Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Interesting New Police Restraint Concept Being Tested

Started by cc, August 13, 2018, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

But my baton would surely be effective....

ac_blush

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Don't know whether it will work or not , but its good to see them trying to use technology to fight crime in ways to cut down shooting

the batons have been done away with here since just after the rodney King beating.  They use bare hands and pepper spray, occasionally a taser.

I think so too.

Chuck Bronson

Here they pack collapsible batons, so they can still give you a good old fashioned clubbing if they wanna!

Zetsu

Quote from: "Blazor"That thing looks like it would hurt, imagine like a fish hook digging into your leg. Suck even more with shorts on.

Think it's a good thing for the police, encourges the suspect to stop squirming else they'll end up tearing their own flesh, lol.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Blazor"That thing looks like it would hurt, imagine like a fish hook digging into your leg. Suck even more with shorts on.

Think it's a good thing for the police, encourges the suspect to stop squirming else they'll end up tearing their own flesh, lol.

A lot of criminals would still try to though.

Blazor

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Here they pack collapsible batons, so they can still give you a good old fashioned clubbing if they wanna!

I have collapsible nunchucks  :thumbup:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Dont seem right lol. Kinda like those attack dogs, just grab and start biting the shit outta them. What if you are innocent, and picked out as the wrong guy. Depends on the crime too I suppose, how badly one needs to be caught.

These seem like they would work lol.....

https://cdn.instructables.com/FB9/OQ5H/FP8NLCNV/FB9OQ5HFP8NLCNV.LARGE.gif">

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Blazor"I have collapsible nunchucks  :thumbup:

Nice!  For some odd reason, nunchucks are verboten in Canada.  Just one of those stupid laws similar to the switchblade ban, which makes no sense!  (Although at least some US States have now permitted legal switchblade ownership, which is a good thing!)

Blazor

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"

Nice!  For some odd reason, nunchucks are verboten in Canada.  Just one of those stupid laws similar to the switchblade ban, which makes no sense!  (Although at least some US States have now permitted legal switchblade ownership, which is a good thing!)

I can own it in my house, but I cant carry it "unless Im going to a tournament or karate class". I use to carry the big 14"ers my sensai gave me before he moved away, and I got pulled over once. They said I wasnt allowed to carry them, and I showed them my karate membership card at the time, thats when they said that was the only time I could carry them. Use to be no big deal, I would spin on this huge rock in front of the apartment complex, and was told I was the next white boy Bruce Lee lol. Then right before I became an adult, Mary Sue Terry I think it was, saw too many Kung Fu movies, and banned all the traditional Martial Arts weapons from being carried pretty much.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I can own it in my house, but I cant carry it "unless Im going to a tournament or karate class". I use to carry the big 14"ers my sensai gave me before he moved away, and I got pulled over once. They said I wasnt allowed to carry them, and I showed them my karate membership card at the time, thats when they said that was the only time I could carry them. Use to be no big deal, I would spin on this huge rock in front of the apartment complex, and was told I was the next white boy Bruce Lee lol. Then right before I became an adult, Mary Sue Terry I think it was, saw too many Kung Fu movies, and banned all the traditional Martial Arts weapons from being carried pretty much.

I remember you posting you were into karate.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I remember you posting you were into karate.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

:aikido:

:laugh:

I took it for 8 years, and was teaching at the end. Even taught some of the local police officers while I was a Jr. Cadet.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Blazor"Then right before I became an adult, Mary Sue Terry I think it was, saw too many Kung Fu movies, and banned all the traditional Martial Arts weapons from being carried pretty much.

Knee-jerk reactions from people like Mary Sue Terry...

At least she can take credit for stepping in before a disgruntled Billy went to high school with a pair of nunchucks to 'fuck up their shit!'   :laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"Then right before I became an adult, Mary Sue Terry I think it was, saw too many Kung Fu movies, and banned all the traditional Martial Arts weapons from being carried pretty much.

Knee-jerk reactions from people like Mary Sue Terry...

At least she can take credit for stepping in before a disgruntled Billy went to high school with a pair of nunchucks to 'fuck up their shit!'   :laugh:

:laugh:

Im self taught on the chucks, from watching Bruce Lee movies and a book my uncle gave me long ago. People stand back when I start twirling and their eyes get big like "woah!" lol. I know I prolly aint twirling entirely right, but its enough to intimidate, and fuck someones shit up like you say lol.

Zetsu

Dont seem right lol. Kinda like those attack dogs, just grab and start biting the shit outta them. What if you are innocent, and picked out as the wrong guy. Depends on the crime too I suppose, how badly one needs to be caught.

Lol it would suck if they ended up shooting that thing on some innocent person, but chances are the police won't consider using it as long as they comply.  Mean while people that test teh police's patience, hurt innocent folks or run away from them won't get any pity from me, lol.
Permanently off his rocker

Blazor

Lol it would suck if they ended up shooting that thing on some innocent person, but chances are the police won't consider using it as long as they comply.  Mean while people that test teh police's patience, hurt innocent folks or run away from them won't get any pity from me, lol.

I can totally agree with that  :thumbup: