Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

What's in yer Bug-Out bag?

Started by Angry White Male, May 25, 2018, 06:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

We believe it wise to prepare for the worst, but we don't do bug out bags..

Which is ironic because we were forced to evacuate our home about five years ago due to flooding.

Rancidmilko

After the last events, I think it's imperative to be prepared.

One thing to consider, some sort of gas tank.

Right now, gas is worth gold.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Anonymous

What do emergency survivalists plan to go?

Into nearby forests or in iron horse jockey's case, abroad?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"What do emergency survivalists plan to go?

If the shit hit the fan, going far abroad would be difficult.  Planes would not fly, and any kind of transit would be down.

Best to know a good place to go to locally.

Here I'm lucky...  The mountains are very close.  Could walk to them in a day.  The mountains would provide me with a bit of elevation, fresh water, and food...  berries, game such as deer, etc.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

If the shit hit the fan, going far abroad would be difficult.  Planes would not fly, and any kind of transit would be down.

Best to know a good place to go to locally.

Here I'm lucky...  The mountains are very close.  Could walk to them in a day.  The mountains would provide me with a bit of elevation, fresh water, and food...  berries, game such as deer, etc.

How bad would things have to get?

Rancidmilko

I live near a lot of rivers and lakes too. And plenty of forests also.

But many people would have the same ideas

If the worst happens. I'd imagine the people living up north in the Amazon or west in the pantanal mato-grossense would be better off

But where I am, definitely way better than the ones in Rio or Sao Paulo
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"How bad would things have to get?

Of course, this is imagining an imaginary situation which will most likely never happen, like when the zombies attack.   :laugh:

However, more importantly and realistic, is for when people do any kind of back country travel...  This is when having a bug out bag may come in handy.  You know, getting stranded out in the middle of nowhere.  This scenario actually does happen to people.

Angry White Male

When my ex used to visit me, she had to travel over the Coquihalla Hwy, which can be a notoriously shitty highway depending on weather conditions, especially in the winter (Highway Thru Hell, Jamie Davis Motor Truck)...

I thought a bug-out bag would be something handy for her to keep in the trunk, just in case something happened on that shitty highway.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"I live near a lot of rivers and lakes too. And plenty of forests also.

But many people would have the same ideas

If the worst happens. I'd imagine the people living up north in the Amazon or west in the pantanal mato-grossense would be better off

But where I am, definitely way better than the ones in Rio or Sao Paulo

I live in a major city, but we are about an hour from alpine forests.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"I live in a major city, but we are about an hour from alpine forests.

That's where you'd want to go then.  Find hiding there, to escape the zombies.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Of course, this is imagining an imaginary situation which will most likely never happen, like when the zombies attack.   :laugh:

Are you serious? Do you not watch the Walking Dead?

The zombie apocalypse WILL happen...make your preparations now, people.

Blazor

Quote from: "deadskinmask"i don't have a bug-out bag.... i just make sure i have lots of marshmallows on hand. in case of an impending nuclear attack, i'm gonna stuff myself full of marshmallows.... hopefully the radiation will swell me up to 20 times my original size like a Peep in a microwave.... of course i'll die but i'm gonna lol as i watch all the spectators gasping in horror.... :D

My first smile of the day, thank ya sir lol. This vision was a funny one  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Honestly, I use to think if SHTF I would flee for a certain forestry area I know of. But, if the government were to seek out survivalists for reeducation camps or worse, they would deploy heat sensitive drones to find them. Guess I need to find a cave lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Odinson

Quote from: "Blazor"

Honestly, I use to think if SHTF I would flee for a certain forestry area I know of. But, if the government were to seek out survivalists for reeducation camps or worse, they would deploy heat sensitive drones to find them. Guess I need to find a cave lol.

Its easy to evade heat-cameras..

Odinson

Zombie apocalypse cannot happen in real-life...

We now know how to kill them so they dont have enough zombies to take over the world.