The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

An example of news bias.

Started by Bricktop, August 08, 2018, 10:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Onus isn't on me to disprove your ridiculous assertions.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Just to show the sheer volume of coverage for this ridiculous non-story thus far (Google news  search for "clean white girl")

https://ibb.co/c3L6WU">

What little respect I had for the press is  quickly disappearing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Exactly.

A crude beat up to service a political agenda.

This would not have been local news let alone international news if she had not mentioned she is white. Prog media feeds off of this.

cc

"Absolute Proof" that ALL whites are bastards.

How could that not be international news?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Wazzzup

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
===

"The officer's report stated: "Making statements such as these as a means to justify not being arrested are unusual in my experience as a law enforcement officer and I believe further demonstrate the suspect's level of intoxication."

When she was pulled over, Ms Cutshaw's blood alcohol level registered at 0.18% - the legal limit is 0.08% - and she failed sobriety tests.

Her eyes were bloodshot and glassy and she was slurring her words, police say.

She reportedly told officers she only drank two glasses of wine at an upmarket restaurant, saying: "I mean, I was celebrating my birthday."

Police also found marijuana and related paraphernalia in her car. According to the report, Ms Cutshaw said she "may have" smoked earlier that evening.
"

In effect, the ramblings of a drunk and stoned white person becomes a global news item because she is WHITE!!!

===

But the BBC sees this as yet another opportunity to embarrass white people with a total beat up of a drunken rant.

===

I spent some time yesterday musing on the immense popularity of this story and trying to understand its wide coverage.  I don't propose to argue with your spin on the story having to do with media bias, although I think you're kind of over the top with it.

No, I'm only replying to shed some anthropological light on it.

You see, Bluffton, SC is not like the Southern Piedmont that lies east of the Appalachians.  It's in a fairly narrow strip of the Atlantic coastal plain that is simply NOT part of the "New South."  And it's not quite far enough south to be part of Cracker Land.  It's a place that time simply has forgotten, a Lowcountry relic of the Old South only with no money whatsoever.  For five of the last six decades it's been a gas station / hole in the road on the nice highway connecting Hilton Head Island to Interstate 95, and one of the last iconic Coastal Villages of the Old South....but since the turn of the century it's grown from 1200 souls to nearly 20,000 with a lot of cultural shock.

Twenty years ago Bluffton was about 93% White, and now it's only about 70% White.  Twenty years ago it was a place cheap enough for all the service workers with jobs on HHI to be able to live, so during the 40 year HHI boom those service workers came to live in Beaufort County and the culture has changed.

Hell, it used to be sufficient in Beaufort County to beat a DUI arrest by batting your eyelashes at the officer and BEING WHITE.  This girl probably figured it was worth a try.  I once knew a few women personally who pulled it off, a few decades back.  But evidently this cop was an import...a newcomer to that old culture, and as documented in the original story it's HIS REACTION that caused this to become interesting.  I seriously doubt that anyone in the Lowcountry even raised an eyebrow when the original story broke.

But to a stunning number of people from other parts, it's a riveting moment.  Like turning over a rock and finding some sort of weird insect under it.  

It's almost like discovering a hidden Bogan colony in North America, so of course there's a Major Media Spasm over it.  As you've been discussing on another thread, media makes decisions based on what will sell papers.

Wazzzup

I was thinking about it and actually this defeats the progs arguments about privilege.  She did something wrong ,asked to get let go because she's white, and they laughed at her and said hell no.  Kind of defeats the white privilege argument eh?

Now think about how many blacks and people of other races or Muslims do things wrong and play the false race card to get out of trouble (hi OJ) dozens? Hundreds?  

Who is privileged????

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Peaches"  As you've been discussing on another thread, media makes decisions based on what will sell papers.
 Not true.  A DUI of a non celeb would normally not even make a local paper.  this is now national and international news. :001_rolleyes: which is utterly absurd.

there is no money in this total nonstory.  Its just another attempt to slander white people en masse.

the leftist media exists to push leftist causes, if they get paid for it too, it just makes them all the happier.

-------

Think about it-- if White people were as racist as the media says, and the media just wanted to make money, wouldn't they go out and find stories that makes black  or some other minority look bad???

