The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Trudeau wants to put illegal immigrants in hotels Also loses track of thousands of syrian refugees

Started by Wazzzup, July 25, 2018, 03:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

With the exception of some things Trump has done, there are no leaders in Western Europe, North America or Australia/New Zealand that are working for the interests of average working people. They all have their strings pulled by rich progs who want mass immigration of third worlders and climate change insanity.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I don't know where these accolade's come from.

He's ridiculed here.

Believe it or not.

Trudeau and Merkel, most respected global leaders; Trump and Putin, with highest disapproval

http://en.mercopress.com/2018/01/24/trudeau-and-merkel-most-respected-global-leaders-trump-and-putin-with-highest-disapproval">http://en.mercopress.com/2018/01/24/tru ... isapproval">http://en.mercopress.com/2018/01/24/trudeau-and-merkel-most-respected-global-leaders-trump-and-putin-with-highest-disapproval
Its sad that so many people are so stupid.  Makes me think the western world is headed for serious trouble.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

He's ridiculed here.

Believe it or not.

Trudeau and Merkel, most respected global leaders; Trump and Putin, with highest disapproval

http://en.mercopress.com/2018/01/24/trudeau-and-merkel-most-respected-global-leaders-trump-and-putin-with-highest-disapproval">http://en.mercopress.com/2018/01/24/tru ... isapproval">http://en.mercopress.com/2018/01/24/trudeau-and-merkel-most-respected-global-leaders-trump-and-putin-with-highest-disapproval
Its sad that so many people are so stupid.  Makes me think the western world is headed for serious trouble.

We are already there.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"With the exception of some things Trump has done, there are no leaders in Western Europe, North America or Australia/New Zealand that are working for the interests of average working people. They all have their strings pulled by rich progs who want mass immigration of third worlders and climate change insanity.
Very True.

I'm reading the strange death of Europe and all throughout it talks about the ruling class ignoring the people's views on immigration.

Some problems with democracy-

1. Often times oliticians can ignore majorities that are not that adamant and instead cater to more adamant minorities and be more successful as a politicians.  This harms "majority rule"

2. There are too many issues involved--politicians control: taxes, regulations, immigration, social programs, schools, healthcare, crime policies and a whole lot more.  There are so many issues at stake.  if a politician is against the public on a popular issue or two, they can often make it up elsewhere.

3. The left is incredibly good at bullying people into submission, especially with the race card--so almost all mainstream politicians are too frightened to run on a platform that limits immigration.

4. Big money donors have much more say in how things are run than the average citizen voter.

5. the media is controlled by the left in every one of those countries, and the media have enormous power and influence over what people think.

I have no real answer to all of it, other than I think there should be more direct democracy like the Brexit referendum.  I generally trust the people more than the politicians.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"With the exception of some things Trump has done, there are no leaders in Western Europe, North America or Australia/New Zealand that are working for the interests of average working people. They all have their strings pulled by rich progs who want mass immigration of third worlders and climate change insanity.
Very True.

I'm reading the strange death of Europe and all throughout it talks about the ruling class ignoring the people's views on immigration.

Some problems with democracy-

1. Often times oliticians can ignore majorities that are not that adamant and instead cater to more adamant minorities and be more successful as a politicians.  This harms "majority rule"

2. There are too many issues involved--politicians control: taxes, regulations, immigration, social programs, schools, healthcare, crime policies and a whole lot more.  There are so many issues at stake.  if a politician is against the public on a popular issue or two, they can often make it up elsewhere.

3. The left is incredibly good at bullying people into submission, especially with the race card--so almost all mainstream politicians are too frightened to run on a platform that limits immigration.

4. Big money donors have much more say in how things are run than the average citizen voter.

5. the media is controlled by the left in every one of those countries, and the media have enormous power and influence over what people think.

I have no real answer to all of it, other than I think there should be more direct democracy like the Brexit referendum.  I generally trust the people more than the politicians.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything. I got to read that book.

Bricktop

We do not live in a democracy. It is a benign dictatorship where we get to choose our own dictator...within very strict limits.

We do not select our politicians. They are pre-selected by political parties, or in the case of the US, by donors. Neither is less corrupt than the other. In Australia, the left is in effect the party of trade unions (ditto the UK), and the right relies on the largesse of private enterprise. Neither donors give money without expectation.

Politicians have evolved into a belief that they are elected to do our choosing for us. They believe that our vote for them is a tacit approval for ANY decision they may make.

Pressure groups are organised into applying influence out of the reach of the majority of citizens.

In Australia, we have compulsory voting. On the plus side, Governments can rightfully claim a "majority"...but this is of seats, not voters (like the US, the UK and other fragmented electorates). On the negative, it guarantees that alternative parties have no chance of gaining power. Thus we live in a duopoloy...a two party dictatorship.

