The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

California Progs Go ALL IN - Each Home Restricted to 55 Gallons of Water a Day - Illegal to Bath and Launder on Same Day

Started by cc, June 07, 2018, 02:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/06/07/tammy-bruce-californias-new-water-rules-are-making-people-flee-golden-state.html">California's new water rules are making people flee the Golden State

As the blog Zero Hedge put it, "it's now against the law to do laundry and shower on the same day in the Sunshine State," and they're not exaggerating. Under the guise of addressing "climate change," the new bill rations water to a degree that makes it impossible to maintain a healthy home environment.

Perhaps the state wants everyone to feel like the drug addicts living in California's ever-expanding homeless tent cities?

Zero Hedge reported, "Assembly Bill 1668 is where it gets personal. This establishes limits on indoor water usage for every person in California and the amount allowed will decrease even further over the next 12 years. 'The bill, until January 1, 2025, would establish 55 gallons per capita daily as the standard for indoor residential water use, beginning January 1, 2025, would establish the greater of 52.5 gallons per capita daily or a standard recommended by the department and the board as the standard for indoor residential water use, and beginning January 1, 2030, would establish the greater of 50 gallons per capita daily or a standard recommended by the department and the board as the standard for indoor residential water use ...'"

To give you perspective on how much water basic chores require, the station noted an eight-minute shower uses about 17 gallons of water, a load of laundry up to 40, and a bathtub can hold 80 to 100 gallons of water.

As the state rations the water of the average of family, making it impossible for everyone to shower and wash clothes, let alone use water to wash the dishes, and perform any myriad of other efforts to keep a home clean and a family healthy, it's the state itself and its crumbling infrastructure that is the biggest waster of water.

In 2014, during the drought, Californians found out what happens when policy focuses on controlling people, which is much easier than actually governing and maintaining infrastructure.

California's water distribution systems lose up to 228 billion gallons a year, the state Department of Water Resources estimates — more than enough to supply the entire city of Los Angeles for a year."
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"lol, and loyal prog supporters, prog politicians etc.

Rich progtards are blatant hypocrites.

Angry White Male

I will assume people that use more than the daily limit will simply just be billed extra?  Kinda like if I go over my monthly internet data cap?

In that case, the rich won't care.  They'll just pay more.  The poor will feel the hit though.

In one way it's good to live where I live.  Plenty of water.  In fact, we don't even use water meters in my municipality.  The entire water use of the municipality is just divided and billed to everyone at the same rate.

Rancidmilko

Unbelievable, California must be taking lessons with Brazoo.

Over here, it's the same with electricity.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I will assume people that use more than the daily limit will simply just be billed extra?  Kinda like if I go over my monthly internet data cap?

In that case, the rich won't care.  They'll just pay more.  The poor will feel the hit though.

In one way it's good to live where I live.  Plenty of water.  In fact, we don't even use water meters in my municipality.  The entire water use of the municipality is just divided and billed to everyone at the same rate.

It says it's against the law. Perhaps there are fines levied. At any rate, California is a shit hole.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"Unbelievable, California must be taking lessons with Brazoo.

Over here, it's the same with electricity.

What does the gubmint do if you go over?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"I will assume people that use more than the daily limit will simply just be billed extra?  Kinda like if I go over my monthly internet data cap?

It says it's against the law. Perhaps there are fines levied. At any rate, California is a shit hole.

Ontario has implemented some painful legislation to over the past fifteen years.