It is currently December 7th, 2019, 9:08 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Unread postPosted: December 9th, 2018, 4:34 pm 

Dumb as a stump and now has power.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/09/ocas ... dium=email
Ron Halber, the executive director of the Jewish Community Relations Council, told The Daily Caller, “There’s no doubt that BDS is an exclusionary anti-Semitic movement whose goals are the eventual destruction of the state of Israel. It’s just the latest fad that has been used since the beginning of Israel’s existence to try to delegitimize it and the whole idea of the BDS movement is to make Israel a pariah among the nations and easier culturally to scapegoat and blame for all the world’s ills, which is nothing more than frankly old fashioned anti-Semitism.”

Halber did specify that he doesn’t believe every BDS supporter is anti-Semitic, but called the congresswoman-elect’s support for the movement “disappointing and scary,” while adding that he believes it needs to be “combatted.”

In July, Ocasio-Cortez appeared on “Firing Line” and received backlash after saying, “I also think that what people are starting to see in the occupation of Palestine is just an increasing crisis of humanitarian conditions, and that, to me, is just where I tend to come from on this issue.”

Host Margaret Hoover asked her to elaborate on “the occupation of Palestine” part of her response. Following Ocasio-Cortez’s response, Hoover pushed back again until the congresswoman-elect admitted that she is “not the expert on geopolitics on this issue.”

Unread postPosted: December 10th, 2018, 2:21 pm 

I am lost just listening to her. I cannot even last a minute.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 9:52 am 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
I am lost just listening to her. I cannot even last a minute.

I don't blame you. She is an airhead.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 10:00 am 

Anti-science dunces like Ocasio-Cortez want to kneecap the middle class that has prospered under Trump. Trillions of dollars wasted.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/07/ocas ... dium=email
OCASIO-CORTEZ’S ‘GREEN NEW DEAL’ WOULD AVERT A ‘BARELY DETECTABLE’ AMOUNT OF GLOBAL WARMING. THAT’S ACCORDING TO EPA’S CLIMATE MODEL

New York Rep. Ocasio-Cortez’s “Green New Deal” won’t impact global warming, according to a climate model.
It would only avert 0.14 degrees Celsius of projected warming by 2100 — that’s not even measurable.
“The year-to-year variation is very close to the total amount of warming that would be ‘saved’ by 2100,” one scientist said.
Democrats are increasingly lining up behind New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s call for a “Green New Deal,” but few, if any, have talked about its actual impact on global warming.

Even if all the Green New Deal’s goals were achieved, it would have a negligible, and likely immeasurable, impact on projected global warming, according to climate model simulation provided by a libertarian think tank.

“I seriously think the effect would — at best — be barely detectable in the climate record,” Patrick Michaels, a climatologist with the Cato Institute, told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Cato developed its own “Carbon Tax Temperature-Savings Calculator” to estimate the amount of warming that might be averted through reducing greenhouse gas emissions, like carbon dioxide.

The carbon calculator is based on the so-called “MAGICC” climate model simulator, developed by the National Center for Atmospheric Research with funding from the Environmental Protection Agency.

So, how much warming would a “Green New Deal” avert by the end of the century? Slightly under 0.14 degrees Celsius, according to Cato’s temperature calculator.

“The year-to-year variation is very close to the total amount of warming that would be ‘saved’ by 2100, according to EPA’s own model,” Michaels said.

And that assumes a climate sensitivity estimate of 3 degrees Celsius. Climate sensitivity refers to the amount of warming that can be expected from a doubling of atmospheric greenhouse gas concentrations.

The United Nations estimates climate sensitivity is anywhere between 1.5 and 4.5 degrees Celsius, though an April 2018 study suggested that climate sensitivity is likely on the low-end of the scale.

Indeed, if climate sensitivity is only 1.5 degrees Celsius, like the April study found, the Green New Deal would only avert about 0.08 degrees Celsius of warming by the end of the century, according to Cato’s calculator.

