Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Far Cry 5

Started by Angry White Male, May 14, 2018, 11:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

No computer is capable of generating a random number, because any such generation requires a human derived algorithm. It simply does as its told. The number isn't random. However, I think you are right that the primitive OS had a "random number generator" that simply derived a number by converting the time to a numeric, adding it up and displaying it. Clever, really.

Berry Sweet

It's 10:15pm a d it's 22'c outside...ugh

Bricktop

Are you rugged up??

:2505pjr_th:

Berry Sweet

Lol...I just got out of the shower.  Waiuting for laundry to dry foir fresh clean undies and pjs.  Will jump into the bed soon...installing the a.c. in my bedroom tomorrow!!

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Angry White Male"You could easily program BASIC to generate random numbers.  I actually used to know how exactly it did that, but that was like almost 30 years ago.

I think it had something to do based on its internal clock.

It was the RND function
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Lol...I just got out of the shower.  Waiuting for laundry to dry foir fresh clean undies and pjs.  Will jump into the bed soon...installing the a.c. in my bedroom tomorrow!!

The humming of an A/C, best song ever
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Lol...I just got out of the shower.  Waiuting for laundry to dry foir fresh clean undies and pjs.  Will jump into the bed soon...installing the a.c. in my bedroom tomorrow!!

Its "hot" and you're wearing PJ's?

:2cdfr50_th: