News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

They don't want you to run Windows 7 anymore...

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 15, 2018, 07:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

...and today they already started to make that clear for me, by manufacturing in certain difficulties, changes, bugs, and basically gimping it so you get sick of using it, even though it's still supported until 2020.

First hassle today:  They have removed my control for Windows 7 update settings, all on their own.  I have only run one user account on my system, and it has always been an Administrator account.  I have never had an issue taking full control of settings, until today, when it decided to lock me out of the ability to manually install updates (which I have ALWAYS done until today).

I'm not sure what the workaround is for this, but I know this 'issue' just didn't 'randomly' decide to appear today.  Something had obviously given the O/S the instruction to do this...  Not impressed.  Now I get to fuck around on Google for hours trying to find the fix...  Thanks, Microsoft.

http://i67.tinypic.com/eriput.png">

Anonymous

I think you or someone else posted about this before.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"I think you or someone else posted about this before.

Wouldn't have been me, since this just happened now.

Chuck Bronson

So, I see my O/S has decided to download and install these four updates today automatically, when it should not have.  I have ALWAYS had updates set to MANUAL.

It decided to over-ride my settings, and one of these updates no doubt also locked me out of update control...

I'll remove a couple of these updates, and see if I can gain control again.

http://i68.tinypic.com/awsy1g.png">

Bricktop

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/70b24c302556af1a9e47f9357d8fc733">

Chuck Bronson

The reason I run Windows 7 is because I want as much control over my system as I can (just like Hitler).  Many people still run 7 for the same reasons.

I don't know if I get get these issues worked out, but this O/S had NO FUCKING BUSINESS downloading and installing ANY fucking update without my permission, nor should it have had the ability to lock me out of these settings.

If I wanted no control over my system, I'd be using a Google or Android device.

Chuck Bronson

Things have gone from bad to worse.  Now I can't even disable Windows Update at all.

Somebody at Microsoft fucked up big time with today's (automatically forced) updates, and it does appear that short of doing a clean install, the only thing I can hope for now is that the fucking idiots in Redmond release another update soon that fixes this colossal fucking disaster they just forced upon me.

Chuck Bronson

The people should NOT have to put up with this intrusive shit that's forced upon us in every conceivable way.  We should be able to opt out.  We shouldn't need a legal team and a computer programming team to understand and change the activity of an operating system.

Bricktop

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2257/9645/collections/gif-Apple-Logo-mobile-best-price_1350x.gif?v=1532169154">

Chuck Bronson

I'll tell you this much...  If it wasn't for gaming compatibility, I would've ditched Windows O/S years ago.

Here's an interesting fact...  Almost 50% of people running Windows are still running Windows 7, so I cannot be the only one that noticed this little 'boo-boo' that they forced upon us today.  Hopefully a fix will be released soon, since I don't really feel like spending days doing a clean install.

Zetsu

I never knew you're into PC games too Mel, just curious if you dun mind me asking which games are ya into atm?  I'm a MMO junkie here, been playing GW2 but kinda got bored and now waiting for my switch controller to try out Monster Hunter World.  ac_drinks
Permanently off his rocker

Chuck Bronson

I'm not a big gamer at all, but once in a while I'll power one up...  Currently GTAV and Far Cry 5 are the go-to on my desktop.  I have a short attention span, so don't game for very long each session, but that's OK...

I still demand my PC be able to game on high quality with good frame rates though!

Zetsu

hmm I'm kind of like you too, lol except I'm either hooked and play for hours a day or not touch my games for a few months, think it's mainly due to my OCD.
Permanently off his rocker

Chuck Bronson

I have a very short attention span, and get really bored with doing the same thing after while, so a game like GTAV I'll probably completely finish not long before the next one is released!

Plus, I often don't have the time to completely immerse myself into a game for hours at a time.  Usually an hour or two is an average session, and that's here and there.

Blazor

That sucks on your 7, they try the same with me on XP, dont want me using it anymore.

As far as Mac, they are worse when it comes to "if you dont have the latest". Shit wont even work on your browser if your other hardware/software aint up to date.

I think they are trying to force us to accept the new, because it gives the alphabet groups more backdoor access. And we know they love taking it in the backdoor! Now they want us to do the same.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.