Ocasio-Cortez’s “Green New Deal” calls for a House committee to draft legislation mandating the meeting of “100% of national power demand through renewable sources” within a 10-year window.

While the exact costs of a “Green New Deal” are uncertain, it would likely cost trillions of dollars and amount to the largest expansion of government authority in decades if enacted in its entirety.

“Also, the ‘100-percent renewable energy’ notion is fatuous,” Michael said. “The sun doesn’t shine at night and the wind often is calm over large areas when temperatures are extreme and the electricity demand is high.”

“So there has to be another source, most likely natural gas-fired generation,” Michaels said.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 10:10 am 

This isthe future of the DemocRATS. Dumb unqualified and unfit to govern activists.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/07/ocas ... dium=email
OCASIO-CORTEZ MELTS DOWN ON TWITTER OVER GETTING FACT-CHECKED

Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez had a meltdown in a series of tweets Monday over getting fact-checked by organizations like The Washington Post and PolitiFact.

“Facts are facts, America,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted Monday. “We should care about getting things right. Yet standards of who gets fact-checked, how often + why are unclear. This is where false equivalency+bias creeps in, allowing climate deniers to be put on par w/scientists, for example.”

She also took issue with being fact-checked the same number of times as White House press secretary Sarah Sanders by PolitiFact, which is owned by nonprofit Poynter Institute for Media Studies.

“She’s been serving for almost 2 years,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “I’ve served 4 days. Why is she fact-checked so little? Is she adhering to some standard we don’t know about?”

“I say true things all the time – I’d hope most do,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote. “When does Politifact choose to rate true statements?”

Another tweet called out WaPo for giving her four “Pinocchios” — the same number President Donald Trump received over the number of people who died in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria — for her “confusing tweet” about how the Pentagon’s alleged $21 trillion in accounting discrepancies could pay for two-thirds of Medicare for All.

Ocasio-Cortez referenced the $21 trillion number from an article from The Nation, but the numbers and math were questionable.

WaPo pointed out the $21 trillion estimate covers 17 years, “whereas the Urban Institute’s $32 trillion estimate for Sanders’s Medicare plan covers 10 years,” so the two numbers aren’t “apples-to-apples to begin with.”

WaPo fact-checker Glenn Kessler responded to Ocasio-Cortez’s tweet, suggesting she was awarded the Pinocchios for not admitting she was wrong.

“FYI: The Washington Post Fact Checker generally does not award Pinocchios when a politician admits error,” Kessler tweeted. “We may still do a fact check, but we don’t try to play gotcha. We understand that everyone makes mistakes, especially at a live event. (PS: few take us up on this offer.)”

Both PolitiFact and WaPo have guidelines for their fact-checking process.

Ocasio-Cortez’s team did not immediately respond to The Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 3:23 pm 

She's cute, though.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 5:01 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
She's cute, though.

Yes, she is.

And even though she's a freshman congresswoman and one of 435 members of the House (many of whom are much stupider and much worse informed,) still it seems like a fair number of political dinosaurs are acting like she's the Wicked Witch of the East.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 5:18 pm 

Peaches wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
She's cute, though.

Yes, she is.

And even though she's a freshman congresswoman and one of 435 members of the House (many of whom are much stupider and almost as uninformed,) still it seems like a fair number of capable politicians are acting like she's the dangerous unqualified retard that she is

Corrected it for you. No need to thank me.

There's a special place in hell for any working class white person who votes for the dementocraps. Ocasio-Cortez is one of the many coastal extremist faces of the new elitist prog Dem party's war on working people.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 5:53 pm 

I pity anyone who considers someone's cuteness as being equal to substance, strength or credibility. Sad.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 5:54 pm 

I'm sure by the time she's 70, she will still be ineffective.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 6:11 pm 

Peaches wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
She's cute, though.

Yes, she is.

And even though she's a freshman congresswoman and one of 435 members of the House (many of whom are much stupider and much worse informed,) still it seems like a fair number of political dinosaurs are acting like she's the Wicked Witch of the East.

