Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

An example of news bias.

Started by Bricktop, August 08, 2018, 10:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

The BBC is the UK's version of CNN. Further left than Marx, and as biased as a lawn bowling ball.

This is on their GLOBAL news service as a headline story.

"A US woman arrested after speeding through a stop sign asked police to let her off because she is "a clean, thoroughbred white girl", officers say."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45119326">//https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45119326

It goes on to say

"The officer's report stated: "Making statements such as these as a means to justify not being arrested are unusual in my experience as a law enforcement officer and I believe further demonstrate the suspect's level of intoxication."

When she was pulled over, Ms Cutshaw's blood alcohol level registered at 0.18% - the legal limit is 0.08% - and she failed sobriety tests.

Her eyes were bloodshot and glassy and she was slurring her words, police say.

She reportedly told officers she only drank two glasses of wine at an upmarket restaurant, saying: "I mean, I was celebrating my birthday."

Police also found marijuana and related paraphernalia in her car. According to the report, Ms Cutshaw said she "may have" smoked earlier that evening.
"

In effect, the ramblings of a drunk and stoned white person becomes a global news item because she is WHITE!!!

If a black person had said to a black officer that he should be released because he's black that wouldn't be news. That would be an every day occurrence. Trust me. I know.

But the BBC sees this as yet another opportunity to embarrass white people with a total beat up of a drunken rant.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The BBC is the UK's version of CNN. Further left than Marx, and as biased as a lawn bowling ball.

This is on their GLOBAL news service as a headline story.

"A US woman arrested after speeding through a stop sign asked police to let her off because she is "a clean, thoroughbred white girl", officers say."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45119326">//https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45119326

It goes on to say

"The officer's report stated: "Making statements such as these as a means to justify not being arrested are unusual in my experience as a law enforcement officer and I believe further demonstrate the suspect's level of intoxication."

When she was pulled over, Ms Cutshaw's blood alcohol level registered at 0.18% - the legal limit is 0.08% - and she failed sobriety tests.

Her eyes were bloodshot and glassy and she was slurring her words, police say.

She reportedly told officers she only drank two glasses of wine at an upmarket restaurant, saying: "I mean, I was celebrating my birthday."

Police also found marijuana and related paraphernalia in her car. According to the report, Ms Cutshaw said she "may have" smoked earlier that evening.
"

In effect, the ramblings of a drunk and stoned white person becomes a global news item because she is WHITE!!!

If a black person had said to a black officer that he should be released because he's black that wouldn't be news. That would be an every day occurrence. Trust me. I know.

But the BBC sees this as yet another opportunity to embarrass white people with a total beat up of a drunken rant.

She's an impaired driver who said some silly things..

But, I don't see it as international news.

ac_unsure

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The BBC does.

I disagree with the BBC.

Bricktop

Many do.

But its a publically funded media giant.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Many do.

So, is our CBC.

Thiel

Quote from: "Herman"I saw that on MSN news.

That is hardly surprising.
gay, conservative and proud

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"The BBC does.
they aren't the only ones--Google search shows At least 83 different news outlets carrying the story.  Eighty F*ing three

You certainly nailed the reason why.  Because she implied she should get off because she's white.

This will naturally be conflated to be the attitude of all white people, who of course are all privileged racists, who believe that they should not have to obey laws minorities have to obey.

Without that angle, its just one of thousands of DUI cases that no news source would ever pay attention to. the media/prog war on white people continues.

Wazzzup

Just to show the sheer volume of coverage for this ridiculous non-story thus far (Google news  search for "clean white girl")

https://ibb.co/c3L6WU">

Bricktop

Exactly.

A crude beat up to service a political agenda.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Many do.

So, is our CBC.

So is our ABC. They report completely biased rubbish but insist they're just bringing the facts.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Kind of like you pretending to be a female, eh, Aaron?

Frood

Are you still clinging to that wildly unhinged Alex Jones styled theory about my RL identity?  :laugh3:
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop