It is currently December 9th, 2019, 6:03 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: American Election 2020
Unread postPosted: February 20th, 2019, 10:12 am 

So, who has a chance?

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: February 20th, 2019, 11:21 am 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
So, who has a chance?

Bernie Sanders is the front runner to win the Democrat nomination. I think there will be a strong independent candidate if that happens.

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 11:05 am 

Kamala Harris' father said she disgraced her Jamaican family by using a 'fraudulent stereotype' to joke about smoking weed

https://www.businessinsider.com/kamala- ... oke-2019-2

Sen. Kamala Harris' father accused her of disgracing her family by using a "fraudulent stereotype" to say that she had obviously smoked marijuana because she is part Jamaican, according to the news website Jamaica Global Online.

Harris was asked on the radio show "The Breakfast Club" on February 11 whether she had ever smoked weed. She jokingly responded, "Half my family's from Jamaica — are you kidding me?"

She said she smoked a joint in college. "And I did inhale," she said, laughing. "I just broke news."

Her father, Donald Harris, a professor emeritus of economics at Stanford University, criticized his daughter in a statement to Jamaica Global Online last week.

"My dear departed grandmothers (whose extraordinary legacy I described in a recent essay on this website), as well as my deceased parents, must be turning in their grave right now to see their family's name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics," he said.

"Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty."

Harris discussed the legalization of marijuana on the "Breakfast Club" radio show in February. YouTube/The Breakfast Club
Donald Harris previously wrote a piece for the outlet called "Reflections of a Jamaican Father" about his family's history and Kamala Harris' connections to Jamaica.

"To this day, I continue to retain the deep social awareness and strong sense of identity which that grassroots Jamaican philosophy fed in me," he wrote. "As a father, I naturally sought to develop the same sensibility in my two daughters. Born and bred in America, Kamala was the first in line to have it planted."

Kamala Harris' parents separated when she was young and divorced a few years later, according to Politico. She and her sister were raised by their mother, though their father remained in their lives, the site said.

Harris launched her 2020 presidential bid in January with a rally in her hometown of Oakland, California. Katie Canales/Business Insider
Harris, California's former attorney general, had stayed quiet on whether she supported marijuana legalization until last year, when California legalized recreational marijuana use and Harris cosponsored a Senate bill to end the federal prohibition on the drug.

"Making marijuana legal at the federal level is the smart thing to do and it's the right thing to do," she tweeted in May.

Harris' campaign told Politico that it had no comment on her father's statement.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 11:07 am 

Kamala Harris

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 11:27 am 

Her infamous interview with The Breakfast Club where she mentions smoking weed when she was younger.

She mentions that she listened to Snoop Dogg and Tupac during the time she was in college but that was long before Snoop Dogg and Tupac had hits on the radio. Something about her tale is off.

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 11:29 am 

Amy Klobuchar, the frigid queen, I mean snow queen, from Minnesota.

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 11:29 am 

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 11:30 am 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Her infamous interview with The Breakfast Club where she mentions smoking weed when she was younger.

She mentions that she listened to Snoop Dogg and Tupac during the time she was in college but that was long before Snoop Dogg and Tupac had hits on the radio. Something about her tale is off.

She is a seventy year old white woman who thinks she is a thirty five year old Aboriginal. :crazy:

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 5:21 pm 

:thumbup:

ac_toofunny

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 7:33 pm 

Because there is so much Trump hatred, I think to win the democrat primary, each dem candidate is going to have to try and out extreme the others. The most extreme candidate will probably win. That could hurt them a great deal in the general election. If they have run so far to the left, it will be tough to get back to the middle and look sincere doing it .

I also have to wonder what does the democrat party have to offer? Free stuff, hating Trump and some racial divisiveness thrown in. How does that stack up against a growing economy, no new wars and the lowest employment numbers since the 60s????

Of course one big dem plus is, whoever the dem candidate is, they will have the corrupt media running free campaign commercials for them 24/7.

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 7:50 pm 

I see that idiot Bernie Sanders is trying again.

And our press is reporting that Hilary is likely to step up as well.

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 7:53 pm 

Whoever the Democrat candidate is they will end America's four year nightmare of peace and a booming economy.

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 11:00 pm 

Trump is an awful President.

The longer he stays, the closer America marches towards fascism.

The USA needs someone respectable....and it doesn’t have to necessarily be a Democrat

I hope John Kassich challenges Trump for the nomination and dethrones him.

Anybody but Trump

Joe Biden would also be a respectable choice.

Either of these men would be a suitable replacement to get America back onto the rule of law and respectability again. They should run for the good of their nation

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 11:00 pm 

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 11:06 pm 

Fuck off Joe. The US economy is booming, wages are rising, steep hikes in health care premiums under Obama have stopped, people's finances are better than they've been in decades, taxes are lower, investment is up and no new wars. He's the first president in a long time who can make that last claim.

Your attention whoring is getting really pathetic. Go drop some money and lose your cherry before it's too late.

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2019, 11:21 pm 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Kamala Harris

But would she hop on a plane and go visit Rocketman?

Unread postPosted: February 22nd, 2019, 7:47 am 

Of course not, because she does not possess a pair of these.

Unread postPosted: February 22nd, 2019, 11:49 am 

Just for a record of how cuckoo the candidates are, some info--

Beto Orourke has said he will not only tear down Trumps wall if its built, he will also tear down all existing wall on the border.

Kamala Harris and Liz Warren have said they support reparations for slavery

It used to be only a small group of angry black extremists in America supported reparations, now at least two dem candidates do.

This is the modern democrat party-- way way way to the left-- If Bill Clinton or JFK ran today they would be called far right wingers.

Unread postPosted: February 22nd, 2019, 1:10 pm 

I've said it before and I will say it again; there's an extra hot place in hell reserved for blue collar white Americans who vote for the Democrats.

Unread postPosted: February 22nd, 2019, 2:42 pm 

JOE wrote:
Trump is an awful President.

The longer he stays, the closer America marches towards fascism.

So you and the snowflakes keep saying.

So, as always, kindly justify your claim. What has Trump done that qualifies him as "fascist"?