The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

4 kids rescued from Thai cave!

Started by Bricktop, July 09, 2018, 02:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

"I was confident of getting the kid out, I wasn't 100% confident of getting him out alive." British diver Jason Mallinson risked his life in the #ThaiCaveRescue to save the boys...his story tonight on @4corners

"The probability of success was about as low as you can get," US Mission Commander Major Charles Hodges said.

"I was fully expecting that we would accept casualties. Maybe three, four, possibly five would die."

For the dangerous three-hour long journey, each of the children was sedated to stop him from panicking. The rescue was so dangerous the Australian Government negotiated immunity from Thai authorities for any Australians involved in the sedation of the children in case anything went wrong.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/07/17/terrifying-details-thai-cave-rescue-revealed-by-divers.html">The journey was broken up into nine sections and expert British divers were responsible for bringing them through the most complicated spots, using guide lines to help them navigate the passageways.

"We'd submerge with the kid. And depending how the line laid, we'd either have them on the right-hand side or the left-hand side, either holding their back or holding their chest," Mallinson said.

"I had to have the lad really close to me because if you didn't, you were bashing his head against the rocks," he said.

"If we bashed him against a rock too hard and it dislodged that mask and flooded his mask, he was a goner. So that's why we had to be very slow and careful about not banging them against rocks."

Instead Mallinson said he extended his head above the boy's so that his head hit the rocks instead.

"The visibility was that bad, you couldn't see the rock until you actually hit it," he said.

Two divers were assigned to each child so that at least one was always holding on to the child.

Australian diver Harris, assessed the children at different stages of the operation to ensure they were ok to continue.

"Without him, we wouldn't have been able to do what we did," Mallinson said. "His bedside manner when he was there with the kids and that, talking to them, calming them down and stuff like that.

"So yeah, he was the, the linchpin of the operation."

While it's been reported that Dr Harris also decided which children came out first, fellow Aussie diver Callen said this wasn't true. He said it was the decision of the boys, coach and Thai Navy SEALs who were with them. The group was told about the operation and they decided who came out first.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/07/17/terrifying-details-thai-cave-rescue-revealed-by-divers.html">The journey was broken up into nine sections and expert British divers were responsible for bringing them through the most complicated spots, using guide lines to help them navigate the passageways.

"We'd submerge with the kid. And depending how the line laid, we'd either have them on the right-hand side or the left-hand side, either holding their back or holding their chest," Mallinson said.

"I had to have the lad really close to me because if you didn't, you were bashing his head against the rocks," he said.

"If we bashed him against a rock too hard and it dislodged that mask and flooded his mask, he was a goner. So that's why we had to be very slow and careful about not banging them against rocks."

Instead Mallinson said he extended his head above the boy's so that his head hit the rocks instead.

"The visibility was that bad, you couldn't see the rock until you actually hit it," he said.

Two divers were assigned to each child so that at least one was always holding on to the child.

Australian diver Harris, assessed the children at different stages of the operation to ensure they were ok to continue.

"Without him, we wouldn't have been able to do what we did," Mallinson said. "His bedside manner when he was there with the kids and that, talking to them, calming them down and stuff like that.

"So yeah, he was the, the linchpin of the operation."

While it's been reported that Dr Harris also decided which children came out first, fellow Aussie diver Callen said this wasn't true. He said it was the decision of the boys, coach and Thai Navy SEALs who were with them. The group was told about the operation and they decided who came out first.

They are heroes.

Bricktop

A true example of real courage. Not like those that kick balls around grass, or pretend to be superhuman in movies.

cc

Quote from: "Bricktop"A true example of real courage. ....

" real courage" to a very high degree ... from start to finish and for everyone involved .. and from all angles

Together they did what was essentially  impossible to do at least so far as getting "everyone of them" out alive

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Bricktop"A true example of real courage. ....

" real courage" to a very high degree ... from start to finish and for everyone involved .. and from all angles

Together they did what was essentially  impossible to do at least so far as getting "everyone of them" out alive

They are pedos. Sick joke, they proved their bravery.

caskur

Those divers got those kids out.... they thought they were going to be dead... they thought they'd lose 30-50% of them during the journey out.

One little bump of their full face masks and the boys would drown.... That is how worried they were. One tiny mistake and it was all over red rover!~
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

The finnish diver said that it wasnt as bad as the media portrays it..

He said the dives were short and there were plenty of air pockets if something went wrong.

caskur

He's an idiot then... the fact that one experienced navy seal person died during the rescue course, proves it wasn't a safe journey.

I watched the documentary on the guys on ground zero and the words that came out of THEIR mouths.

One knock of those face masks on those kids meant instant death. The actual guys carrying them through the narrow passages could not even see the gap through the mud... those diving rescuers were bumping their heads on rocks the whole way.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Those divers got those kids out.... they thought they were going to be dead... they thought they'd lose 30-50% of them during the journey out.

One little bump of their full face masks and the boys would drown.... That is how worried they were. One tiny mistake and it was all over red rover!~

:ohmy:

caskur

What that collective group did was miraculous and should never be diminished or understated in any way.

That was an historical event.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

And when the last guys were coming out, one pump had broken and the cave was filling up with water and they just escaped with their own lives with mere minutes to spare..
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"And when the last guys were coming out, one pump had broken and the cave was filling up with water and they just escaped with their own lives with mere minutes to spare..

That was close.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"And when the last guys were coming out, one pump had broken and the cave was filling up with water and they just escaped with their own lives with mere minutes to spare..

That was close.

We had coverage 24/7 on the event.... But things were clarified and cleared up in the Four Corners special, (and excellent piece of 56 minutes of TV)... I thought about filming some of it and posting it on my YT channel for our North American friends but I'm running out of space on my PC. There are no transcripts either which is annoying. If Bricktop watches it, he might write up some interesting facts of the event.
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

Quote from: "caskur"He's an idiot then... the fact that one experienced navy seal person died during the rescue course, proves it wasn't a safe journey.

I watched the documentary on the guys on ground zero and the words that came out of THEIR mouths.

One knock of those face masks on those kids meant instant death. The actual guys carrying them through the narrow passages could not even see the gap through the mud... those diving rescuers were bumping their heads on rocks the whole way.

THAI navy seal...

People fall off cliffs while taking selfies... Experienced selfie takers..

Everything is dangerous when you are stupid.

The diver died because he ran out of oxygen.

Only one section of that cave was entirely flooded... And they pulled a line to follow..

The mask has a nozzle which you put in your mouth.. You can breathe even when the mask is flooded.