The best topic

Replies: 10398
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Do you need noise to sleep?

Started by Wazzzup, May 16, 2018, 01:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Wazzzup

My wife likes to have the TV on real low when she goes to sleep.  

I usually go to sleep 2 hours after she does.  I like having a fan on for the noise and no TV noise (luckily she doesn't mind).   the fan is at my feet so if I get too warm at night, I stick my feet out to cool off.  

What helps fall asleep?  Do you like silence?  Do you like noise, if so what kind?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"My wife likes to have the TV on real low when she goes to sleep.  

I usually go to sleep 2 hours after she does.  I like having a fan on for the noise and no TV noise (luckily she doesn't mind).   the fan is at my feet so if I get too warm at night, I stick my feet out to cool off.  

What helps fall asleep?  Do you like silence?  Do you like noise, if so what kind?

A fan or the sound of waves helps me sleep.

cc

I realize that most try to clear the mind in order to get to sleep

As for me, I  get into some serious thought on some serious subject and fall asleep before I finish the thoughts ... then everyone knows I'm a bit odd / different, eh?  :wink:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I find vodka, Scotch. soju and beer all help put me to  sleep.

Anonymous

The bedroom tv on helps my husband sleep.

kiebers

I do the TV bit as well. Turn it down low and set the timer for about an hour.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

If I'm having trouble falling asleep, I read in bed.

Rancidmilko

I don't need noise per se, but the problem with sleeping in a too-quiet environment is that every small noise will wake you up.

I have my A/C on almost all the time. If it's too cold, I'll just put the fan on and point it towards the room door.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"I don't need noise per se, but the problem with sleeping in a too-quiet environment is that every small noise will wake you up.

I have my A/C on almost all the time. If it's too cold, I'll just put the fan on and point it towards the room door.

Yes, I agree Rbn.

Blazor

I dont "need" noise, I got enough of that, damn interstate is a stones throw away. Besides, Im mostly deaf in one ear, all I gotta do is lay on my good ear and I dont hear hardly anything lol. All I need is the room to be a lil cool, and a blanket wrapped over my shoulders. Then its lights out lol.

The ladies I've been with all needed noise. Not only to go to sleep, but by day as well. Couldnt stand the quiet.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Shen Li"If I'm having trouble falling asleep, I read in bed.

:thumbup:  I read almost every night.

Berry Sweet

I like quiet.  I live near a busy street, it can be loud.  Esp with idiots revving or motorbikes at 12am...plus the chirping signal is annoying.  Lucky me, I take my hearing aids out, so it's always peaceful.  I would never be able to sleep if I could hear everything...it would drive me nuts.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I like quiet.  I live near a busy street, it can be loud.  Esp with idiots revving or motorbikes at 12am...plus the chirping signal is annoying.  Lucky me, I take my hearing aids out, so it's always peaceful.  I would never be able to sleep if I could hear everything...it would drive me nuts.

Oddly you and I are the same in a way when it comes to that lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

I live in a quiet neighbourhood. You can hear owl's fart at 3.00am.

Anonymous

Total darkness is essential for sleeping. Birds chirping at the crack of dawn wakes me up like an alarm clock.