News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Mein Struggle... Mein Kampf. Trip to the gun store.

Started by Angry White Male, March 29, 2018, 01:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

So, I wanted an all-steel 9mm semi-auto pistol.  Narrowed it down to the CZ 75.  More on that in a bit...

And what do they have?  A nice Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec .45 Parkerized.  This is your standard 1911, and one that I would love to add to my collection, but just not today.  Must stick with original plan...  1911's will be made forever, so that purchase can be handled at another time.  Having previously owned a .45 semi-auto, I can tell you that the ammo costs can quickly add up.  And I mean fast!  Hence the beauty of the 9mm...  Ammo is fair bit cheaper.

What I actually wanted was a CZ 85 Combat, which is a CZ 75 with ambi-controls, no firing pin safety block (claim better trigger feel), a fully adjustable rear sight, and a trigger mounted screw for overtravel adjustment.  Not sure why they call it 'Combat,' as these differences over the CZ 75 are purely for target shooting purposes.

Nonetheless, the CZ 75's are under-rated, but highly respected pistols for the money.  Simply one of the best 9mm all steel pistols currently manufactured!  The '85 Combat' version, rare enough when it was produced, had ended production some time back, and I got the very last new one this store stocked.  For this reason I did not want to wait too much longer.

CZ 75's (and 85's) are made in the Czech Republic.  That's right!  Since I have a fair bit of Eastern Euro in me, I'm not too afraid to get my Iron Curtain on...  Voot Voot!  Nyet Nyet!  Plus, the German 9mm Parabellum is no joke round either!  No clown round!  East meets West!  Now I can have my Kraut and eat my Goulash too!  Sig-Sauers are nice, but quality went down when they moved production to the US.  Funny the price didn't go down though...  Besides, I got my Yank on with the S&W rooty tooty point and shooty, which is as American as it gets!  FEEL and HEAR the FREEDOM as some other innocent kid gets gunned down!  Bad joke, but I had to get it in there!

Will publish my take on the CZ 85 Combat (CZ 75) shortly, once I manage to get it out to the range.

You're still on my mind though, 1911.  Maybe one day...

TL/DR?  Bought a gun.

Bricktop

Just more "guns make me hard" bullshit.

On another matter, will you be leaving the forum any time soon?

Angry White Male

Why are you an old spamming goof?  Time to wash down some more SSRI's!

Bricktop

Angry White Male

Bricktop

Angry White Male

Bricktop

So it seems.

You make grandiose claims and threats, but always fall a loooong way short of your cavernous mouth.

Angry White Male

Unlike your repetitive, boring, controlling, power freaking ways?

You are hardly the poster boy of a nice, decent contributing poster, so don't even think you are the epitome of one.  You're more towards the bottom rungs, no matter what Fash tells you...

Bricktop

I'm pretty sure the plebiscite would disagree.

Shall we put it to a vote.

The loser leaves, permanently banned.

Say the word and I'll create the thread.

Berry Sweet

You know...I am fascinated by the history of ww2.  I've done some research and read a lot.  Hitler fascinated me in ways....but in my 20's I read less than 1/4 of Mein Kampf was bored.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"You know...I am fascinated by the history of ww2.  I've done some research and read a lot.  Hitler fascinated me in ways....but in my 20's I read less than 1/4 of Mein Kampf was bored.

95% of people really don't know much at all about the Third Reich.  The true facts.  They only know what they've read or seen for a few minutes here or there.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"You know...I am fascinated by the history of ww2.  I've done some research and read a lot.  Hitler fascinated me in ways....but in my 20's I read less than 1/4 of Mein Kampf was bored.

95% of people really don't know much at all about the Third Reich.  The true facts.  They only know what they've read or seen for a few minutes here or there.

But let me guess correctly...you are the almighty Lord or everything and the only one who knows Any thing???

..yeah baby you're my hero  ac_unsure

Berry Sweet