The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

US / Mexico Trade Deal - Canada Will Have to Beg Now - Good Job Justine

Started by cc, August 27, 2018, 07:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I believe Justine and crew will deliberately not get a deal. Getting a deal is good for Canada, but bad for his reelection hopes. Naive people in this country actually think Justine is defending their interests against big bad Trump. Besides, changing the dairy supply management system will cost them votes in Quebec.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I believe Justine and crew will deliberately not get a deal. Getting a deal is good for Canada, but bad for his reelection hopes. Naive people in this country actually think Justine is defending their interests against big bad Trump. Besides, changing the dairy supply management system will cost them votes in Quebec.

If that is true, he's unfit to be our prime minister.

JOE

Quote from: "cc"Yes, It could work out "fairly" well for Canada IF he plays his cards right from here on

a bit of well deserved grovelling would help it along

Why does Trudeau have to grovel to Trump, cc?

And if it were a PM Scheer or Harper, would they have to grovel too?

The USA actually has a goods and setvices trade surplus with Canada of over $10 billion or $8.4 billion.

Even a US government website admitted this in plain writing:

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/canada">https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/canada

I'm not quite sure what the problem is here.

Is it just a case of the USA not getting enough?

Or does Trump just want more, take everything from Canada and bury its economy?

Why does Trump want to scuttle an agreement which is already beneficial to the USA?

I understand certain nations Trump may have a gripe like China or even Mexico.

But Canada? C'mon. It doesnt make sense.

cc

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/justin-trudeau-nafta-team.jpg">
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Herman"I believe Justine and crew will deliberately not get a deal. Getting a deal is good for Canada, but bad for his reelection hopes. Naive people in this country actually think Justine is defending their interests against big bad Trump. Besides, changing the dairy supply management system will cost them votes in Quebec.

If that is true, he's unfit to be our prime minister.

Yes, you deserve a better leader and so do most canadians (not joe of course)

All  Trudeau has to do is drop the dairy tariffs and free trade can commence.  

But I think Herman is 100% right.Trudeau will ignore what's best for Canada in order to try and trick and divide underinformed, media manipulated, Canadian voters  into siding with him against trump.

we'll see.

cc

^^^ he is stuborn and unrealistic enough to do exactly that .. .we'll see

Justine's initial embarrassing position was that trans and EVERY PC cause had to be part of any new deal

I'm guessin that didn't fly with US and Mexico and will not even be a talking point

The poor fool just looks sillier and sillier as time goes on .... and he has pissed away any time he had and has to put up or shutup now .. as his native language says "toute de suite'

Seems US and Mex are not greatly concerned about canada getting in, so justine has virtually zero negotiating power left
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Wazzzup

Quote from: "cc"^^^ he is stuborn and unrealistic enough to do exactly that .. .we'll see

Justine's initial embarrassing position was that trans and EVERY PC cause had to be part of any new deal

I'm guessin that didn't fly with US and Mexico and will not even be a talking point

The poor fool just looks sillier and sillier as time goes on .... and he has pissed away any time he had and has to put up or shutup now .. as his native language says "toute de suite'

Seems US and Mex are not greatly concerned about canada getting in, so justine has virtually zero negotiating power left

I didn;t know about the PC stuff.

When I read about it, most media stories just blamed trump and never mentioned milk tariffs (and certainly not PC trans stuff)

then a I read couple that tried to justify the milk tariffs.  No mention of PC trans stuff, I'm not surprised though, the media hates trump and they probably thought it would distract from their narrative to let that info out there so they didn't report it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"^^^ he is stuborn and unrealistic enough to do exactly that .. .we'll see

He's playing games with people's jobs.

:001_rolleyes:

Wazzzup

I expect trudeau thinks he is the important one and they mean nothing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

I expect trudeau thinks he is the important one and they mean nothing.

I know he does.