Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

What's in yer Bug-Out bag?

Started by Angry White Male, May 25, 2018, 06:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

I didn't set out to build a bug-out bag, but I won an 'Earthquake Kit' as a shitty secondary prize when playing the Millionaire's Lottery here, which is kind of a private lottery here set up to help fund hospitals and shit.  Main prize is a choice of different luxury homes and cash.  It's an expensive lottery to play.

Anyhow, I go to claim my prize.  Some of the shit in there was useless for Earthquake Emergencies (like a car window breaker, in case you drive into a lake), so I removed that shit.

I realized that a proper Earthquake kit is essentially the same as a bug-out kit.  I added a few extra things, like spare lighters, toilet paper, water (don't really need to carry much water here, as there are enough natural sources of water that's good enough to drink should one need to).

This kit would also be useful if one became stranded in a vehicle on a mountain highway in the winter also, for instance.  Shit like candles, thermal blankets, normal thin blanket, plastic rain poncho, plastic sheet to for makeshift tent, basic first aid kit... shit like that is in there.

This kit would easily fit into my larger MEC backpack, which I would then throw in a handgun and ammo, change of clothing, and a few other small odds and ends like Swiss Army Knife, a hunting knife, couple cans of Cambpell's Chunky soup, a few basic toiletries, and I'd be completely ready to bug out with just one stuffed full backpack, leaving my hands free for running to a safe spot where I shall stake my claim and commence rebuilding a white utopia.

What's in yer bug-out bag?

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Let me rephrase. Why not much water?
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

I have a small amount of water, but water is all around here, both summer and winter.  It may not be ideal to drink it if you don't have to, but it's fine to drink out of all the creeks and rivers here should one really have to do so in a bug-out type situation...

Angry White Male

I know what you mean though, Dinky...  Clean water is a rarity in many parts of the world.  Where I live, it flows freely all around me.

Well, clean enough water to risk a bit of diarrhea if you had to drink it, but even then that might be a rare occurrence...

Frood

You're not far from Yellowstone, if it were to go off. Imagine the toxicity of that. Then consider fires, mudslides, floods, biological and chemical acts, even radiation.

Fresh water can be quickly turned into toxic water.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Not here!  Where I live, potable water is everywhere...  Trust me.

Angry White Male

People forget about water when they need to bug out.  Three days without and you're dead.

Here it is clean, and in unlimited supply.

Dinky, you live in a desert...  If I were you, my bug-out bag would contain a couple gallons of water.  Of course there is a limit as to how much we can carry/store...

Angry White Male

Your best bet would be to plan on traveling to an area with water, and going directly there.  You should be able to boil any water once there, if you have the right shit with you...

Frood

I don't live anywhere near a desert. In fact, it rains here a good portion of the year and gets quite cold.

I don't believe you've thought your potable water situation thru thoroughly, or your emergency bag.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Dude, water is not a problem here...

Frood

It is if it can't be drunk.

PM me if you want to discuss this further.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

My bug-out bag will have my Canadian passport, one way plane tickets, shorts, sunscreen and sandals. And that day is less than six years away.

Blazor

I've been wanting to create a bug out bag, I have 2 backpacks, so one would be ideal. I know what I pack when I backpack, which is fairly close to what I would have if I "bugged out". Would like to have one with me in my Jeep, since I live so far from work, and my bug out bag I would like to be able to get back home with anyway.

This is what I pack when I backpack, but I could omit some for the bug out bag....

Small sleeping bag

Small 2 man tent (One and gear)

Light jacket

Water purifier

Small flashlight

Small first aid kit

Knife

TP

Bladder bag

Tiny military can opener

Dehydrated meals

Tuna packs

Granola bars

Newspaper for fire starting

Map and compass

Hatchet

Also my pistol goes on my hip, saves weight off the pack.

Think that was it. Like I said, some can be omitted for the actual bug out bag.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

deadskinmask

i don't have a bug-out bag.... i just make sure i have lots of marshmallows on hand. in case of an impending nuclear attack, i'm gonna stuff myself full of marshmallows.... hopefully the radiation will swell me up to 20 times my original size like a Peep in a microwave.... of course i'll die but i'm gonna lol as i watch all the spectators gasping in horror.... :D