News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10398
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

This is what happens without front plate/crane screw...

Started by Angry White Male, May 19, 2018, 04:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

The cylinder and crane assembly will just slide out.

I tinted my fingers extra-White just for this image.

I don't even think this is considered a firearm anymore in this state...  Thanks, S&W.

Bricktop should be happy with this current setup!

http://i65.tinypic.com/2086wi9.jpg">

Bricktop

I couldn't possibly care less.

You don't need to be an asshole to own a firearm, but it helps.

Angry White Male

Not that S&W seems to care anymore, but if I was CEO I'd urge them to get their act together.

Why?  They aren't riding on much more than the sales of their classic revolvers, so this is one thing that they must...  MUST do well at.

Although revolver sales are diminishing compared to auto-loaders, there are still many people...  People like me, that are willing to spend extra kwan for a quality, iconic Smith and Wesson six-shooter.

When we spend decent money, we expect historic S&W quality.  We do not want to have to fuck with the gun for months, receiving little to no factory support.

Ruger, in my opinion, provides better revolvers at a better price, if one just wants function.  This is what I have found owning Ruger products.

S&W is nonetheless historic, but it cannot ride on its name alone forever...  Quality and craftsmanship is expected by people like me, that pay premium prices.

Don't let the quality slide any more.  If you have to turf a gun, turf it.  Don't just throw it in the blue plastic box and hope the customer won't notice...

Your business will fail if you continue to do so.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"I couldn't possibly care less.

You cared enough to comment, no?

And legal firearm owners are far from 'assholes'...  Society is filled with assholes and idiots, and I see them on a daily basis.

Knowing legal firearm owners also, I would say that the 'asshole percentage' is lesser amongst them.  Not saying that NONE of them are assholes, but most are OK.

Bricktop

No-one gives a flying fuck about your toys, idiot.

Other than the other idiots from America.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

And legal firearm owners are far from 'assholes'...  Society is filled with assholes and idiots, and I see them on a daily basis.

Knowing legal firearm owners also, I would say that the 'asshole percentage' is lesser amongst them.  Not saying that NONE of them are assholes, but most are OK.

Only an asshole would WANT to own a device designed to kill people.

Renee and kiebers are cases in point.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"No-one gives a flying fuck about your toys, idiot.

Other than the other idiots from America.

Idiots now!  And idiots from America?

You really mean 'idiots' from all over the world that own guns responsibly and legally, right?  THOSE idiots?

Bricktop

Indeed.

Do you think I reserve my disgust just for forums?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"Only an asshole would WANT to own a device designed to kill people.

What have Renee and Kiebers ever done to you?

Not saying that I care for them any more than any other posters here, but what have those two done to cramp your style?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"Indeed.

Do you think I reserve my disgust just for forums?

I know you have a hate on for the US.  You don't even live there though.

Maybe living where I do, I have a bit more in 'common' with the US than you do, as I've never really felt much 'hate' for our Southern neighbours.

They've done nothing to me.

kiebers

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Only an asshole would WANT to own a device designed to kill people.

Quote from: "Bricktop"Muslim de-programming on a budget;

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fii.cheaperthandirt.com%2Ffcgi-bin%2Fiipsrv.fcgi%3FFIF%3D%2Fimages%2Fcheaperthandirt%2Fsource%2F3-0111463_1.tif%26wid%3D480%26cvt%3Djpeg&f=1">

Strangely enough there is only one asshole here advocating using a firearm on an entire group of people.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Angry White Male

Quote from: "kiebers"Strangely enough there is only one asshole here advocating using a firearm on an entire group of people.

That's what he does, time and time again.

His sole mission is to instigate, but not always in a good way.

I received two bans over the last 24 hours, due to myself telling him to fuck off.  Fash coddled him, and I was banned for 'harassment'...

I don't mind Bricktop, but I also know what he is, and what he does...  with full clarity.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Not that S&W seems to care anymore, but if I was CEO I'd urge them to get their act together.

Why?  They aren't riding on much more than the sales of their classic revolvers, so this is one thing that they must...  MUST do well at.

I'm afraid you're too late in asking.  For starters, your 686 (looks like, anyway) was never a "classic" Smith, beginning with two very evident reasons.

1... barrel and frame are crush-fitted, rather than threaded together, so you'll never be able to adjust cylinder gap beyond what can be shimmed.

2... in my personal opinion, the legendary S&W lockwork never lent itself well to stainless steel (maybe a metallurgy issue,) and it only takes a couple hundred rounds to develop a lot of binding and creakiness that simple lube will not fix.  At least this was true 35 years ago when I still bothered with revolvers.  

Hell, even Taurus builds a better Smith revolver than Smith does.

QuoteRuger, in my opinion, provides better revolvers at a better price, if one just wants function.  

Indeed.   :thumbup:

I've never been partial to Smith's auto pistols either, for that matter, except for an early sixties Model 41 tack driver I've had forever...my daughter has it now, come to think of it.

I don't mind Bricktop, but I also know what he is, and what he does...  with full clarity.

You left out "disingenuous douchebag."

Bricktop

Anonymous

Q.E.D., on this very page.

Not even an Oz banker would credit it.