The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Question - Why Would Syria Use Chemical Weapons Knowing They would pay a GREAT price??- Update: Attack underway

Started by cc, April 08, 2018, 09:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

Quote from: "cc"http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04/08/survivors-syria-chemical-attack-forced-to-leave-or-die.html">Survivors of Syria chemical attack 'forced to leave or die'

GAZIANTEP, Turkey –  Survivors described it as something akin to a horror movie: babies foaming at the mouth, children choking and victims wailing as their eyes burned.

Those in the rebel-held Syrian enclave of Douma say they immediately knew their region had again been assaulted by chemical weapons -- and something stronger than just chlorine.

Ahmed Saleh, a 26-year-old volunteer with the Syrian Civil Defense -- also known as the White Helmets -- told Fox News that the suspect rockets landed in an area called Al Shohada Square around 7:30 p.m. Saturday.

"There was a strong smell, and we entered one of the shelters to help the civilians there, but I couldn't go all the way because I felt the symptoms of suffocation, difficulty breathing; my tears began to fall profusely," he recalled. "We, paramedics, saw everyone in the shelter lying on the ground. I do not know whether they were dead or alive, but none of them were movin

I don't get this and am skeptical that Syria would do it, knowing they would lose 1000 X more than they could gain using them

And this also happens just as Trump was talking about withdrawing from Syria.

McCain says talk of leaving "emboldened Assad" https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/08/politics/john-mccain-congress-donald-trump-syria/index.html">https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/08/politics ... index.html">https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/08/politics/john-mccain-congress-donald-trump-syria/index.html  

why attack in a way that would make the US stay and likely go after Assad?

Either Assad or someone in his military did this, and were incrdibly stupid, or its a false flag-- to try and get Trump to go after Assad like Obumbles did.

You are right to be skeptical.

cc

Angry Trump huddles with Pentagon brass over Syria chemical attack, vows 'major decisions' coming

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/09/trump-calls-syria-chemical-attack-atrocious-says-u-s-to-make-major-decisions-in-coming-hours.html">Trump calls Syria chemical attack 'atrocious,'

says U.S. to make 'major decisions' in coming hours

"We are studying that situation extremely closely. We are meeting with our military and everybody else and we'll be making some major decisions over the next 24 to 48 hours."
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Aryan

So sick of the Zionist war mongering against Russia and Israel's enemies in the Middle East.  They won't be content until they've started WW3...

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Angry Trump huddles with Pentagon brass over Syria chemical attack, vows 'major decisions' coming

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/09/trump-calls-syria-chemical-attack-atrocious-says-u-s-to-make-major-decisions-in-coming-hours.html">Trump calls Syria chemical attack 'atrocious,'

says U.S. to make 'major decisions' in coming hours

"We are studying that situation extremely closely. We are meeting with our military and everybody else and we'll be making some major decisions over the next 24 to 48 hours."

A possible strike against the Syrian government?

Bricktop

I don't think so.

I gather there is considerable doubt about who did this. As cc has opined, why the hell would Syria do such a dumb thing when all the cards are falling their way? It did nothing tactically, nor strategically, to affect the battle.

Also, the delivery was from a helicopter, dropping a barrel bomb. A crude device, when Syria had their chemical weapons loaded on missile delivery systems.

Something's not right here...

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"A possible strike against the Syrian government?

More specifically I'm suggesting what to me is a strong likelihood the "rebels" alone would do it just to make Assad look worse and to get the West to attack him ... if so, it works as most everyone does assume it was Assad

Further, it was on people alone same as before ... NOT a strategic attack that would help either side "directly" and strategically

Seems many think Syria is bad, rebels must be good. The Sunni rebels are Fundies. Had they won out everyday life would be far worse for Syrians. Assad ruled very secularly .. Sunni fundies would not.

There never was a good ending to this  in the cards from the very start ... after it is over either Shia rule sunnis harshly  or  sunnis rule shia harshly

Wazzzup

Hopefully trump will only strike back briefly if  at all.  Regime change is a bad idea,

See the pattern-

Take out Mubareck, power vacuum, filled by Muslim brotherhood (worse)

Take out Saddam, power vacuum, filled by ISIS and Al Qaeda (worse)

Take out Kaddaffi, power vacuum filled by Islamist power struggle (worse)

Take out Assad............

cc

QuoteTake out Mubareck, power vacuum, filled by Muslim brotherhood (worse)

Take out Saddam, power vacuum, filled by ISIS and Al Qaeda (worse)

Take out Kaddaffi, power vacuum filled by Islamist power struggle (worse)

Take out Assad............

Easy answer. Rabid Fundy Sunni control .. Al Q, Al Nusra etc. etc.

And control unlike secularist Saddam - rather black religious control

Another point to what I wrote above about the only beneficiaries of gas being used.  - Trump had just said days before that he wanted to pull out all advisers and intel people

Make it look like Assad used gas is a great way to keep the US engaged.

And remember, Syria is 90% Shia & has great help from Russia and Iran. I find it amazing that Sunnis could even make a fight of it ... much less keep it going for years. They are formidable .. and only because they are religion-driven, effectively led by Fundies  and ruthless.

cc

The US can hit a base or 2 hard, but cannot exert continuing and serious power to change the obvious end result

It only can get worse.

Example - NBC - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/russia-has-figured-out-how-jam-u-s-drones-syria-n863931">Russia has figured out how to jam U.S. drones in Syria, officials say

Four U.S. officials said Russia's signal scrambling has seriously affected military operations.

WASHINGTON — The Russian military has been jamming some U.S. military drones operating in the skies over Syria, seriously affecting American military operations, according to four U.S. officials.

The Russians began jamming some smaller U.S. drones several weeks ago, the officials said, after a series of suspected chemical weapons attacks on civilians in rebel-held eastern Ghouta. The Russian military was concerned the U.S. military would retaliate for the attacks and began jamming the GPS systems of drones operating in the area, the officials explained.

Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., reacted to the news of Russian scrambling Tuesday by saying "Russia wants to undermine our interests at every turn."

"It is insane to think that Russia is anything but an adversary," said Sasse.

cc

Bricktop

Tomahawks in and around Damascus.

They quite rightly called Russia's bluff. For all their threats and outbursts the truth is Russia simply doesn't have the firepower to go up against the US. They are outgunned and they know it.

cc

3 chemical weapon development, production and storage areas

nothing else was hit

Damn. Assad must have a lot of the stuff - apparently they avoided other similar plants because of the proximity of civilians

Erica Mena

Someone needs to come get this funny looking idiot out of office before he gets us all nuked.
<t></t>

cc

For shore and especially on top of

Libya (very big)

Afghanistan (really big)

Wait a minute cc .. that was ......!!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Kylie Jenner"Someone needs to come get this funny looking idiot out of office before he gets us all nuked.

Nothing we can do, other than the other American members and your good self. Your vote counts, not ours.

I suspect a couple of your countrymen here may have voted for Donnie, however.