Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Active Shooter: America Under Fire

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 06, 2018, 06:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

I only have basic cable, since I refuse to pay more simply just for more junk programming, but I do have CraveTV which I will occasionally watch.

Showtime has a newer documentary series called "Active Shooter: America Under Fire" that I have been watching through CraveTV.

The episodes are actually very well done.  There are no paid actors, and there are no politics or propaganda... it is simply kept to the very basics of what happened.  Most of the episode consists of dialogue by the first responders, as well as the victims and witnesses.  The shooter is never glorified, but some episodes do give some insight into the shooters frame of mind by interviews with friends and family, as well as law enforcement personnel.  

911 recordings, as well as cell phone vid footage and police vest and dash cam footage make ample appearance.  Minor facts that wouldn't even be mentioned in the crap the media spits out are included here.

I don't think I've seen a better job done than this, in bringing one as 'up close and personal' to these tragedies as this series has.  It manages to 'put a face' on all involved in a way that you just couldn't do with a printed article.

caskur

No, I don't think these shows do anything except encourage copycats.

There would be a certain sector that would love shows like this and want to star in one themselves.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"No, I don't think these shows do anything except encourage copycats.

There would be a certain sector that would love shows like this a want to star in one themselves.

ac_umm

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"No, I don't think these shows do anything except encourage copycats.

There would be a certain sector that would love shows like this a want to star in one themselves.

ac_umm

Don't you like my comment?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

The shooters love everything about the incidence... the chaos they cause especially. It's part of it.

Ivan Milat (Australia's Backpacker murderer) was caught laughing on the jail's phone when the Russians were firing on Muzzies in the Ukraine. The mass murderers and serial killers are a breed unto themselves and "normal" people can never fathom their characters.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_umm

Don't you like my comment?

Absolutely caskur, it makes me think about what you wrote.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Bricktop

The last sentence of the synopsis is rather telling;

"The results are powerful, eye-opening, and hopefully change-inducing."

Gee...someone else wants to see a change in firearms management.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"I only have basic cable, since I refuse to pay more simply just for more junk programming, but I do have CraveTV which I will occasionally watch.

Showtime has a newer documentary series called "Active Shooter: America Under Fire" that I have been watching through CraveTV.

The episodes are actually very well done.  There are no paid actors, and there are no politics or propaganda... it is simply kept to the very basics of what happened.  Most of the episode consists of dialogue by the first responders, as well as the victims and witnesses.  The shooter is never glorified, but some episodes do give some insight into the shooters frame of mind by interviews with friends and family, as well as law enforcement personnel.  

911 recordings, as well as cell phone vid footage and police vest and dash cam footage make ample appearance.  Minor facts that wouldn't even be mentioned in the crap the media spits out are included here.

I don't think I've seen a better job done than this, in bringing one as 'up close and personal' to these tragedies as this series has.  It manages to 'put a face' on all involved in a way that you just couldn't do with a printed article.

I've seen it once. It's worth watching.

cc

Not into first responder talk and shooting and victim families etc in general, but am interested in how wonky minds work.

While fictional, if one has interest in the vile minds of psychopaths, the Series "Mr Mercedes" is well done.

It's from the story written by Stephen Wolf

You say 911 communications, Mel .. . was that just a part of one episode ... and other episodes are about different psychos, or what??

Here's how Showtime itself describes the series  .. .which I guess answers my questions
QuoteWhether due to acts of terrorism, hate, or mental instability, mass shootings have become all too commonplace. This documentary series examines this disturbing phenomenon from the points of view of victims, family members, emergency medical workers and first responders, who bravely risk their own lives in the face of grave danger. Each episode recounts a specific incident using archival footage and in-depth interviews to shine a spotlight on the traumatic events and their aftermath. The results are powerful, eye-opening, and hopefully change-inducing.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

One thing you can be damn sure of...Tv series are a rather poor source of understanding of "psychopaths".

In reality they are rather dull people, capable of astonishing evil.

cc

true enough ... I would expect most are quite dull interacting with the public and when not thinking psycho

Some minds are capable of so much evil .. and little else

Bricktop

The first psycho I ran into had just butchered his wife, whom he loved and had been married to for many years.

It was not a crime of passion, but of evil madness.

He could not understand what the fuss was all about, because he was commanded by the Devil himself to release his wife from his grasp.

He was proud and happy, jovial and relaxed.

THAT was pure evil.

cc

Bricktop

And scarier than anything you will have ever experienced.

cc