Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

A

Pipeline spill in N Alta.

Started by Anonymous, April 17, 2018, 12:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I haven't seen many details yet, but it sounds messy to say the least.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/paramount-resources-zama-city-pipeline-leak-1.4621904">//http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/paramount-resources-zama-city-pipeline-leak-1.4621904

My condolences to all the good folks here who are involved in this so-called "business."  The corporatists down here continue apace with similar practices and similar results, and I am troubled.  

Just thought I'd drop by and offer some thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"I haven't seen many details yet, but it sounds messy to say the least.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/paramount-resources-zama-city-pipeline-leak-1.4621904">//http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/paramount-resources-zama-city-pipeline-leak-1.4621904

My condolences to all the good folks here who are involved in this so-called "business."  The corporatists down here continue apace with similar practices and similar results, and I am troubled.  

Condolences?? Wow, the TIDES billionaires own your ass.

1800 barrels is nothing. Cleaned up in a few days. Pipeline spills are rare, cleaned up better than new and act as an economic stimulus for area. Plus the old line is replaced. Win-win.

FAIL for the libtard shill. ac_lmfao

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Peaches"I haven't seen many details yet, but it sounds messy to say the least.

Condolences?? Wow, the TIDES billionaires own your ass.

1800 barrels is nothing. Cleaned up in a few days. Pipeline spills are rare, cleaned up better than new and act as an economic stimulus for area. Plus the old line is replaced. Win-win.

FAIL for the libtard shill. ac_lmfao

I don't know how it works up there, but down here the pipeline companies charge the government for cleaning up their own spills.  I don't think that translates to "economic stimulus for the area" though.

Anonymous

^Wrong again homo.

Enbridge spent $1 billion on clean of Kalamazoo, plus millions of dollars in fines, plus millions of wetlands that didn't exist before. The state of Michigan won the lottery. Same here too. Companies pay, governments play.

Bricktop

Jesus, its like a cat playing with a ball of dumb wool.

Have mercy Shen. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer at the best of times.

Angry White Male

What's a little oil...  It came from the ground, so what's a little leaking back in.  Just mop it up, transport the contaminated ground to hazardous disposal facility, and carry on as normal.

There used to be a time when people would dump their used motor oil down the drain.  We're still fine...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Jesus, its like a cat playing with a ball of dumb wool.

Have mercy Shen. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer at the best of times.

I think of some of the dangerous chemicals we have leaked and in areas of heavy population. Rich progressives don't hate freight rail the way they do North America producing oil. Therefore they don't use their billions to stymie railway workers the way they do pipeliners.

Anonymous

https://thebluecashew.net/the-blue-cashew-f2/the-real-corporate-money-funding-anti-oilsands-propaganda-t8827.html#p250415">//https://thebluecashew.net/the-blue-cashew-f2/the-real-corporate-money-funding-anti-oilsands-propaganda-t8827.html#p250415

Maybe I'll make a meme out of this, ankle biter.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I think of some of the dangerous chemicals we have leaked and in areas of heavy population. Rich progressives don't hate freight rail the way they do North America producing oil. Therefore they don't use their billions to stymie railway workers the way they do pipeliners.
Don't give them new ideas for mischief, what they do already is bad enough.

BTW what is it with the lefties that they hate oil so much?  What is with their oilophobia?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

BTW what is it with the lefties that they hate oil so much?  What is with their oilophobia?

Hmmm, there only seems to be hatred of Canadian, and to a lesser extent American produced oil..

Here's a brief list of products made from petroleum.

Solvents   Diesel fuel   Motor Oil   Bearing Grease Ink   Floor Wax   Ballpoint Pens   Football Cleats Upholstery   Sweaters     Boats Insecticides

Bicycle Tires   Sports Car Bodies   Nail Polish   Fishing lures Dresses   Tires    Golf Bags   Perfumes Cassettes   Dishwasher parts   Tool Boxes   Shoe Polish Motorcycle Helmets   Caulking   Petroleum Jelly    Transparent Tape CD Player (do people still have these?)   Faucet Washers   Antiseptics   Clothesline Curtains   Food Preservatives   Basketballs   Soap  

Vitamin Capsules   Antihistamines   Purses   Shoes Dashboards   Cortisone   Deodorant    Footballs Putty   Dyes   Panty Hose   Refrigerants

Percolators   Life Jackets   Rubbing Alcohol   Linings

Skis   TV Cabinets   Shag Rugs   Electrician's Tape

Tool Racks   Car Battery Cases   Epoxy   Paint

Mops   Slacks   Insect Repellent   Oil Filters

Umbrellas   Yarn   Fertilizers   Hair Coloring

Roofing   Toilet Seats   Fishing Rods   Lipstick

Denture Adhesive   Linoleum   Ice Cube Trays   Synthetic Rubber

Speakers   Plastic Wood   Electric Blankets   Glycerin

Tennis Rackets   Rubber Cement   Fishing Boots   Dice

Nylon Rope   Candles   Trash Bags   House Paint

Water Pipes   Hand Lotion   Roller Skates   Surf Boards

Shampoo   Wheels   Paint Rollers   Shower Curtains

Guitar Strings   Luggage   Aspirin   Safety Glasses

Antifreeze   Football Helmets   Awnings   Eyeglasses (I thought they were made from glass)

Clothes   Toothbrushes   Ice Chests   Footballs

Combs   CD's & DVD's   Paint Brushes   Detergents

Vaporizers   Balloons   Sun Glasses   Tents

Heart Valves   Crayons   Parachutes   Telephones

Enamel   Pillows   Dishes   Cameras

Anesthetics   Artificial Turf   Artificial limbs   Bandages

Dentures   Model Cars   Folding Doors   Hair Curlers

Cold cream   Movie film   Soft Contact lenses   Drinking Cups

Fan Belts   Car Enamel   Shaving Cream   Ammonia

Refrigerators   Golf Balls   Toothpaste (Yuck)   Gasoline

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"

Hmmm, there only seems to be hatred of Canadian, and to a lesser extent American produced oil..

