding there several years ago..

it is all just politics Fash.....anyone can do the math......the average house price in calgary is in excess of 500K.....for those houses completely destroyed or a major rehab.....who is going to pay for this.....if the govt. picks up the tab it would total 10's of Billions of dollars....totally out of the question....so of course the home owners will be the ones to pay......and how will they get that kind of money from a bank when their main asset is now a mud filled hole in the ground.....this will be a long long dreary nightmare for albertans caught up in this tragedy

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Our home received roughly $40,000 dollars in damage and we consider ourselves lucky..

it is all just politics Fash.....anyone can do the math......the average house price in calgary is in excess of 500K.....for those houses completely destroyed or a major rehab.....who is going to pay for this.....if the govt. picks up the tab it would total 10's of Billions of dollars....totally out of the question....so of course the home owners will be the ones to pay......and how will they get that kind of money from a bank when their main asset is now a mud filled hole in the ground.....this will be a long long dreary nightmare for albertans caught up in this tragedy

I agree with you Mr. Obvious Li..

We know people that are wiped out...Pinay is one of them..

The government cannot afford to compensate people properly, so they offer token amounts of assistance..

We took a financial hit, but I still consider my family fortunate.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

The Alberta government would go bust if they offered the people meaningful amounts of money where they can actually rebuild their homes. It's out of the question so they make grandiose announcements that are peanuts for Fash or Pinay.

It's too bad, but homeowners will be the ones who pay for almost all of the damage.

Renee

Thank you. I have maintained that premise regarding Romero for years.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

There are instances when I play devil's advocate, but all the time?? :?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Renee"

lol Renee...homy is harmless but annoying......the one saving grace is that at least he participates.....always in the face of overwhelming odds that he will be wrong about whatever subject he is addressing.....he is a persistent little ass boil.