News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Seoulbro how will the rising US deficits affect us?

Started by JOE, October 09, 2018, 05:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Yes, many said Clinton was "moderate".

Newt and Co kept him moderate is the real truth
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

As I have said before US debt is not like Greece, Italy or even Canada's rising deficits.

US debt and the sovereign debt of any other nation are different for the simple reason that the US Dollar is the reserve currency of the world. There isn't another nation that can print it's own reserves, period.

This is not because of America is better or has the highest GDP. It is because of a post-World War II agreement, the Bretton-Woods agreemnt , in which the large economies of the time created the post-war order. This included the World Bank, the IMF, and incidentally anointing the US Dollar as the single reserve currency of the world.

My biggest concern is rising interest rates could cause  huge damage to Canada for along time. Canadians are most debt-ridden consumers in the developed world.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "cc"Yes, many said Clinton was "moderate".

exactly right.

I hope trump will make a stand and veto the next big spending budget, and force congress to fight it out.  Going along with the democrats (aided by cowardly and/or big spending republicans) and their big spending budgets was his only major mistake thus far IMO.  he needs to do whatever he can to stop repeating that mistake.  then it will be all on them and he will share no blame.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "cc"Yes, many said Clinton was "moderate".

exactly right.

I hope trump will make a stand and veto the next big spending budget, and force congress to fight it out.  Going along with the democrats (aided by cowardly and/or big spending republicans) and their big spending budgets was his only major mistake thus far IMO.  he needs to do whatever he can to stop repeating that mistake.  then it will be all on them and he will share no blame.

In Canada, unless the it's a coalition government, the governing party is responsible for deficits.

JOE

Well folks & seoulbro, i spoke with a dealer/investor if precious metals today.

And he had some interesting predictions.

He was clearly a Trump supporter & loved everything Trump as he told me so.

He was also listening to right wing talk radio as he spoke.

I didnt argue or disagree with him. I just listened.

He was in his later 60s I think.

He told me that he believed gold is too high and the price is set to crash to about 1/2 of what it is today.

And that silver is a better investment preferably 1 oz Maple Leaf coibs.

He didnt think much of platinum either.

Paladium he said the price was fixed controlled by the Russians.

He said stay away from bitcoin because it will be worthless one day.

He also thought there will be an overhaul of the financial system and hinted that the dollar would be replaced by sone other currency.

Now I dont know how much of what he said is true or will become true.

But I thought it was inintetrsting nevertheless.

I'm open to suggestions/forecasts by others and am seeking advice these days.

But I have a laymen's hunch that something us on the horizon and that we should be prepared for it.

I dont know how y'all feel about it but I suspect for better or worse, it wont be business as usual.

I think 2020 and beyond will be a volatile decade.

But tgats jes my 2 bits.

Bricktop

Quote from: "JOE"Well folks & seoulbro, i spoke with a dealer/investor if precious metals today.

He told me that he believed gold is too high and the price is set to crash to about 1/2 of what it is today.

He also thought there will be an overhaul of the financial system and hinted that the dollar would be replaced by sone other currency.

But I have a laymen's hunch that something us on the horizon and that we should be prepared for it.

I dont know how y'all feel about it but I suspect for better or worse, it wont be business as usual.

But tgats jes my 2 bits.

It astonishes me that people still put value on useless pieces of stone and metal. Gold holds no intrinsic value other that an abritrary number we put on it. It might as well be aluminium or bronze...but our ancestors decided gold and pieces of rock were valuable...because there wasn't anything else.

If the global economy collapses, you can have a busload of gold...but no-body will care.

Food and water will be the only currencies of value then.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "JOE"Well folks & seoulbro, i spoke with a dealer/investor if precious metals today.

But tgats jes my 2 bits.

It astonishes me that people still put value on useless pieces of stone and metal. Gold holds no intrinsic value other that an abritrary number we put on it. It might as well be aluminium or bronze...but our ancestors decided gold and pieces of rock were valuable...because there wasn't anything else.

If the global economy collapses, you can have a busload of gold...but no-body will care.

Food and water will be the only currencies of value then.

It  astonishes me that people still read Joe's bullshit posts. He actually used the word right wing again. Like there's been  a political right on this progtard continent in the last two and half decades.

Bricktop

AAAAGGHHHH....

I did it again!!

I must have JCD...Joe Compulsive Disorder.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"AAAAGGHHHH....

I did it again!!

It spreads when you respond to his bullshit posts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
It astonishes me that people still read Joe's bullshit posts. He actually used the word right wing again. Like there's been a political right on this progtard continent in the last two and half decades.

I am not longer responding to Joe's attention whoring posts. When I post info to educate him and he ignores what I wrote he can fuck off. Go waste someone else's time.

You have a point about the right wing being extinct. Right wing means social issues/identity politics and immigration. What was once considered the left, today occupies the entire political spectrum now that they have won every cultural battle. Across Canada and the US, sames sex marriage, and abortion are legal. Marijuana is treated like booze. Transgender is becoming mainstream. And the political consensus on immigration is that more is better.

I supported all of these. I don't want to waste time on these divisive issues. About the only social issues left undecided are on refugees and Islamic terror.

JOE

Quote from: "seoulbro"
It astonishes me that people still read Joe's bullshit posts. He actually used the word right wing again. Like there's been a political right on this progtard continent in the last two and half decades.

I am not longer responding to Joe's attention whoring posts. When I post info to educate him and he ignores what I wrote he can fuck off. Go waste someone else's time.

You have a point about the right wing being extinct. Right wing means social issues/identity politics and immigration. What was once considered the left, today occupies the entire political spectrum now that they have won every cultural battle. Across Canada and the US, sames sex marriage, and abortion are legal. Marijuana is treated like booze. Transgender is becoming mainstream. And the political consensus on immigration is that more is better.

I supported all of these. I don't want to waste time on these divisive issues. About the only social issues left undecided are on refugees and Islamic terror.

It really seems to offend you Righties when I use the term 'Right Wing'.

Is 'Conservative Talk Show Radio' more appropriate, as it is commonly referred to in the media?

Seems you folks have yer own form of Newspeak. Aint jes the Left, eh?

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

It's too bad that neither Canada nor the USA have a political right anymore.

Oh and I disagree with you about Islamic terror. The issue is the special protected class status that dickheads like Justine want to bestow on islam. M-103 will grown teeth when that piece of shit is reelected. Canada will have blasphemy laws. Besides that, whenever there is a an islamic attack or a thwarted one, the opposition Tories are not much different that the Justine. Empty platitudes about standing with victims, muslims fear backlash but they don't dare say there's a problem with islam itself. If we had right wing on this continent, islam would not be allowed to walk on us the way they do now.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"AAAAGGHHHH....

I did it again!!

It spreads when you respond to his bullshit posts.

I KNOW!!!

:dash1:

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell