Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I need some outdoor funky lighting...

Started by Berry Sweet, May 21, 2018, 12:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I wish I had bought a condo on the top floor. A herd of elephants moved in above me. Man, they are noisy.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "seoulbro"I wish I had bought a condo on the top floor. A herd of elephants moved in above me. Man, they are noisy.

I'm lucky.  The guy above me lives alone, and doesn't stomp around much at all.  He disappears every single weekend, so he's not home then at all.  I assume he must spend his weekends over at a significant others...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"Enough room for a bachelor.

It works.  The initial plan when my ex was around was to possibly buy a townhouse, as we could've managed on two incomes.

Then she split before that happened, so I just bought a condo instead.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I have a large patio, as I'm on the ground floor...

Since when?  Did you move?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I wish I had bought a condo on the top floor. A herd of elephants moved in above me. Man, they are noisy.

I'm lucky.  The guy above me lives alone, and doesn't stomp around much at all.  He disappears every single weekend, so he's not home then at all.  I assume he must spend his weekends over at a significant others...

The owner is renting it out and the tennants have kids. I swear those kids wear cement shoes.

Angry White Male

Sound travels very well through floors.  This is a wood-framed building, but the floors do have a thin layer of cement poured in between them.  You can still hear footsteps.

I think only a true concrete building could eliminate sounds...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Sound travels very well through floors.  This is a wood-framed building, but the floors do have a thin layer of cement poured in between them.  You can still hear footsteps.

I think only a true concrete building could eliminate sounds...

Highrise concrete buildings are the way to go. Not many in Barrie though.

Angry White Male

In Langley we don't permit high rise buildings (yet), so they are essentially all wood framed.

Concrete pays only when you go tall, which most other municipalities around here allow, and are doing...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"In Langley we don't permit high rise buildings (yet), so they are essentially all wood framed.

Concrete pays only when you go tall, which most other municipalities around here allow, and are doing...

I've only seen tall concrete condo buildings.

Angry White Male

Low-rise concrete frame would be too expensive to build, so it's reserved for high rise.

Put it this way...  They guy that could afford a low-rise concrete framed condo would probably just buy a townhouse or a detached anyhow...

Berry Sweet

I would never want to live in a condo.

Bricktop

Especially if you were sociophobic....like some people...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I would never want to live in a condo.

Yet you live in a subsidized apartment?    :oeudC:

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I would never want to live in a condo.

Yet you live in a subsidized apartment?    :oeudC:

You're the only one who thinks this.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Especially if you were sociophobic....like some people...

Who Seoul, lol.