Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

our sixth anniversary

Started by Anonymous, October 02, 2018, 09:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Aryan

Vancouver

I'm glad this forum isn't full of ads like evs's memebee.
Time is malleable

kiebers

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I'm glad this forum isn't full of ads like evs's memebee.

Get Adblock and you will no longer see them....
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Bricktop

As the only person who is familiar with what RW's thoughts and sentiments were at the time that this forum originated, I can quite emphatically claim that most, if not all of the assumptions, insinuations and allegations of her motive and intent stated above regarding this forum are quite wrong.

Without her technical support, this place would not have come into being. Without my creative flair, it would not have been called "The Blue Cashew" either.

RW's heart was in this place. Perhaps too much so. Her head, on the other hand, was dealing with other issues, and unfortunately she frequently confused disagreement with contempt, and thus replied in kind, sadly.

No-one regrets the events that took place in this forum when rage overcame reason more than I. In my OPINION, her conduct in her last days was less to do with the forum, and more to do with personal issues. That is not excusing her, but mitigating her actions to some degree. It is no secret that she had health issues that impacted significantly on her personal relationships with people in general, and some more specifically.

In it's early days, she loved this place and the people in it as much as anyone could. And I suspect, with no evidence, she still does and wishes things had turned out differently. Despite what we may think of her as a consequence of her behaviour and conduct towards the forum and it's members as time unfolded, we should recognise that she worked hard to bring it into existence.

She deserves credit for that.

Bricktop

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Agreed, shame she didn't permanently take her tubby companion with her...

C'mon...you and I both know we LOVE using the blimp as a pinata. I love the squealing noises she makes.

Anonymous

While I am not one of the originals, this place was only about two months old when I joined. Shen Li posted a link to the old ACF on Topix and the rest is history.

kiebers

Yay for 6 years!!!!!

Here's to many more  ac_drinks
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"Without my creative flair, it would not have been called "The Blue Cashew" either.

Damnit, you mean to tell me you named this place after your balls!?
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"As the only person who is familiar with what RW's thoughts and sentiments were at the time that this forum originated, I can quite emphatically claim that most, if not all of the assumptions, insinuations and allegations of her motive and intent stated above regarding this forum are quite wrong.

Without her technical support, this place would not have come into being. Without my creative flair, it would not have been called "The Blue Cashew" either.

In it's early days, she loved this place and the people in it as much as anyone could. And I suspect, with no evidence, she still does and wishes things had turned out differently. Despite what we may think of her as a consequence of her behaviour and conduct towards the forum and it's members as time unfolded, we should recognise that she worked hard to bring it into existence.

She deserves credit for almost ripping this place apart.

This place was in existence for two years before RW even registered as a poster In fact, evs kicked us off mmb because RW was using this place to wage war with evs. I do not blame evs at all for giving us the boot and I don't blame her for perma-banning RW.

As for RW "building" this place, I told Fash NOT to accept RW's offer to host ACC. I knew someone else who would do it and remain a silent partner like evs was. However, Fash believed her and almost immediately RW started turning this place into her own. I knew it wasn't going to end well and it didn't.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Without my creative flair, it would not have been called "The Blue Cashew" either.

Damnit, you mean to tell me you named this place after your balls!?

If I did that, it would be The Blue Coconut!!!

ac_toofunny

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Bricktop"As the only person who is familiar with what RW's thoughts and sentiments were at the time that this forum originated, I can quite emphatically claim that most, if not all of the assumptions, insinuations and allegations of her motive and intent stated above regarding this forum are quite wrong.

This place was in existence for two years before RW even registered as a poster In fact, evs kicked us off mmb because RW was using this place to wage war with evs. I do not blame evs at all for giving us the boot and I don't blame her for perma-banning RW.

As for RW "building" this place, I told Fash NOT to accept RW's offer to host ACC. I knew someone else who would do it and remain a silent partner like evs was. However, Fash believed her and almost immediately RW started turning this place into her own. I knew it wasn't going to end well and it didn't.

Whatever. Water under the bridge now.

I liked posting here when it was ACF/ACC, I liked it under during the RW era and I like this era. The discussions make this place. It's what keeps me here.

Losing a left of centre voice like RW makes this place less interesting. Just sayin.

Bricktop

I don't dispute what you're saying (although she was with the Cashew from the get go, I think. I don't know about ACC.)

I think everyone knows why it didn't end well.

Bricktop

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I liked posting here when it was ACF/ACC, I liked it under during the RW era and I like this era. The discussions make this place. It's what keeps me here.

Losing a left of centre voice like RW makes this place less interesting. Just sayin.

I liked having Romero and Peaches around as well. I'm never comfortable with a one sided debate.

Aryan

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "SCOUSE"Agreed, shame she didn't permanently take her tubby companion with her...

C'mon...you and I both know we LOVE using the blimp as a pinata. I love the squealing noises she makes.

True, it's funny to see how badly she fares when being trolled without having her mod privileges to fall back on and use in retaliation.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

I liked having Romero and Peaches around as well. I'm never comfortable with a one sided debate.

I really miss Romero..

He was one of the very first members to join Shen Li's original ACF..

When I took over and renamed it ACC, he was a mod and a very good one..

I could tell after the switch, he started losing interest..

It was not a surprise when he left for good.