Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

i was involved in a car accident today

Started by jaysings, July 29, 2013, 02:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

So they are just gonna have it fixed or the insurance company buys it.

Usually it is very expensive to fix it. The chassis gets twisted, paint-job, work-hours, new parts etc.

In here the insurance-companies will most likely buy the car because it is cheaper that way. The guy whom was wrong loses his bonuses which causes his payments to rise.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"So they are just gonna have it fixed or the insurance company buys it.

Usually it is very expensive to fix it. The chassis gets twisted, paint-job, work-hours, new parts etc.

In here the insurance-companies will most likely buy the car because it is cheaper that way. The guy whom was wrong loses his bonuses which causes his payments to rise.

I believe that is the most common outcome here too Odie.

jaysings

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "jaysings"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Yep, ditto that Zetsu. Losing your car is just an inconvenience.

everyone losing their own car will be inconvenient  :?

Yes, it's a pain but you are ok. The cars can repaired or replaced.

i found the driver of the another party didn't have her international driving permit

she said her permit was held by her brother who came back to china before the accident happend

now the icbc staff advised her to fax her permit to the icbc department tomorrow

if she doesn't fax it to icbc or doesn't sent it to claim center, can i escape from this responsibility?

jaysings

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I so sorry about jaysings car accident..

I know he will be without a car and his premiums will rise significiantly, but Jaysings is not hurt and that is what I care about.

luckily the driver is a female international student and is innocent and gentle. she didn't pretend getting injuried in this accident,for her intention to deceive icbc for my premiums

now, all i have to do is just to fix up our cars

I don't know how ICBC works, but if you are liable your insurance will pay for the damages to her vehicle. In Alberta many insurers would drop you as a client, but I am sure that won't happen in BC though.

she agreed to let me fix her car by my saving. i think the processes in all provinces in canada are similar

Odinson

Yea.

It is illegal to drive without a permit on you. Cops might be lenient and check the computer but then they might just be too lazy to do it.

jaysings

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I so sorry about jaysings car accident..

I know he will be without a car and his premiums will rise significiantly, but Jaysings is not hurt and that is what I care about.

luckily the driver is a female international student and is innocent and gentle. she didn't pretend getting injuried in this accident,for her intention to deceive icbc for my premiums

now, all i have to do is just to fix up our cars

Jaysings, I asked my husband and he told me body damage to a car is very expensive to fix..

He also told me that the title of your car could change to "rebuilt" which makes selling your car someday a lot harder to do.

i don't expect to sell my car someday because my car is very old

when this car can't perform well, i will change a new car instead

jaysings

Quote from: "Odinson"So they are just gonna have it fixed or the insurance company buys it.

[attachment=1]IMG_1242.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]IMG_1243.JPG[/attachment]

this is her car. i estimated the price of repairing this car. it needs approximately 1300 dollars for the repair fee.

cc

You have provincial insurance, right? If so you will only pay the deductible.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

jaysings

Quote from: "cc li tarte"You have provincial insurance, right? If so you will only pay the deductible.

there are different types of provincial insurance. i only picked the third-person liabilty insurance, so my insurance won't cover up the cost to the damage on my car.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Yea.

It is illegal to drive without a permit on you. Cops might be lenient and check the computer but then they might just be too lazy to do it.

Whether the other party had their driving permit on them is irrelevant. Jaysings was at fault.

Odinson

Whether the other party had their driving permit on them is irrelevant. Jaysings was at fault.

But it will cause the party without a license to get a fine... And it would cause an argument whether she should have been up there in the first place...

jaysings

yes, i consulted to a lawyer, he had the reply smiliar with yours

i'm at fault anyway, but i hope i can pay less for this accident if there are any chances

jaysings

Quote from: "Odinson"

But it will cause the party without a license to get a fine... And it would cause an argument whether she should have been up there in the first place...

right, that's what i thought. if she didn't have driving permit, she wasn't allowed to drive on the road. if she wasn't on the road, this accident wouldn't happen.

Odinson

right, that's what i thought. if she didn't have driving permit, she wasn't allowed to drive on the road. if she wasn't on the road, this accident wouldn't happen.

You should have all the compensations... You own her nothing.

Driving without a license... Shaking my head!

Do not pay her anything! She is an illegal driver. A criminal!

jaysings

You should have all the compensations... You own her nothing.

Driving without a license... Shaking my head!

Do not pay her anything! She is an illegal driver. A criminal!

she explained her driving permit hadn't been with her by now. she didn't mean she had driven on the road without a valid driving permit. so i cannot be sure if she really doesn't have the licence.

if the truth comes out to be what i expected, i must convince her to take her own shit.

but i can't escape from my fault anyway