The best topic

Replies: 10391
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:25:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

"Miss America" Succumbs to PC Warriors ..... or something ... no longer has "skin in the game"

Started by cc, June 05, 2018, 01:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/miss-america-scrapping-swimsuit-competition-longer-judge-based/story?id=55638426">Miss America Scrapping The Swimsuit Competition, Will No Longer "Judge Based On Physical Appearance"

Miss America is scrapping its swimsuit competition and will no longer judge contestants based on physical appearance, the organization announced Tuesday.

"We are no longer a pageant," Gretchen Carlson, the first former Miss America to be named chair of the Board of Trustees of the Miss America Organization, said on "GMA." "We are a competition."

In place of the swimsuit portion of the competition, Miss America contestants will now take part in a live interactive session with the judges, according to the organization.

Hang onto this one guys - No further goodies for you

https://s.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/miss-america-2018-gty-ml-180604_hpEmbed_23x15_992.jpg">
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/miss-america-scrapping-swimsuit-competition-longer-judge-based/story?id=55638426">Miss America Scrapping The Swimsuit Competition, Will No Longer "Judge Based On Physical Appearance"

Miss America is scrapping its swimsuit competition and will no longer judge contestants based on physical appearance, the organization announced Tuesday.

"We are no longer a pageant," Gretchen Carlson, the first former Miss America to be named chair of the Board of Trustees of the Miss America Organization, said on "GMA." "We are a competition."

In place of the swimsuit portion of the competition, Miss America contestants will now take part in a live interactive session with the judges, according to the organization.

Hang onto this one guys - No further goodies for you

https://s.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/miss-america-2018-gty-ml-180604_hpEmbed_23x15_992.jpg">

But, the winner will have to compete in Ms Universe which still has a bathing suit competition.

Renee

So you mean to tell me that some short fat lumpy girl like me,  who can speak intelligently about a variety of world and domestic issues, now has a chance against some 5'-8" plastic bimbo who is shilling for Revlon and wishing for world peace?....

HOORRSSESHITTTTT.... ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"So you mean to tell me that some short fat lumpy girl like me,  who can speak intelligently about a variety of world and domestic issues, now has a chance against some 5'-8" plastic bimbo who is shilling for Revlon and wishing for world peace?....

I think beauty is still a big part of the Ms America pageant even without a swimsuit competition.

cc

Go for it Renee. You'd be a shoe in (regardless of shoe size). Perks abound for winners

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Go for it Renee. You'd be a shoe in (regardless of shoe size). Perks abound for winners

Most definitely....I don't want to discourage Renee.

Wazzzup

I haven't watched one of these things in years.  So no big deal to me.  But ratings will go down sharply I predict.

And though a minor one, its another institution that the left has taken over and made in their image.

Men are sexists who like to look at attractive women, and we can't have that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I haven't watched one of these things in years.  So no big deal to me.  But whatever ratings they;re getting will go down sharply I predict.

And though a minor one, its another institution that the left has taken over and made in their image.

Men are sexists who like to look at attractive women, and we can't have that.

If that's true than have fat forty five year broads in sweats and really kill the ratings.

cc

Quote from: "Wazzzup" And though a minor one, its another institution that the left has taken over and made in their image.

That was why  posted it  .... To the left, controlling NO entity is minor ... each  is yet another victory on the way to total control

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Wazzzup" And though a minor one, its another institution that the left has taken over and made in their image.

That was why  posted it  .... To the left, controlling NO entity is minor ... each  is yet another victory on the way to total control

And if they destroy it, that's okay?

cc

Change to "their way" OR destroy  ... Either way it's a win toward their objective to control / to change others / to prevent what THEY judge to be  wrong

Frankly, I see human attraction as a "natural" positive  ... females attractive and interesting to males - and males attractive and interesting to females ... It's all good and has brought the world to where it is now

I shudder to think about how these folk and their sterile environment / neutering will procreate the world

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Change to "their way" OR destroy  ... Either way it's a win toward their objective to control / to change others / to prevent what THEY judge to be  wrong

Frankly, I see human attraction as a "natural" positive  ... females attractive and interesting to males - and males attractive and interesting to females ... It's all good and has brought the world to where it is now

I shudder to think about how these folk and their sterile environment / neutering will procreate the world

Destroy what they can't change to their own beliefs....I see.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"Change to "their way" OR destroy  ... Either way it's a win toward their objective to control / to change others / to prevent what THEY judge to be  wrong

Destroy what they can't change to their own beliefs....I see.

They studied under Josef Goebbels.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"So you mean to tell me that some short fat lumpy girl like me,  who can speak intelligently about a variety of world and domestic issues, now has a chance against some 5'-8" plastic bimbo who is shilling for Revlon and wishing for world peace?....

I think beauty is still a big part of the Ms America pageant even without a swimsuit competition.

Really, you think?... :laugh3:

The whole premise, no matter what that dumb ass, Gretchen Carlson, wants to call it, is a study in the objectification of women.

Carlson is a perfect example of the vacuous pack of dimbulbs who compete in her so called "competition".
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

When I watched Ms America, and it's been many years, it was only for the swimsuits. Take that away and why would any guy watch it. Oh ya, I want to hear their ideas about reducing military tensions on the Korean peninsula. :laugh3: