The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

The Kids Are Alright

Started by Bricktop, March 24, 2018, 08:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

Clearly it is directed at you, since I'm not on any drugs whatsoever!

Bricktop

Alcohol is classified as a drug.

But aren't you the one that admitted you are not normal and should see a psychiatrist?

What am I saying...Its Mel. Mouth one thing, do another.

Angry White Male

I was a little down during my divorce, and when both my parents died it was quite a stressful time also, but major life events like that would probably test most people.  If you can handle things like that, you can handle almost anything.

Bricktop

Gee...how DID you survive.

You don't KNOW what a major life event is, chuck.

Angry White Male

Divorce and death are probably pretty high up there for the average person, Chuck.

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Clearly it is directed at you, since I'm not on any drugs whatsoever!

Can't be me either. I have drinks occasionally but that's it.

Although when marijuana eventually becomes legal here, I might try some again.  :thumbup:
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

We're supposed to have it legalized here this year, at a Federal level (unlike the States).

Watch us, and you will get an idea of what to expect!

Frood

Half of Australia already smokes dope or did. Nobody really cares about whether it's legalized or decrim'd, it's the private sector in employment people pay attention to. If it's legalized though, orgs will have to make their testing regimes more fair instead of urine tests or hair tests which look for any use.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

In Canada, we don't have mandatory drug testing (unlike the US, which does for certain sectors), but nonetheless Employers are still free to set their own standards, and can test at will if they want to.

I doubt this will change.

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"In Canada, we don't have mandatory drug testing (unlike the US, which does for certain sectors), but nonetheless Employers are still free to set their own standards, and can test at will if they want to.

True but orgs will haemorrhage employees if a sizeable portion of the population aren't willing to be extreme tested when it's legal. HR's will be compelled to treat it more fairly like a BAC for alcohol. So if someone comes home at 5pm the evening before and smokes half a joint, they'd be fine by work start the following day.

Some sectors don't care now or even condone it. Think video game coders et cetera.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

I can't see this changing here.  Not very many employers do currently test.  Seems mandatory testing here is generally limited to (some) Northern oilfield workers, and that won't change.

They do have a 'duty to accommodate' though, meaning a positive test won't mean automatic dismissal.

I went through this once years ago, when I trucked into the US...  Since I entered the US, I now had to enter a random piss test pool.  I don't smoke at all now, and barely did back then, but went to a party at one of my buds.  Big party, big drinking, and joint was passed around.  Sure enough, called in for piss test like four days later.  Failed.

Had to spend $300 to speak to an 'addictions counselor.'  Cleared my name instantly, and I was fit for duty again.  It really doesn't make sense, since I was not impaired at time of test, but nonetheless I do not see this system changing...

Employers can easily find replacements for most workers anyhow.

Berry Sweet

Pot is going to be legal July 1, 2018.

Angry White Male

Will you be hitting up the bong hard when the time comes?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Will you be hitting up the bong hard when the time comes?

I only smoke in the evening to go to sleep.  I don't get high or smoke during the day at all.  Pot makes me sleepy.

Angry White Male

So, the changes won't affect you anyhow, other than the potential source of the goods...