Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

The New Led Zeppelin

Started by Anonymous, September 10, 2018, 09:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hey Cronus, I know music belongs in the Pulse, but I thought this act deserved it's own thread. My son got me into this band. They are the second coming of Plant, Page and co.

">

Anonymous

I am really liking these guys.

">

Anonymous

The vocals here are a Plant clone.

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Hey Cronus, I know music belongs in the Pulse, but I thought this act deserved it's own thread. My son got me into this band. They are the second coming of Plant, Page and co.

">

I have heard this song many times..

They do have some strong Led Zeppelin influence.

Bricktop

The vocals might be reminiscent...but you also need clones of John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and John Bonham.

Nice try though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The vocals might be reminiscent...but you also need clones of John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and John Bonham.

Nice try though.

The musical style is heavily Zep influenced too.

Bricktop

Yes.

Their management needs to remind them being the "new" anything from the past is DEATH for a band.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yes.

Their management needs to remind them being the "new" anything from the past is DEATH for a band.

Tell that to Airborne from Australia. A blatant AC/DC ripoff.

Bricktop

The fact that I've never heard of them says it all.

Tribute bands are a dime a dozen...its easy money for those who like to play like a jukebox.

Here we have "tribute bands" for Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, INXS, David Bowie, Deep Purple, Billy Joel, Rod Stewart...just mimics.

Frood

Reminds me a little of a low key Mars Volta.

">
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Bricktop, do you consider  Greta Van Fleet a tribute band or just influenced by Led  Zeppelin?

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"Bricktop, do you consider  Greta Van Fleet a tribute band or just influenced by Led  Zeppelin?

I'm not sure there's a difference when the influence is so strong.

The vocalist is clearly channeling Robert Plant. Whether by accident or design I don't know.

The musical style is in the hard rock "Zeppelin" category.

I suspect they are a combination of tribute and influenced...they do their own songs, where tribute bands tend to just mimic the originals.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Bricktop, do you consider  Greta Van Fleet a tribute band or just influenced by Led  Zeppelin?

I'm not sure there's a difference when the influence is so strong.

The vocalist is clearly channeling Robert Plant. Whether by accident or design I don't know.

The musical style is in the hard rock "Zeppelin" category.

I suspect they are a combination of tribute and influenced...they do their own songs, where tribute bands tend to just mimic the originals.

I don't consider them a tribute band at all.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Hey Cronus, I know music belongs in the Pulse, but I thought this act deserved it's own thread. My son got me into this band. They are the second coming of Plant, Page and co.

">

Not bad.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

">

Not bad.
That's the song that gets  a lot of air play on satellite and regular radio.

Print
User actions