Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Just came home with a new camp knife...

Started by Angry White Male, May 26, 2018, 10:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

...also known as an Australian Killing Machine!

Went to Canadian Tire for a couple boxes of Remington 9mm ammo, since they had an awesome price on it.  Rarely do we get US style pricing on shit here, but this ammo was selling for $16.50/box of 50 ($12.73 USD), so buy it while they have it I figure.  Maybe Remington dumped some on our markets?  Not sure...

And then that's when I saw it...  You see, I didn't go looking for a knife, but the knife seemingly found me.  ALSO at a very decent price at $59.99 ($46.27 USD).

There was only one thing left to do, and that was to purchase the iconic Buck model 119!  This knife seemingly sets the standard, and is recognizable worldwide.  Unchanged for decades and decades, the quality is great for the price!

Fun Trivia:  The "Scream" franchise uses a Buck model 120, which is exactly the same thing, but with a longer blade.  I think the model 119 is the 'go-to' blade for film and television also.  The model 120 may be a bit 'too much' blade in my opinion...  The 6" blade on the 119 is more than plenty!  If I need anything larger to hack through dense vegetation or whatever, I'll just buy a machete...

The leather sheath smells really nice, and seems of great quality also, even though the sheath itself is made in Mexico...

BEHOLD!  The iconic Buck model 119!

http://i64.tinypic.com/6xvk1z.jpg">

Angry White Male

I'm not a religious man, but the Buck Co. certainly is!  It is, in one way, sort of refreshing to see something like this.  Almost reminiscent of 'another time' that you don't really see much of anymore...

I am part of the family now!

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zpqxyd.jpg">

Berry Sweet

Now you can hunt for squirrels and carve that roadkill for dinner!

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Now you can hunt for squirrels and carve that roadkill for dinner!

Would be more fun to get a ghost mask and then terrorize a houseful of good looking, but braindead, young females...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'm not a religious man, but the Buck Co. certainly is!  It is, in one way, sort of refreshing to see something like this.  Almost reminiscent of 'another time' that you don't really see much of anymore...

I am part of the family now!

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zpqxyd.jpg">

The disease of religion is used to justify every moral outrage.

Angry White Male

Bricktop

Angry White Male

It's a quality piece for the price, that's for sure.  I'm sure there were plenty of these knives in OZ, back when you were still allowed to own knives there...

Bricktop

No clue.

You're not allowed to carry them, other than for a lawful purpose. That's a bit hard in a metropolitan environment.

But they have a purpose. What will YOU use it for?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Bricktop" What will YOU use it for?

He can also use it to scrape all the bacteria off his tongue before he uses his breathalyzer...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"What will YOU use it for?

Cutting things.

I use my Swiss Army knife all the time.  Have carried one in my pocket every day since I was 12.  I don't think a day has gone by when I didn't use it for something!

I feel this larger blade will be a good addition to the roster, for jobs that are a bit much for the little Swiss Army blade!

Bricktop

Angry White Male

Never!  My blade handling skillz are proficient!

Bricktop

Berry Sweet

Or you can use it to shave your ass...