Our system has created a political class, that includes politicians, their parties, the bureacracy, the judiciary and the education system. This class is insular, arrogant and unwilling to accept that they commit errors.

There can be no change to the current flawed system from within the system. Only an outraged, disconnected and ignored populace can force a new system upon the political elite.

The "resistance" in the US (to Trump) may well have pushed us all onto the slippery slope of chaos and conflict. They have lowered the bar in relation to acceptance of the election process, and when their poster child gets elected, those on the right will reciprocate.

Politics divides us by being an adversarial system that is unsustainable. Partisan loyalty overrides the greater good. Without unity, we are weaker and susceptible to more unified non-political groups (religions) taking control.

Anonymous

I have never put any faith in politicians to do what is best for my family. That is the responsibility of my husband and I.

Bricktop

Berry Sweet

What's the point of being obedient when the law just fucks you?  

Somethings gotta give...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Politicians do what's best for POLITICIANS.

Yes, I agree..

My father was very active in the Taiwan democratization and localization movement many decades ago for which he was imprisoned..

Surprisingly he was indifferent to politics in Canada and Taiwan too after it became a Western style democracy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"We do not live in a democracy. It is a benign dictatorship where we get to choose our own dictator...within very strict limits.

We do not select our politicians. They are pre-selected by political parties, or in the case of the US, by donors. Neither is less corrupt than the other. In Australia, the left is in effect the party of trade unions (ditto the UK), and the right relies on the largesse of private enterprise. Neither donors give money without expectation.

Politicians have evolved into a belief that they are elected to do our choosing for us. They believe that our vote for them is a tacit approval for ANY decision they may make.

Pressure groups are organised into applying influence out of the reach of the majority of citizens.

In Australia, we have compulsory voting. On the plus side, Governments can rightfully claim a "majority"...but this is of seats, not voters (like the US, the UK and other fragmented electorates). On the negative, it guarantees that alternative parties have no chance of gaining power. Thus we live in a duopoloy...a two party dictatorship.

Our system has created a political class, that includes politicians, their parties, the bureacracy, the judiciary and the education system. This class is insular, arrogant and unwilling to accept that they commit errors.

There can be no change to the current flawed system from within the system. Only an outraged, disconnected and ignored populace can force a new system upon the political elite.

The "resistance" in the US (to Trump) may well have pushed us all onto the slippery slope of chaos and conflict. They have lowered the bar in relation to acceptance of the election process, and when their poster child gets elected, those on the right will reciprocate.

Politics divides us by being an adversarial system that is unsustainable. Partisan loyalty overrides the greater good. Without unity, we are weaker and susceptible to more unified non-political groups (religions) taking control.

Unity, give me a frickin break. Progs control the mass media, they are in control of bureaucracies, they control the educational system, they control organized labor, and despite contrary claims by progs themselves they control corporate boardrooms. The only unity is total surrender by us sheeple.

Lance Leftardashian

I care, you pay

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"These Syrian victims deserve our help. We must do more for them.

Just raise our taxes and give all the new revenue to scam refugees.

Anonymous

[size=150]Justine's Open Border Policy Serves No One.[/size]

The Liberal government wants us to think they have a plan to deal with the illegal border crisis.

in reality, they won't even call it a crisis and warehousing refugees in seedy motel rooms isn't much of a plan. Nevertheless, cabinet ministers met tuesday before an emergency House of Commons immigration committee meeting to discuss the issue.

one of the key consequences of Prime Minister Justin trudeau's open borders policy is the strain put on social services in communities they migrate to — primarily toronto and Montreal, for now.

toronto Mayor John tory revealed weeks ago that hundreds of asylum seekers staying in college dorms will need to be booted out in August when students return. The city has wisely rejected housing them in community centres.

The feds just revealed they'll instead pony up the costs for housing refugee claimants in hotel rooms once they leave the dorms.

This is a far more acceptable solution than placing them in community gyms. it's also an appallingly poor and temporary solution.

And yet this is pretty much all the federal Liberals have proposed.

Public safety Minister ralph Goodale and others were on hand tuesday to answer questions about what they would do to assist migrants who cross illegally into Canada and jump the asylum application queue, but did little to explain how they would stop the flow across the border.

when Bill Blair, the new Minister of Border security and organized Crime, was asked which agencies reported to him, he could not answer. His post thus appears toothless.

Canada's immigration system has until now been the envy of the world. This is largely because it is a controlled and fair system based on bringing in a mix of economic class immigrants alongside refugees in serious and genuine need. integrating refugees is a complex, costly and difficult undertaking. trudeau should have thought about that before making his #welcometocanada tweet.

if thousands continue to randomly cross the border, it undermines our entire immigration system and condems those seeking our help to motel refugee camps. Not the welcome they perhaps expected. The Liberals need to understand the cost and implications of their open border and take responsibility for those they've allowed into this country.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

He's ridiculed here.

Believe it or not.

We are already there.

^^ yep