The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

800,000 people are about to flee New York and California because of taxes, say economists

Started by Anonymous, April 27, 2018, 07:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"We took the channel at the end of Longboat key into the open  Gulf only once. Took it at slow tide flow, so no fast flow problem  .. . spent a few hours hours fishing, eating and lounging around a couple of miles offshore.

I go to Florida every winter, but I haven't spent that much time on the water.

I know rapid population increase is becoming a problem in Florida. Some areas are worse than others. But, I still like that state. For now anyway.

cc

Seoul: Yes, it is a nice place to visit and spend off time .. not so sure about living there long term  today and tomorrow ...  .. then many places today are crowded and busy so maybe not bad for those who accept that fact ... the quiet uncrowded and natural in so many areas  place we knew it can never be again

Fash: "Cracker" is a term used for those from an area, especially in the south.

I can only speak for Floridians as to how they use the term, but "Florida Cracker" is a term longtime Floridians are proud to call themselves .... it reminds them and others that they are NOT move-ins, rather were born and raised there .. and proud of that fact

We found Crackers to be wonderful to people they found to be actually interested in their  state  and its special wonder .... but don't go out of their way for those who want only to be around northerners ..... not unlike our situation here where we take to those who wish to be part of Canada and not crazy about those who come to maintain their foreign roots only

They prolly are not so great with tourists / visitors, but as we lived there and put out vibes that we wanted to become " truly Floridian" they all treated us exceptionally well.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

cc, my girlfriend and I have so many friends in Florida. Mostly the Gulf side, but also the panhandle. They are fellow Ontarians, Quebeckers, and nearly every Northern state. We feel at home down there. They also recognize the special charm and way of life is threatened by explosive population growth. A damned shame really.

And I forgot to say that you lived my dream life down there. Building golf courses, I am jealous.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Seoul: Yes, it is a nice place to visit and spend off time .. not so sure about living there long term  today and tomorrow ...  .. then many places today are crowded and busy so maybe not bad for those who accept that fact ... the quiet uncrowded and natural in so many areas  place we knew it can never be again

Fash: "Cracker" is a term used for those from an area, especially in the south.

I can only speak for Floridians as to how they use the term, but "Florida Cracker" is a term longtime Floridians are proud to call themselves .... it reminds them and others that they are NOT move-ins, rather were born and raised there .. and proud of that fact

We found Crackers to be wonderful to people they found to be actually interested in their  state  and its special wonder .... but don't go out of their way for those who want only to be around northerners
..... not unlike our situation here where we take to those who wish to be part of Canada and not crazy about those who come to maintain their foreign roots only

They prolly are not so great with tourists / visitors, but as we lived there and put out vibes that we wanted to become " truly Floridian" they all treated us exceptionally well.

That is fascinating cc..

I thought you meant Caucasians.

ac_blush

cc

The criteria was to have been raised there only I believe .. original Floridians are different from other southerner in many ways .. . It's kind of a place and people all of its own ... further south but not stereotypical "southern" per se

I did this one for Seoul and it landed at the bottom of last page, so bad me, I'll bring it forward for him

Quote from: "seoulbro"....... And I forgot to say that you lived my dream life down there. Building golf courses, I am jealous.

lol, you would love doing that wouldn't ya .. and rightly so!!

I must admit that our golf course projects were 2 fold - money + got to spend many months each summer  living in large motor home onsite under the trees on many sites throughout interior BC and it's Van Island and parts of the US .. Fairmont (2 summers), Castelgar, Fairwinds, Oak Bay etc. etc.  ... some were new courses in the forest boonies, and some were existing courses being renovated and with all the nearby clubhouse amenities .... all of them making up the best times of our lives

It also gave us years in Florida and ultimately the Filippines where we not only stayed a while but lived there among locals for a few years

I'm going to make you more jealous   :sneaky2:  ... . we got to do projects alongside and along with the design teams (and occasional personal visits) of Norman, Player, Nicklaus, Palmer, and especially the funniest and most lovable person I and we ever met in our lives ...  Lee Trevino  ... (36 holes at Pit Meadows) .. to name a few

Mate's last big project was being charge of water system design (didn't do construction itself there so didn't live on site) for a 72 hole project in the Filipinnes during the Asia golf boom - Individual courses were by Moe Norman, Dye, Isao Aoki and Gary Player- Selection was deliberate so it could be billed as "4 courses by 4 Architects from 4 Continents"

you'd have been in constantly orgasm throughout that one   :roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"The criteria was to have been raised there only I believe .. original Floridians are different from other southerner in many ways .. . It's kind of a place and people all of its own ... further south but not stereotypical "southern" per se

I did this one for Seoul and it landed at the bottom of last page, so bad me, I'll bring it forward for him

Quote from: "seoulbro"....... And I forgot to say that you lived my dream life down there. Building golf courses, I am jealous.

lol, you would love doing that wouldn't ya .. and rightly so!!

I must admit that our golf course projects were 2 fold - money + got to spend many months each summer  living in large motor home onsite under the trees on many sites throughout interior BC and it's Van Island and parts of the US .. Fairmont (2 summers), Castelgar, Fairwinds, Oak Bay etc. etc.  ... some were new courses in the forest boonies, and some were existing courses being renovated and with all the nearby clubhouse amenities .... all of them making up the best times of our lives

It also gave us years in Florida and ultimately the Filippines where we not only stayed a while but lived there among locals for a few years

I'm going to make you more jealous   :sneaky2:  ... . we got to do projects alongside and along with the design teams (and occasional personal visits) of Norman, Player, Nicklaus, Palmer, and especially the funniest and most lovable person I and we ever met in our lives ...  Lee Trevino  ... (36 holes at Pit Meadows) .. to name a few

Mate's last big project was being charge of water system design (didn't do construction itself there so didn't live on site) for a 72 hole project in the Filipinnes during the Asia golf boom - Individual courses were by Moe Norman, Dye, Isao Aoki and Gary Player- Selection was deliberate so it could be billed as "4 courses by 4 Architects from 4 Continents"

you'd have been in constantly orgasm throughout that one   :roll:

:shock:   :swoon:

cc

Don't be shocked. I'm just pulling your ............. leg

The golf courses!! not the golfers

Angry White Male

Last post here is from this paranoid Jew?

Memebee is dead, and I gotta get outta here also.

Place is dead also, filled with the same idiots that brought Van down also.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Don't be shocked. I'm just pulling your ............. leg

The golf courses!! not the golfers

That is frickin awesome ceec. :thumbup:

You had the Seoul brother greener than a March shamrock with envy.  ac_lmfao

cc

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Last post here is from this paranoid Jew?

I'll "Miss"   :wink:  you

This superior Prussian hopes to see you on some "live" site someday

@realAzhyaAryola

Been there done that. Florida to me will only be just a vacation spot. Nothing or no one can make me want to live there. No thank you.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

I'll "Miss"   :wink:  you

This superior Prussian hopes to see you on some "live" site someday

How could anyone not miss an alcoholic whiner with little man syndrome.

Berry Sweet

And here you are!