Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Heard a cougar in the bush

Started by Annie, August 21, 2013, 02:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

I hate when people shoot something just to kill it instead of just letting it be  :x
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

cc

Me 2 Annie

Quote from: "Odinson"Sometimes at night you can hear the screams of the victims.

Victims? Lol,  ..... Come see me. I'll give you a lesson in "night screams"

;)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Odinson

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Odinson"Just shoot them, skin them and sell the fur.

You sound like my husband. Unfortunately bear season is not in the middle of the summer.  :lol:

If he is nordic, killing animals is in his genes.  :lol:

The season started yesterday in here. I can get atleast 4500e of the fur and the meat is a delicacy and restaurants pay well for it.

Odinson

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Me 2 Annie

Quote from: "Odinson"Sometimes at night you can hear the screams of the victims.

Victims? Lol,  ..... Come see me. I'll give you a lesson in "night screams"

;)

I think I´m hearing growling.  ;)

Renee

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Odinson"Just shoot them, skin them and sell the fur.

You sound like my husband. Unfortunately bear season is not in the middle of the summer.  :lol:

The season started yesterday in here. I can get atleast 4500e of the fur and the meat is a delicacy and restaurants pay well for it.

When does troll season open?

\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Odinson

When does troll season open?

Right after the sun sets down.

jaysings

Quote from: "Annie"I hate when people shoot something just to kill it instead of just letting it be  :x

why don't u shoot them with anaesthetic rifle and move them out of your property?

We don't leave food out and try not to bother them. They're only doing what animals do when they're hungry, they look for food. I hate hearing about bears or cougars being shot, so sad  :cry:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I hate when people shoot something just to kill it instead of just letting it be  :x

I would rather shoot a beautiful mammal with a camera rather than a rifle.

Annie

Oh, how did quoting Jay turn my post into his?  :?:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Oh, how did quoting Jay turn my post into his?  :?:

I am sorry Ms. Annie, I don't understand what you mean?

Did you click on the edit function instead of quote?

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Nonsense.

Wolves have been killing our hunting dogs for a while now. Skilled hunting dogs are expensive and they are of sentimental value to us... A pal.

My norwegian hunting dog has a partner whom will take care of wolves which are a threat. My 2meter wolf-dog. He has already killed a white wolf which is usually the leader of the pack.

1253 pound bite against rottweilers 400 pound bite.

He is very loving though... Yesterday he played with 2year old Alex and 4years old Sara. They are quite fond of my dogs.

Wolf-dogs only get insane because of the work they are usually utilized at. That kind of work renders humans insane too.

jaysings

"We don't leave food out and try not to bother them. They're only doing what animals do when they're hungry, they look for food. I hate hearing about bears or cougars being shot, so sad "

weird.....very weird...... i don't remember replying this passage above.........did anyone edit my comment in some ways? :o

jaysings

Quote from: "Annie"Oh, how did quoting Jay turn my post into his?  :?:

u scared me..... :D

i supposed that someone had hacked in my account to leave that message

back to the topic, i disagree with people who shoot animals for fun or excitement or any reasons else

but if i were u i'll try to move them out without making them injured or dead

so anaesthetic rifle will be the good choice to paralyze them, for keeping them away from my children who may get attacked or scared by them

Anonymous

Nonsense.

Wolves have been killing our hunting dogs for a while now. Skilled hunting dogs are expensive and they are of sentimental value to us... A pal.

My norwegian hunting dog has a partner whom will take care of wolves which are a threat. My 2meter wolf-dog. He has already killed a white wolf which is usually the leader of the pack.

He is very loving though... Yesterday he played with 2year old Alex and 4years old Sara. They are quite fond of my dogs.

Wolf-dogs only get insane because of the work they are usually utilized at. That kind of work renders humans insane too.

That situation is different though Odie..

If a farmer is losing livestock or crops to wild animals they have to put a stop to it even if it means killing the wild animals..

The same thing applies to expensive hunting dogs.

Renee

Nonsense.

Depends how much wolf is in it. 2nd or 3rd generation wolf dogs are great (most of the time). 1st generation half wolf/ half dog can be as dangerous as wolves if not handled by a competent strong willed owner. I've never seen one that makes a good house pet.

We have wolves here in WA as well but they generally keep their distance from human habitations. Sometimes you can hear them at night off in the distance. Their call is different than of the western coyote; the wolf call is deeper and longer. Their howls drive the neighborhood dogs nuts.

I have a male Keeshond, a female Siberian and they generally keep almost anything out of the yard in terms of wild animals. I also have two American Eskimo miniatures (pains in the ass) that my husband brought home from a job site. They were abandoned and after living with them for 2 years now I know why. They are the most destructive and vicious little shits I've ever come across. Owning them is like living in a house full of God damn wolverines. Good thing they are so loveable or I would have shipped them off to the "farm" a long time ago. :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.