The best topic

Replies: 10494
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:33:23 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Australian Birds

Started by caskur, July 14, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I've seen many. But photographing them is a different thing.

The are fast, flitty, and very shy.

Like hummingbirds.

caskur

I think Superb Fairy-wrens and Splendid Fairy-wrens must be the same bird.

It's all very confusing.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"I think Superb Fairy-wrens and Splendid Fairy-wrens must be the same bird.

It's all very confusing.

Superb, splendid, they are beautiful.

caskur

I just looked it up... mine are actually Splendid Fairy-wrens... UGH.

I have to change all posts now.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"I just looked it up... mine are actually Splendid Fairy-wrens... UGH.

I have to change all posts now.

That's not necessary.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I've seen many. But photographing them is a different thing.

Like hummingbirds.

Much the same, I suspect.

However, most nature photographers have the advantage of being able to either predict or lure hummingbirds by either positioning near flowers or setting flowers up as bait.

Wrens don't seem to have any discipline or habit. They just fly around.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Like hummingbirds.

Much the same, I suspect.

However, most nature photographers have the advantage of being able to either predict or lure hummingbirds by either positioning near flowers or setting flowers up as bait.

Wrens don't seem to have any discipline or habit. They just fly around.

Seems common among small birds.

Bricktop

It is, but wrens are especially hard because they are very small, stick to shadows, move fast and are never still.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"It is, but wrens are especially hard because they are very small, stick to shadows, move fast and are never still.

Exactly right.

If you try a single shot... you get this...lol
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

And that's if you're lucky.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"And that's if you're lucky.

lol.... I'm pretty sure they were using ME as a safety pole... The other birds keep their distance. I should have taken a Macdonalds cheese burger and feed the birds who like meat... people claim their diet is raw meat which is true enough but I've never seen a piece of cooked mince kill any bird yet.
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"

lol.... I'm pretty sure they were using ME as a safety pole... The other birds keep their distance. I should have taken a Macdonalds cheese burger and feed the birds who like meat... people claim their diet is raw meat which is true enough but I've never seen a piece of cooked mince kill any bird yet.

Kookaburras go ape sht for bacon, grilled or cold.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

They like salty cured meat.

caskur

And KFC...lol
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

And KFC...lol

Shen Li must be part kookaburra.

:laugh: