News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Realized today that I have new neighbours!

Started by Angry White Male, April 24, 2018, 02:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

My brother's condo he bought in Seattle was 700,000, its now valued at 1,000,000! Hes thinking of moving, and the place he is looking at is valued at 2,000,000! Up from 200,000 it sold for only 7 years ago I think. Of course its been heavily remodeled too. Looked like something in a magazine overlooking the bay.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Alberta's real estate soared for many years and it will rebound if we get leadership in this province and federally..

And vice versa, your new provincial government could help burst the real estate bubble in BC.

Real Estate is not tied to economy anymore, with 'globalization' of citizens.

Now it's supply and demand, and the demand could come from anywhere!

Of course Alberta's RE is a result of a poor economy.

Zetsu

lol Not really sure is this considered as good or bad, my house when I bought it was around $760 grand and my neighbour's house was cheaper than mines and got sold for 1.3 million in just 3 years.  And I wonder when will this madness stop, heard that the mainland Chinese government is currently cracking down on thieves stealing and taking money out of China hence why the housing prices in all out of Canada has dropped close to 10%.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"lol Not really sure is this considered as good or bad, my house when I bought it was around $760 grand and my neighbour's house was cheaper than mines and got sold for 1.3 million in just 3 years.  And I wonder when will this madness stop, heard that the mainland Chinese government is currently cracking down on thieves stealing and taking money out of China hence why the housing prices in all out of Canada has dropped close to 10%.

The Toronto RE market is down a lot from it's peak.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Fashionista"You don't know where I live..  :001_rolleyes:

Admit it, that you are not amongst us elites.

Enjoy your non-elite immigrant infested neighbourhood, and be prepared to watch values go down some more as they dump it up even more.

When you are ready, join us elites in Vancouver...  We could use some Chinks like you, instead of the braindead FOB Chinks that happen to have big time dirty money that they like flooding into the market here...

Alberta's real estate soared for many years and it will rebound if we get leadership in this province and federally..

And vice versa, your new provincial government could help burst the real estate bubble in BC.

Mel could fit his gay little condo in one of the living rooms of your house.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Bring your classy salt n pepper shakers....

I guess this is the time of night when the forums get dumb.  Salt and Pepper shakers.

Yeah, salt and pepper shakers.

It wasn't funny then, and it's not funny now.

Enjoy living in poverty for the rest of your life.

:laugh3:  it was hilarious then and it's still funny now.

And oh yeah...you got me there Mel...im gonna be poor forevermore because I don't have expensive salt n pepper shakers  ac_toofunny we're all gonna die in poverty..cause Mel is the only one who works and pays for the entire population of BC to receive their welfare cheques! Don't quit Mel! If you do we are all fucked!!

Zetsu

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Zetsu"lol Not really sure is this considered as good or bad, my house when I bought it was around $760 grand and my neighbour's house was cheaper than mines and got sold for 1.3 million in just 3 years.  And I wonder when will this madness stop, heard that the mainland Chinese government is currently cracking down on thieves stealing and taking money out of China hence why the housing prices in all out of Canada has dropped close to 10%.

That's what I heard too, lol just hope it didn't dropped too much, though I dun think I'll be moving out unless my house is showing signs of aging or problems like our old house, roof ceramic tiles were fracturing, wooden window frames need replacement and not to mention the mouse infestation due to my mom's rotten food, lol.
Permanently off his rocker

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" expensive salt n pepper shakers

I actually have an expensive set now lol. At least as a collector item they are IMO. My brother got them for me. Gandalf and Sauron doing battle with their staffs  :laugh:  , they are magnetized. Look like this...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/78/55/70/78557044c30a9a38a03cdadb27a84541.jpg">

Bricktop

As a LOTR fan, you'd appreciate I have the full set of Royal Doulton figurines.

https://cdn.globalauctionplatform.com/30429a58-4497-46b1-a1d9-a4ae00c6f474/18e39337-b9e4-4e50-8ea7-a4ae013d886c/540x360.jpg">

No salt'n'pepper shakers though.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"As a LOTR fan, you'd appreciate I have the full set of Royal Doulton figurines.

I remember you sharing that! Pretty cool  :thumbup:

I've almost finished reading Unfinished Tales, about to start The Silmarillion again I think.

Bricktop

OK.

Challenge time.

Can you name all the characters above?

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I read that..

It's causing problems for people who bought new houses and condos when prices were at their highest.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"OK.

Challenge time.

One or two may stump me, but Im gonna give it a shot...

Gollum/Smeagol

Barliman Butterbur

Gimli son of Gloin

Tom Bombadil

Bilbo Baggins

Aragorn son of Arathorn

Legolas

Galadriel

Gandalf/Mithrandir/Olorin

Frodo Baggins

Samwise Gamgee

Boromir son of Denethor

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Challenge time.

Gollum/Smeagol

Barliman Butterbur

Gimli son of Gloin

Tom Bombadil

Bilbo Baggins

Aragorn son of Arathorn

Legolas

Galadriel

Frodo Baggins

Samwise Gamgee

Boromir son of Denethor

Impressive Blazor.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"

Challenge time.

Gollum/Smeagol

Barliman Butterbur

Gimli son of Gloin

Tom Bombadil

Bilbo Baggins

Aragorn son of Arathorn

Legolas

Galadriel

Frodo Baggins

Samwise Gamgee

Boromir son of Denethor

Impressive Blazor.

Thank ya mam  :howdy:

Pretty sure I got 'em all right lol. Im a huge Tolkien geek  :laugh: