The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

'Multiple' deaths, suspect caught after reports of shots fired outside Maryland newspaper office

Started by cc, June 28, 2018, 03:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

A suspect was apprehended following reports of shots fired and multiple fatalities in Annapolis, Maryland, Thursday afternoon outside the Capital Gazette newsroom

New story - will be updated on all news networks
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"A suspect was apprehended following reports of shots fired and multiple fatalities in Annapolis, Maryland, Thursday afternoon outside the Capital Gazette newsroom

New story - will be updated on all news networks

:ohmy:

Anonymous

Five people are dead and a suspect is in custody..

The name or motive of the shooter has not been released so far.

cc

No ID nor motive given yet 6pm = 9pm local time

Edit - LOL - we posted together

Frood

Lochdubh at the other place said the shooter lost a lawsuit against the paper a few years ago.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"No ID nor motive given yet 6pm = 9pm local time

Edit - LOL - we posted togehter

Lol, yes we did cc.

:laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Lochdubh at the other place said the shooter lost a lawsuit against the paper a few years ago.

Have they released the suspect's name?

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

Several are saying that NBC says : The shooting suspect's name is JARROD RAMOS. 38 years old. He was identified by multiple law enforcement officials to NBC News.

He had sued the paper in 2012 for defamation. Case was tossed by a judge.

Didn't find confirmation on their website

Not disputing it, but I'll wait for more before accepting that

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Same poster said Jarrod Ramos, aged 38.

Lochdubh is right..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/29/suspect-in-maryland-newspaper-shooting-identified-as-jarrod-ramos.html">https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/29/suspect ... ramos.html">https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/29/suspect-in-maryland-newspaper-shooting-identified-as-jarrod-ramos.html

I just saw on CBC news the police were not releasing the suspect's name or motive.

cc

For what it's worth, CBS says

A Twitter account matching Ramos name with a location of Laurel, Maryland, includes years of tweets railing against Capital Gazette and includes details of a yearslong legal dispute with the company.

According to an unreported 2015 opinion filed in the Maryland Court of Special Appeals, Ramos pleaded guilty to criminal harassment in July 2011. Five days later, an article about the case appeared in The Capital, one of Capital Gazette's publications. The story detailed accusations by a woman who said Ramos harassed her online and off for months, calling her employer and trying to get her fired. The woman eventually went to the police and Ramos pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of harassment in 2011.

The Twitter account that matches Ramos' name began tweeting about Capital Gazette several months after the conviction.

In July 2012, Ramos filed suit against Capital Gazette for defamation, according to the 2015 court filing. The complaint was just four paragraphs long, but Ramos filed a longer 22-page claim several months later.

In 2012, a judge dismissed the lawsuit on the basis that "there is absolutely not one piece of evidence, or an assertion by you that the statement [in the article] was false."

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"For what it's worth, CBS says

A Twitter account matching Ramos name with a location of Laurel, Maryland, includes years of tweets railing against Capital Gazette and includes details of a yearslong legal dispute with the company.

According to an unreported 2015 opinion filed in the Maryland Court of Special Appeals, Ramos pleaded guilty to criminal harassment in July 2011. Five days later, an article about the case appeared in The Capital, one of Capital Gazette's publications. The story detailed accusations by a woman who said Ramos harassed her online and off for months, calling her employer and trying to get her fired. The woman eventually went to the police and Ramos pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of harassment in 2011.

The Twitter account that matches Ramos' name began tweeting about Capital Gazette several months after the conviction.

In July 2012, Ramos filed suit against Capital Gazette for defamation, according to the 2015 court filing. The complaint was just four paragraphs long, but Ramos filed a longer 22-page claim several months later.

In 2012, a judge dismissed the lawsuit on the basis that "there is absolutely not one piece of evidence, or an assertion by you that the statement [in the article] was false."

Thank you cc.

cc

If true, amazing one could carry a grudge so long

And damage his fingers to conceal identity ... like what a goofball formerly on the loose

Pic according to CBS

https://cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2018/06/29/c702eced-96f4-403d-bb22-5206515446c0/resize/620x/a5738f4bdf8e6f2ae0cd0be7eef5bbee/jarrod-ramos.jpg">

He carried no identification and had damaged his finger tips in an apparent effort to thwart identification by law enforcement, sources said.

Authorities resorted to using facial recognition software and comparing his face to databases of passports and driver's license photos.