Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I need some outdoor funky lighting...

Started by Berry Sweet, May 21, 2018, 12:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

...something different...something with pizzaz...any suggestions?

Angry White Male

You live in an apartment.  What kind of 'funky lighting' could you possibly install on a patio?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...something different...something with pizzaz...any suggestions?

We have solar lights in our yard.

Berry Sweet

Imagination Mel.  Try it.

My solar lights from last year are shot...was thinking of getting some new ones....or fancy string lights.

Berry Sweet

I had this last year...still working great.  I might use them and add some funky solar lights.

https://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/0478130_PE617289_S5.JPG">

Angry White Male

I feel no need to run solar lights on my patio, but I'll tell you what I do have...

I have a fiberglass bee-hive looking thing that I bought from Home Depot.  You fill it up with water, and plug it in.  The water is pumped to the top, and then sort of waterfalls down the thing back into the bottom.

The top where the water comes out is equipped with LED lighting, and the water flows over these little lights, thus making the light sort of 'bounce around' randomly...

It babbles too, as the water falls to the bottom.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I feel no need to run solar lights on my patio, but I'll tell you what I do have...

I have a fiberglass bee-hive looking thing that I bought from Home Depot.  You fill it up with water, and plug it in.  The water is pumped to the top, and then sort of waterfalls down the thing back into the bottom.

The top where the water comes out is equipped with LED lighting, and the water flows over these little lights, thus making the light sort of 'bounce around' randomly...

It babbles too, as the water falls to the bottom.

We have solar lights in our rock garden.

Angry White Male

If I had a larger yard, I could justify them.

Try to buy solar lights with replaceable AA rechargeable batteries, as the packs that come with them are notoriously shitty and don't last very long.

Berry Sweet

Angry White Male

I can't find the Home Depot one, so maybe they don't sell it any more, but it kind of resembles this.  Where the water is pumped out of the top, LED's are under that flowing water...

http://www.ericaglasener.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Water-garden-in-large-glazed-pot-with-view-of-top-1.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"If I had a larger yard, I could justify them.

Try to buy solar lights with replaceable AA rechargeable batteries, as the packs that come with them are notoriously shitty and don't last very long.

I  thought you don't have a yard at all?

Angry White Male

I have a large patio, as I'm on the ground floor...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I have a large patio, as I'm on the ground floor...

I see.

Angry White Male

It works out OK.  Room for my full size Weber barbecue, table and chairs for four, retractable lounge chair thingy, and about 30 feet of cedar planters that I have lining the back side of it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"It works out OK.  Room for my full size Weber barbecue, table and chairs for four, retractable lounge chair thingy, and about 30 feet of cedar planters that I have lining the back side of it.

Enough room for a bachelor.