Here's a brief list of products made from petroleum.

Solvents   Diesel fuel   Motor Oil   Bearing Grease Ink   Floor Wax   Ballpoint Pens   Football Cleats Upholstery   Sweaters     Boats Insecticides

Bicycle Tires   Sports Car Bodies   Nail Polish   Fishing lures Dresses   Tires    Golf Bags   Perfumes Cassettes   Dishwasher parts   Tool Boxes   Shoe Polish Motorcycle Helmets   Caulking   Petroleum Jelly    Transparent Tape CD Player (do people still have these?)   Faucet Washers   Antiseptics   Clothesline Curtains   Food Preservatives   Basketballs   Soap  

Vitamin Capsules   Antihistamines   Purses   Shoes Dashboards   Cortisone   Deodorant    Footballs Putty   Dyes   Panty Hose   Refrigerants

Percolators   Life Jackets   Rubbing Alcohol   Linings

Skis   TV Cabinets   Shag Rugs   Electrician's Tape

Tool Racks   Car Battery Cases   Epoxy   Paint

Mops   Slacks   Insect Repellent   Oil Filters

Umbrellas   Yarn   Fertilizers   Hair Coloring

Roofing   Toilet Seats   Fishing Rods   Lipstick

Denture Adhesive   Linoleum   Ice Cube Trays   Synthetic Rubber

Speakers   Plastic Wood   Electric Blankets   Glycerin

Tennis Rackets   Rubber Cement   Fishing Boots   Dice

Nylon Rope   Candles   Trash Bags   House Paint

Water Pipes   Hand Lotion   Roller Skates   Surf Boards

Shampoo   Wheels   Paint Rollers   Shower Curtains

Guitar Strings   Luggage   Aspirin   Safety Glasses

Antifreeze   Football Helmets   Awnings   Eyeglasses (I thought they were made from glass)

Clothes   Toothbrushes   Ice Chests   Footballs

Combs   CD's & DVD's   Paint Brushes   Detergents

Vaporizers   Balloons   Sun Glasses   Tents

Heart Valves   Crayons   Parachutes   Telephones

Enamel   Pillows   Dishes   Cameras

Anesthetics   Artificial Turf   Artificial limbs   Bandages

Dentures   Model Cars   Folding Doors   Hair Curlers

Cold cream   Movie film   Soft Contact lenses   Drinking Cups

Fan Belts   Car Enamel   Shaving Cream   Ammonia

Refrigerators   Golf Balls   Toothpaste (Yuck)   Gasoline

that's an amazing amount of stuff that can be made with oil products.  

In the US the lefties often oppose drilling even in places like Alska where only a few caribou live.   I remember Obama was opposed to the keystone pipeline but never even stated a good reason.  He opposed drilling just about everywhere.

A lot of them are against fracking even though that has allowed us to become much more self sufficient, and drive gas prices down.  They were determined to prove that fracking caused earthquakes and destroyed water supplies.  neither of which it did.

It seems in canada the lefties reflexively oppose a lot of the pipelines. I guess because of potential spills but every energy source has its drawbacks.

I just don't understand why they are so fixated on hating oil.  Most of them drive cars, where do they think the gas comes from?

Bricktop

Quote from: "Peaches"

Maybe I'll make a meme out of this, ankle biter.

Before using cliches, epithets and colloquialisms, do yourself the favour of actually researching what they mean.

"Ankle biter" refers to very young children who haven't started walking yet.

In the context you've used it, it fails both as an insult or irony.

Anonymous

The "context" to which you refer would include the recent post I addressed to you, in which I referred to a puppy following me around and pissing on my ankles.  I think the continuity is good and the choice of metaphor is more than sufficient for my purposes.

Quote...it fails...

You wish, ankle biter.

Bricktop

You really are tragically stupid.

By your own admission you returned here to confront ME, asshole.

Who's following who. I seem to recall you inviting me to retard central, aka CBT, to hold a discussion with you. How did that work out?

Stay in the shadows and snipe from safety, shitwick.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"You really are tragically stupid.

Your own post fails to support this conclusion.  Pay attention and I'll break it down for ya.

QuoteBy your own admission you returned here to confront ME, asshole.

Simply untrue and not supportable by any link you can provide.  Either you're trolling clumsily or you really have a poor grasp of reality.

QuoteWho's following who.

In this case, it's my thread and you've posted several ad homs in it but added nothing to the topic.  You tell me, pal, how an objective observer would answer that question.

QuoteI seem to recall you inviting me to retard central, aka CBT, to hold a discussion with you. How did that work out?

So far, you haven't stepped up -- evidently preferring to take your own advice below...v v v

QuoteStay in the shadows and snipe from safety, shitwick.

There you go projecting your own shit onto me.  I've heard you're notorious for that.