See there, proof that both  premises are wrong.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Peaches"  As you've been discussing on another thread, media makes decisions based on what will sell papers.
 Not true.  A DUI of a non celeb would normally not even make a local paper.  this is now national and international news. :001_rolleyes: which is utterly absurd.

there is no money in this total nonstory.  Its just another attempt to slander white people en masse.

the leftist media exists to push leftist causes, if they get paid for it too, it just makes them all the happier.

-------

Think about it-- if White people were as racist as the media says, and the media just wanted to make money, wouldn't they go out and find stories that makes black  or some other minority look bad???

I didn't follow your second argument, but I highlighted a key phrase in your first.

You're claiming that pushing an ideology is the reason a media company is in business, and the question of whether there is any profit in the enterprise is just incidental?  Did I read that wrong?

It flies in the face of everything I understand about money.

Frood

Media is owned by larger companies with a vested interest in securing energy, defense, et cetera, contracts. It's a conflict of interest to be able to spin the news favourably to that effect.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Peaches"
I spent some time yesterday musing on the immense popularity of this story and trying to understand its wide coverage.  I don't propose to argue with your spin on the story having to do with media bias, although I think you're kind of over the top with it.

Wait! I'M over the top...or other contributors? Are you serious? It is the twisted global media that has distorted and amplified this nothing story into a "news" item.

Quote from: "Peaches"No, I'm only replying to shed some anthropological light on it.

You see, Bluffton, SC is not like the Southern Piedmont that lies east of the Appalachians.  It's in a fairly narrow strip of the Atlantic coastal plain that is simply NOT part of the "New South."  And it's not quite far enough south to be part of Cracker Land.  It's a place that time simply has forgotten, a Lowcountry relic of the Old South only with no money whatsoever.  For five of the last six decades it's been a gas station / hole in the road on the nice highway connecting Hilton Head Island to Interstate 95, and one of the last iconic Coastal Villages of the Old South....but since the turn of the century it's grown from 1200 souls to nearly 20,000 with a lot of cultural shock.

Twenty years ago Bluffton was about 93% White, and now it's only about 70% White.  Twenty years ago it was a place cheap enough for all the service workers with jobs on HHI to be able to live, so during the 40 year HHI boom those service workers came to live in Beaufort County and the culture has changed.

Hell, it used to be sufficient in Beaufort County to beat a DUI arrest by batting your eyelashes at the officer and BEING WHITE.  This girl probably figured it was worth a try.  I once knew a few women personally who pulled it off, a few decades back.  But evidently this cop was an import...a newcomer to that old culture, and as documented in the original story it's HIS REACTION that caused this to become interesting.  I seriously doubt that anyone in the Lowcountry even raised an eyebrow when the original story broke.

But to a stunning number of people from other parts, it's a riveting moment.  Like turning over a rock and finding some sort of weird insect under it.  

It's almost like discovering a hidden Bogan colony in North America, so of course there's a Major Media Spasm over it.  As you've been discussing on another thread, media makes decisions based on what will sell papers.

Not only is that charming expose anecdotal, it is irrelevant to the issue of media propagation of ANY incident possessing a whiff of "white supremacy" (whatever that is). That is the point, Peach. Not parables and an observation of the social evolution of backwash America.

As you may know, I used to be a Police Officer. If issues were made of the number of times comments similar to those attributed above, the press would have no room for advertisements. Common pleas included "do you know who I am", "I'm MARRIED", "I'm just a woman", "I'm a woman", "c'mon bloke, let a brother go", "racist", "I'll get your job", "I'm white", "I'm a friend of......", "why aren't you chasing real criminals" and so on.

Invariably whilst the offender was smashed out of their skull.

Once the booze wore off, these malefactors had no clue what happened, let alone what they said.

This episode is a perfect example of a media that is out of control, stooping to any subterranean level to create, maintain and impel the myth of "white supremacy".

Frood

You forgot the most honest one 'get a real job'.
Blahhhhhh...

Aryan

The British Bolshevik Corporation should be outlawed and it's executives tried for treason.

Wazzzup

-------

I didn't follow your second argument, but I highlighted a key phrase in your first.

You're claiming that pushing an ideology is the reason a media company is in business, and the question of whether there is any profit in the enterprise is just incidental?  Did I read that wrong?

I have an answer for that.  But first tell me, do you honestly think the mainstream media is not biased to the left?

Anonymous

-------

I have an answer for that.  But first tell me, do you honestly think the mainstream media is not biased to the left?

Do you seriously expect that libtard homo to answer your question honestly. Really dude. :001_rolleyes: