News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

A

BALLSONARO, what is the cost of living like in Brazil?

Started by Anonymous, October 08, 2018, 01:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "BALLSONARO"
Quote from: "Bricktop"So, is this a "coloured" thing?

Ok, the huge number is murders is mostly their doing, they kill each other a lot in the slums

But Brazil being a fuck up is also related to the Portuguese culture

It's the whole set of things.

What is wrong with Portuguese culture..

Portugal has economic problems, but it's still a first world nation.

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "BALLSONARO"Sorry I missed this.

So, over here, some things are expensive, others, not so much.

Someone who has dollars to spend here should be fine, considering $1 = R$3,75 right now. Shouldn't go lower than 3 in the long run either, since exports would suffer too much. Our hope for the future is that wages go up, but not the dollar, that's who things really improve here.

2 pounds of beef, for example, should cost you between 7 or 8 dollars, in a not too expensive city and market, good quality too, it's what I pay

U$2,000 a month would make you upper middle class here if you don't have kids, but a family of 4 could still live comfortably outside of the usual expensive suspects, like Rio or Sao Paulo.

A good house where I live, which is considered an ok city (used to be a lot better) and other middle class boroughs here would cost you around U$200k. With U$500k, you get a mansion with pool and all amenities in a private condo.

Cars and electronics are another story, taxes make them very expensive, the same goes for fuel (right now, it's around 5 dollars a gallon for regular)

Electricity is always very expensive, running A/Cs is now bit of a luxury here.

We have free socialized healthcare, depending on where you live is ok for basic stuff, but you definitely should consider a private plan. Also not expensive when it comes to American price standards

In short, everything imported is expensive, real market is gold if you have dollars to spend.

Thanks B. Good to know stuff.

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"There is a new poster here by the name of balls?

LOL this is RBN aka Rancid. It's a tribute to Bolsonaro, the first Brazilian president with BALLS this country has had in a long time.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

cc

It sure is "fitting"

I addressed your new nick  once as "Balls", meant only in the best light    .. So I assume that's OK?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Anonymous

Ok, the huge number is murders is mostly their doing, they kill each other a lot in the slums

Does Brazil have a yearly immigration target like this country does?

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

We just don't care, they come and go as they please

I mean, there's so much wrong stuff here, it's hard to make your presence noted LOL

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "cc"It sure is "fitting"

I addressed your new nick  once as "Balls", meant only in the best light    .. So I assume that's OK?

No problemo CC, like I said, it sounded nice in English

Anonymous

I mean, there's so much wrong stuff here, it's hard to make your presence noted LOL

You are not frickin serious are you?

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Herman"

Many Syrian refugees would come here, stay a couple months and then just go somewhere else

They said the lack of safety here and in Syria was practically the same.

Anonymous

Many Syrian refugees would come here, stay a couple months and then just go somewhere else

What about migrants from Venezuela, Peru and Bolivia? I think Chile, Uruguay or Argie are the preferred destinations.

Rancidmilko

What about migrants from Venezuela, Peru and Bolivia? I think Chile, Uruguay or Argie are the preferred destinations.

They have been creating problems here and there, Bolivians seem to be really adapting to the criminal reality here

Of course, the cops mostly hide these crimes to avoid people expelling foreigners from here.

Brazil is a pussified country right now, maybe Bolsonaro will change it

But I fear that just like in the US, the people and the other governmental bodies are too infested by lefties.

Same way Trump doesn't seem to be able to stop illegal immigration in the US, we would never be able to stop it here

Anonymous

But I fear that just like in the US, the people and the other governmental bodies are too infested by lefties.

Same way Trump doesn't seem to be able to stop illegal immigration in the US, we would never be able to stop it here

Illegal immigration is down and deportations are up under Trump. That will be reversed when Trump loses in 2020. The Democrats have gone bat shit crazy. They want open borders.

I hope Ballsonaro the very best in stamping out illegal immigration. A nation with open borders is not an independent real country.

Anonymous

Speaking of  illegal immigration to Chile

SANTIAGO, CHILE —

Waves of Migrants Head to Chile, Putting a Strain on Services

Chileans are learning the downside of being an economic success story. Waves of migrants from poorer Latin American countries are coming to Chile, putting a strain on social services and causing local resentment. It is beginning to become as politicized as in the United States and Europe.

Chile has one of Latin America's strongest and steadily growing economies, with a projected increase in GDP of over 4 percent this year. Chile also has low levels of corruption and the region's highest per capita income of $15,000.

As a result, immigration to Chile has more than tripled in the last two years, from 462,000 in 2015 to approximately 2 million in 2017, raising the foreign-born portion of the population to 7 percent from less than 3 percent.

Stricter U.S. barriers

The influx is partly the result of migrants flooding out of Venezuela in the wake of that country's economic collapse. Venezuelans are being accepted in Chile as political refugees. Many of them have educated, middle-class backgrounds and professional qualifications that facilitate their assimilation.

Stricter U.S. barriers to immigration could also be diverting migrant flows away from established North American routes and toward Latin America's wealthy southern cone countries, including Argentina, where large numbers of Colombians and other Caribbean migrants are arriving.

"No other country in South America has been impacted as much by immigration as Chile," said interior ministry immigration official Mijail Bonito. In a country where extreme poverty had all but disappeared, immigrant ghettos — where entire families share 2 x 2 meter spaces in rickety dormitory shacks and tent cities — are now spreading.

https://www.voanews.com/a/waves-of-migrants-head-to-chile-putting-a-strain-on-services/4516710.html">https://www.voanews.com/a/waves-of-migr ... 16710.html">https://www.voanews.com/a/waves-of-migrants-head-to-chile-putting-a-strain-on-services/4516710.html