The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

I put the hammer away...

Started by Angry White Male, June 09, 2018, 07:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

...after giving the sight a few taps.  I had a feeling that if I continued, things would end badly.

So I just sucked it up and ordered this tool.  Made and shipped from Seattle, so should arrive relatively quick (assuming customs doesn't fuck around with the mail.)

I hate buying things that only get used once or twice, but it had to be done.  You now, this little miniature 'press' if you will, may very well have some other uses also, but just can't think of them yet.  I'm sure I can use it for something else eventually.

If detached homes here didn't cost 1.5 million, I'd have a basic shop in the back and could make shit like this quite easily myself.  Oh well, it wasn't terribly expensive...

http://i63.tinypic.com/2epr5li.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"...after giving the sight a few taps.  I had a feeling that if I continued, things would end badly.

So I just sucked it up and ordered this tool.  Made and shipped from Seattle, so should arrive relatively quick (assuming customs doesn't fuck around with the mail.)

I hate buying things that only get used once or twice, but it had to be done.  You now, this little miniature 'press' if you will, may very well have some other uses also, but just can't think of them yet.  I'm sure I can use it for something else eventually.

If detached homes here didn't cost 1.5 million, I'd have a basic shop in the back and could make shit like this quite easily myself.  Oh well, it wasn't terribly expensive...

http://i63.tinypic.com/2epr5li.png">

My husband has a garage, part of the basement and a shed full of tools..

He's always making or fixing things.

Angry White Male

I don't have that luxury here...  I have basic tools, but obviously cannot assemble a proper shop-like assembly of things like band saws, presses, etc...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I don't have that luxury here...  I have basic tools, but obviously cannot assemble a proper shop-like assembly of things like band saws, presses, etc...

Even with a fairly large house with a double garage, full basement and a shed, his power tools take up a lot of room.

Angry White Male

Exactly.  If I ever make it to retirement and buy an actual property, a small purpose-built shed/shop in the back would be the ideal solution.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Exactly.  If I ever make it to retirement and buy an actual property, a small purpose-built shed/shop in the back would be the ideal solution.

If that's what you want to do, than you should do that.

Angry White Male

I'm pretty handy, believe it or not.  Many things I can do myself, provided I have access to the proper tools for the job!

Anonymous

I own a two bed/two bath condo. I have squat for tools.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "seoulbro"I own a two bed/two bath condo. I have squat for tools.

I have the basics, but we ain't doing much woodworking, that's for sure!