Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Active Shooter: America Under Fire

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 06, 2018, 06:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"And that's how you made your fortune, right, Ace?

So you could travel the world to "visit" female forum members.

Sleazy little prick.

I'm a sleazy person because I generalized what the miner's rights are in Australia?  :001_rolleyes:
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

We have no rules in place that really regulate panning, as long as you just use pan and shovel.  Obviously you're to avoid private property, avoid an area that has been claimed, and ask the Injuns for permission before panning on their land...  but that's just common sense anyhow.

Otherwise, just grab your pan and shovel and hit the creek!  Long gun for defense is optional...

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"We have no rules in place that really regulate panning, as long as you just use pan and shovel.  Obviously you're to avoid private property, avoid an area that has been claimed, and ask the Injuns for permission before panning on their land...

Seems fair enough.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

As someone that has panned around here before, I can tell you that you'd be lucky to even find enough flakes that would cover the cost of fuel to drive to creek!

Most of the big nugs were mined long ago.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Sleazy little prick.

I'm a sleazy person because I generalized what the miner's rights are in Australia?  :001_rolleyes:

No.

You're a sleazy person because you talk crap and prey on forum females.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"

As someone that has panned around here before, I can tell you that you'd be lucky to even find enough flakes that would cover the cost of fuel to drive to creek!

As is the case in Victoria. Used to be a big gold mining State back in the day, but not enough now to be bothered...and if there is, big mining companies have leased the area anyway.

There's certainly gold around...but as in your case, not enough to bother with.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Sleazy little prick.

No.

You're a sleazy person because you talk crap and prey on forum females.

:001_rolleyes:  ac_boring

Look in a mirror.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

No need.

I've not "visited" anyone in ANY forum. Ever.

Chuck Bronson

It's really little more than just an excuse to get out into the bush for a while, especially if you have kids and want something to do to kill an afternoon or something...

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"It's really little more than just an excuse to get out into the bush for a while, especially if you have kids and want something to do to kill an afternoon or something...

We haven't hunted for a number of years because of Australia's Big Government Police State rabid phobia about firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens but we still go camping quite regularly and teach the kids archery. They know how to shoot.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"

My state of Victoria still has plenty of gold and gemstones but it takes perseverance as a fossicker to find them by hand.

Fortunately, a 10 year miner's right cost virtually nothing and covers everything except a buried treasure (which the greedy State c*nts claim as their property, if you declare it)  ac_smile
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Fortunately, a 10 year miner's right cost virtually nothing and covers everything except a buried treasure (which the greedy State c*nts claim as their property, if you declare it)  ac_smile

Screw the State!  Finders keepers...

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Bricktop"So, no. Generally speaking, you may not carry a firearm for the purpose of protection against wild animals.

I can understand this from the Australian perspective.  Canada permits this essentially due to bears, and that won't ever change!  And we have all the bears in BC...  From smaller Blacks to Grizzlies...  Attacks are rare, but bears are not!  The odd black has even wandered into downtown Vancouver...  I don't know how the fuck they even manage to get there without being noticed, other than swimming across the Fraser at night!  

Vancouver Island and Queen Charlotte Island is Grizzly free historically, but those fuckers have swam across the Pacific to get there!  They are quickly removed when found.

They aren't an issue, generally.  Most bears (other than Polar Bears, which have no natural fear of anything) have a fear of humans, and will not want anything to do with you.  This is how it should be.

Nonetheless, there are times when bears can become desperate, or when they become too accustomed to humans, that they can become a problem.  And don't even think about wandering around if you see a lone cub...  

They generally don't want anything to do with people, but if they do for whatever reason, you're as good as fucked.  If you live, you'll most likely have life-changing injuries...

Chuck Bronson

There's also Cougars here, even in Metro Van...  Very rare in the city, but I have seen one with my own eyes at night chasing a Raccoon!

While Cougars aren't a huge threat to adults, they've been known to be attracted to little kids, with their small stature and shrill, high pitched voices!    :laugh:

Frood

Most of our neighbours have shotguns and have had to kill snakes to stop their dogs from getting bit. A cornered snake and an enthusiastic pup isn't generally a great outcome, especially in summer.
Blahhhhhh...