Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Today was just one of those days...

Started by Angry White Male, April 26, 2018, 02:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

First trip hauled out for the customer, and the god damned electric tarp motor breaks into two pieces at the dump site, seemingly for no reason other than fatigue.  Now that the motor portion has broken away, the tarp will automatically revert to a 'closed' or 'covered' position, meaning I'm done for the day.  The truck is useless.

I fucking hate to disappoint my customers in this fashion, and rarely I do.

So I go to the body-builder to get a new $400 tarp motor, but they're too busy to install it today.  So I installed it myself, crawling around up there like a fucking monkey contorting my body in odd ways, using the basic hand tools I carry.  The fucking thing still won't work even though I installed it properly.

Ask the builders where the fuck the fuse is for the circuit, as it may have blown when the original motor broke...  they should know, since they built the fucking thing.  There has to be a fuse somewhere in the circuit.  Guy points to the relay switch/solenoid, and said that probably fried, but can't replace that for me today either, as they are too busy.

Fucking relay is a different style now, as my truck is old.  Requires some possible drilling, and some electrical connector ends are different.  I cannot do this myself properly in the field.

I still don't know where the fucking fuse is hidden.  I'm not a fucking electrician, and am not the body-builder of this truck.

So, $500 in parts alone today, frustration, another day off tomorrow to pay the shop to hopefully fix it.  If it is the fuse, and not the switch, I've wasted another $70 on a part, and STILL don't know where the fucking fuse is.

There's no money to be made at this rate.  Profit margins are slim already thanks to the influx of immigrants.

There are some days I just want to torch the fucking thing, and then just report it stolen.

Bricktop

http://img3.rnkr-static.com/list_img_v2/18825/1238825/C520/dull-topics-that-boring-people-talk-about-constantly-u1.jpg">

Anonymous

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"First trip hauled out for the customer, and the god damned electric tarp motor breaks into two pieces at the dump site, seemingly for no reason other than fatigue.  Now that the motor portion has broken away, the tarp will automatically revert to a 'closed' or 'covered' position, meaning I'm done for the day.  The truck is useless.

I fucking hate to disappoint my customers in this fashion, and rarely I do.

So I go to the body-builder to get a new $400 tarp motor, but they're too busy to install it today.  So I installed it myself, crawling around up there like a fucking monkey contorting my body in odd ways, using the basic hand tools I carry.  The fucking thing still won't work even though I installed it properly.

Ask the builders where the fuck the fuse is for the circuit, as it may have blown when the original motor broke...  they should know, since they built the fucking thing.  There has to be a fuse somewhere in the circuit.  Guy points to the relay switch/solenoid, and said that probably fried, but can't replace that for me today either, as they are too busy.

Fucking relay is a different style now, as my truck is old.  Requires some possible drilling, and some electrical connector ends are different.  I cannot do this myself properly in the field.

I still don't know where the fucking fuse is hidden.  I'm not a fucking electrician, and am not the body-builder of this truck.

So, $500 in parts alone today, frustration, another day off tomorrow to pay the shop to hopefully fix it.  If it is the fuse, and not the switch, I've wasted another $70 on a part, and STILL don't know where the fucking fuse is.

There's no money to be made at this rate.  Profit margins are slim already thanks to the influx of immigrants.

There are some days I just want to torch the fucking thing, and then just report it stolen.

Get it fixed and lease it to an East Indian with a deductible. Eventually they'll pay out the nose fixing anything they stuffed up, then you can write it off as a business expense and buy a better rig.

And they will stuff everything up. It's in their nature.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Have you checked online for possible location of the fuse? I get on a Jeep forum and its a wealth of knowledge for me. Hell even found the Factory Service Manual on there, and downloaded it, nearly 2000 pages lol.

I know how "those days" can be man. Just jump on it like a spider monkey, then have a beer. Beat the truck, dont let the truck beat you!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Angry White Male

Online has nothing ever for large commercial vehicles!  EVER!  That's because many truck drivers are retarded, and mechanics don't often post on 'free flow' forums, or post at all.

Today I had the shit re-wired...  The fuse is called an "Auto-Reset Breaker."  If it gets hot enough, it will trip.  It should auto-reset, unless it fails.

Auto-trip or quick-trip fuse... forget now.  If it fails, the entire unit must be replaced.  There is no replaceable fuse that can be removed and inserted.

Also had to replace the actuating switch also.

I can understand the mechanical, but an electrician I am not...

Angry White Male

Total repair bill?  $700.00  This doesn't include the two days out of service and loss of profits.

No profits this week, and much frustration.

I'm literally working for free at times, and this happens more than people think.

Bricktop

Why not get a real job then?

McDonalds are always looking for staff. And carwashes in Canada must do a roaring trade given how wet it is.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Why not get a real job then?

McDonalds are always looking for staff. And carwashes in Canada must do a roaring trade given how wet it is.

And to Mel's advantage, they'll hire anyone with a pulse.

Bricktop

He barely qualifies then.

But once he understands the basics of heat and food substitutes, he'll be zooming for an assistant managers job.

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Online has nothing ever for large commercial vehicles!  EVER!  That's because many truck drivers are retarded, and mechanics don't often post on 'free flow' forums, or post at all.

Today I had the shit re-wired...  The fuse is called an "Auto-Reset Breaker."  If it gets hot enough, it will trip.  It should auto-reset, unless it fails.

Auto-trip or quick-trip fuse... forget now.  If it fails, the entire unit must be replaced.  There is no replaceable fuse that can be removed and inserted.

Also had to replace the actuating switch also.

I can understand the mechanical, but an electrician I am not...

Damn that sucks not having any available intel.

Geez, one thing goes it all goes huh.

Yeah, Im not very good with electrical on a car either lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Online has nothing ever for large commercial vehicles!  EVER!  That's because many truck drivers are retarded, and mechanics don't often post on 'free flow' forums, or post at all....

You don't say....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Online has nothing ever for large commercial vehicles!  EVER!  That's because many truck drivers are retarded, and mechanics don't often post on 'free flow' forums, or post at all....

You don't say....

I wouldn't want to do that job and I wouldn't want my children too either.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

You don't say....

I wouldn't want to do that job and I wouldn't want my children too either.

You are a good mother.

Bricktop

You don't say....

ZIIIIIIIIIIING!!!  :thumbup: