The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Do you know who this is?

Started by Angry White Male, June 30, 2018, 11:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

She was just asking. Be patent and a gentleman ... seems I saw you just post on being a gentle female ... do the male part of that

It certainly was a stunner - best I have seen for first suspicion on trouble ... then, Oh, Oh .. realization that trouble IS coming ...   slow building of terror in the minds of the men and the audience

The great acting made the writing work to the hilt
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Some. The country folk intend to kill the 4  ..... it's more a psychodrama planting a building fear in the mind as it goes along

Been a while since I have watched it so I don't recall it all, but I do recall it left me quiet at the end .... feeling "like wow"

What a classic movie. :thumbup:

cc

The term classic is often overused but Deliverance stands well above the wannabes as a "true" classic and also revolutionary
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

For the record, although Ronny Cox knew a few chords on the guitar, Billy Redden didn't play at all.  The players you are actually hearing on the soundtrack are Steve Mandell (guitar) and Eric Weissberg (banjo.)  Both of them had forgotten that they were quoting a 1954 record by Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith, so Weissberg took the writing credit.  When the song was released as a single and became a chart topper, Smith heard it and sued, winning both credit and royalties.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Peaches"For the record, although Ronny Cox knew a few chords on the guitar, Billy Redden didn't play at all.  The players you are actually hearing on the soundtrack are Steve Mandell (guitar) and Eric Weissberg (banjo.)  Both of them had forgotten that they were quoting a 1954 record by Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith, so Weissberg took the writing credit.  When the song was released as a single and became a chart topper, Smith heard it and sued, winning both credit and royalties.

Correct.  They had actually set up some of the scene where the 'real' banjo player was located directly behind Billy with his arms extending forward to play the banjo, but making it look like they were Billy's arms...

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"The term classic is often overused but Deliverance stands well above the wannabes as a "true" classic and also revolutionary

I'll watch it if I get the chance.

realgrimm

realgrimm

"So why don't you just drop them pants"

"Drop?"

"Drop...Take 'em right off"

Angry White Male

Chubby got raped in the bum-bum...    :sad:

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm""So why don't you just drop them pants"

"Drop?"

"Drop...Take 'em right off"

:ohmy:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Peaches"For the record, although Ronny Cox knew a few chords on the guitar, Billy Redden didn't play at all.  The players you are actually hearing on the soundtrack are Steve Mandell (guitar) and Eric Weissberg (banjo.)  Both of them had forgotten that they were quoting a 1954 record by Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith, so Weissberg took the writing credit.  When the song was released as a single and became a chart topper, Smith heard it and sued, winning both credit and royalties.

Correct.  They had actually set up some of the scene where the 'real' banjo player was located directly behind Billy with his arms extending forward to play the banjo, but making it look like they were Billy's arms...

Right, but it wasn't Weissberg, just some actor who sorta knew the banjo.  And he put his left arm into Billy's shirt sleeve so it looked like it was Billy's arm.  But even so, some of the left hand work on the banjo is wrong, and the whole thing is not really synched very well.

Angry White Male

I play guitar myself, and it is very easy for people that do play to spot real vs fake instantly...  I can understand from a production viewpoint that it may not always be possible to bring in someone that can actually play, especially when it's a piece like "dueling banjos."  The majority of the audience would not know the difference anyhow...