It's what she represents that scares them, I suggest.

An unqualified, poorly equipped, poorly informed noisemaker gets elected by an ever increasingly frustrated populace.

Still, from what I've seen of Pelosi, Warren and Waters, this girl is a revelation.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 6:24 pm 

Good luck to all who follow this dimwit.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 6:29 pm 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:

Peaches says anyone who calls this anarchist idiot an anarchist idiot is a dinosaur.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 10:13 pm 

Just cut my forearms off and call me T Rex then!!! Actually she's no anarchist...you cannot be an elected official and subscribe to anarchy, which opposes any form of representative government.

I'm not seeing an issue with her dancing...good for her if she knows how to have fun.

She's still cute.

Unread postPosted: January 8th, 2019, 10:40 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Just cut my forearms off and call me T Rex then!!! Actually she's no anarchist...you cannot be an elected official and subscribe to anarchy, which opposes any form of representative government.

I'm not seeing an issue with her dancing...good for her if she knows how to have fun.

She's still cute.

THE ANARCHIST WHO WANTS TO ABOLISH GOVERNMENT... BY JOINING IT
John Carico hopes to bring the Antifa movement to the mainstream with his independent campaign for U.S. Senate.

Carico, who is nonbinary and goes by Jae Em, wants to mainstream anarchism and push Democrats further left.
https://theoutline.com/post/5966/john-c ... i=7aj4xezu

Oacsio-Cortez loves antifa and anarchism too.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 12:00 am 

Bricktop wrote:

She's still cute.

Read up on the various flavours of anarchism. It's not all the same.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 7:06 am 

iron horse jockey wrote:
@realAzhyaAryola wrote:

Peaches says anyone who calls this anarchist idiot an anarchist idiot is a dinosaur.

Awww..... tissue?

Where does Peaches say that?

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 10:02 am 

Dinky Dianna wrote:
Bricktop wrote:

She's still cute.

That is true. Ocasio-Cortez demands the president explain why ICE shouldn’t be abolished.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 2:52 pm 

Dinky Dianna wrote:
Bricktop wrote:

She's still cute.

"Anarchism is a political philosophy[1][2] that advocates self-governed societies based on voluntary, cooperative institutions, rejecting hierarchies they view as unjust. These institutions are often described as stateless societies,[3][4][5][6] although several authors have defined them more specifically as institutions based on non-hierarchical or free associations.[7][8][9][10] Anarchism holds capitalism, the state, and representative democracy to be undesirable, unnecessary and harmful"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism

Nonetheless, the anarchist movement has long been caught in its own paradox; to create a stateless world, you have to participate in the state government, rendering their daffy ideology a study in hypocrisy.

This has given rise to any number of hybrid anarchist movements, each trying to justify their doctrines with various forms of compromise and usually held in contempt by true anarchists who hold true to the pure form which rejects governments of all colours.

Anarchy is where leftist extremism meets mental illness.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 4:34 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
Bricktop wrote:

She's still cute.

"Anarchism is a political philosophy[1][2] that advocates self-governed societies based on voluntary, cooperative institutions, rejecting hierarchies they view as unjust. These institutions are often described as stateless societies,[3][4][5][6] although several authors have defined them more specifically as institutions based on non-hierarchical or free associations.[7][8][9][10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism

Nonetheless, the anarchist movement has long been caught in its own paradox; to create a stateless world, you have to participate in the state government, rendering their daffy ideology a study in hypocrisy.

This has given rise to any number of hybrid anarchist movements, each trying to justify their doctrines with various forms of compromise and usually held in contempt by true anarchists who hold true to the pure form which rejects governments of all colours.

Anarchy is where leftist extremism meets mental illness.

What about the styles of anarchy that have their roots on the right? Anarcho-capitalism and anarcho-fascism would be two examples, but there are others.

It seems to me that ASSuming all anarchists are lefties is a popular mistake these days, but a mistake it still is in some cases.