Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Christian Corner

Started by Anonymous, July 27, 2013, 11:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saltydog

Numbers 14:18

'The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but he will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth generation.'

Odinson

Quote from: "Big Wave Dave"
Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
She is actually a very kind person.

She seems to be so.

No self-respecting Asian babe would ever go out with some Aunt Jemima humper like you.

Aunt Jemimas are my lovers and uncle toms are my comrades. Both talking and acting white. I like that.

Asian babes... Hmm hehhehee.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Big Wave Dave"
Quote from: "Odinson"

She seems to be so.

No self-respecting Asian babe would ever go out with some Aunt Jemima humper like you.

I know Fash and she wouldn't give either one of you two mouthy losers the time o day.

Big Wave Dave is nothing like me so I wouldn´t be too sure about that.

I can be pretty charming.  ;)

And don´t talk about whos mouthy loser here... You know what you are.

Anonymous

Today's sermon was titled Doing By Faith with James 2:14-26 as a reference..

It was to show us what this grace-through-faith looks like in practice..

It is a challenge to those who would stop there and not live what God by grace through Christ has done for us.

Anonymous

Today as I was praying for my husband I am reminded that despite being separated temporarily from each other and him being in an isolated place nothing can separate us from the love of God.

Romans 8:38-39 (NLT)

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"Today as I was praying for my husband I am reminded that despite being separated temporarily from each other and him being in an isolated place nothing can separate us from the love of God.

Romans 8:38-39 (NLT)

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I do believe there´s some kind of reason to all of this but it cannot explained by the existance of a one man-like deity.

We humans seem to be genetically coded to believe in supernatural.

Odinson

I think we humans are too young to understand anything...

I bet Julius Caesar never thought we will one day have Ipods, PCs, playstations and the ability to travel into space. Imagine what the world will be 2000years from now... No1 can imagine that.

One step at a time and lets just explore this galaxy first.

Anonymous

Today's sermon was part one of a two part sermon titled "home improvement"..  

Hebrews 13:4 was used as a reference..

Very helpful advice from a Godly perspective for a better marriage.

Anonymous

Today's sermon was the second part of the home improvement series..

Again very good advice for couples from a biblocal perspective..

Hard going to church without my husband though...I hope he can come home very soon.

Odinson

Improvement:

-get a maid whom has an infant so she can feed other kids too.

-new audio tech for the living room.

-a decent gym.

stuff like that.

Anonymous

Today's devotional for October 3, 2013.

A number of years ago, when I was a new human resource manager for a company, I attended the visitation and funeral of a long-time employee I had never met. The worker, a bricklayer, was loved by his co-workers, yet very few came to see his widow. I listened to someone trying to console her by saying that many people stay away because they are afraid of saying or doing the wrong thing and making the family more miserable.

In times of distress, however, people rarely remember what we say. What they most remember is that we were there. Familiar faces offer strength beyond description; they provide comfort for the deep feelings of loneliness setting in from the loss. This "gift of presence" is one we're all capable of offering, even if we're tongue-tied or uncomfortable.

Martha and Mary were surrounded by friends and mourners who comforted them when their brother Lazarus died (John 11:19). Then the One they most longed to see—Jesus—came and wept with them (vv.33-35). The people responded, "See how He loved him!" (v.36).

In loss of any kind, Jesus always gives His comforting presence, and we have the ability to give deeply of His compassion simply by the gift of our presence.

O may I never fail to see

The comfort you may need from me;

And may you know that I am there

To bind our souls as grief we share. —Kilgore

Often the best comfort is just being there.

Anonymous

Barrier-Free Love

Not long ago I heard the distressed chirping of a bird coming from the side of my neighbor's house. I discovered that a nest of baby birds was inside a vent covered by a screen, placing a barrier between the mother bird who was trying to feed her hungry chicks. After I told the neighbors, they removed the screen and took the nest and chicks to a safe place to be cared for.

Few things are as heartbreaking as a barrier to love. Christ, the long-awaited Messiah of Israel, experienced a barrier to His love when His chosen people rejected Him. He used the word picture of a hen and her baby chicks to describe their unwillingness to receive it: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem . . . ! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!" (Matt. 23:37).

Our sin is a barrier that separates us from God (Isa. 59:2). But "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). Jesus took care of the barrier to God's love by His sacrificial death on the cross and His resurrection (Rom. 5:8-17; 8:11). Now He longs for us to experience His love and accept this gift.

My heart is stirred whene'er I think of Jesus,

That blessed Name that sets the captive free;

The only Name through which I find salvation,

No name on earth has meant so much to me. —Eliason

Through His cross, Jesus rescues and redeems.

Odinson

My name means "Jahve is merciful"... Weird.

I believe people show their true colour and beliefs when they are facing the reaper.

Anonymous

Today's sermon was "Alive Through Our Lord Jesus' Ultimate Sacrifice" with  Romans 6:1-11 as a reference..

What that means to us that are alive because of Christ's atoning blood..

If any person is in Christ, he is a new creature..

Christ paid for our sins.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"Today's sermon was "Alive Through Our Lord Jesus' Ultimate Sacrifice" with  Romans 6:1-11 as a reference..

What that means to us that are alive because of Christ's atoning blood..

If any person is in Christ, he is a new creature..

Christ paid for our sins.

You are getting a little scary there, fashie.

You are sounding like those yankee "priests" whom preach and bang the neighbours 9year old daughter in the process.